Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Find the best way to send money to Uzbekistan
Compare 2+ companies that can send money to Uzbekistan from Canada.
Looking for the best way to send money from Canada to family, friends or businesses in Uzbekistan (or even to your own overseas bank account)?
Don't head straight to your Canadian bank – compare specialist money transfer services instead. They nearly always offer better UZS exchange rates and lower fees, so for the same amount of Canadian dollars you send, your recipient will receive more Uzbekistani soʻms.
Of the companies we've compared, Remitly is among the cheapest, with competitive exchange rates and fees starting from $1.99. Need a really fast transfer? Remitly can get money to your recipient in Uzbekistan within an hour.
Best ways to send money to Uzbekistan from CanadaThe best way to send money to Uzbekistan depends on your payment method, how you want your money to be received and how fast you need it to arrive.
- Bank transfer. Typically the cheapest option, bank transfers are an easy way to send money to Uzbekistan but are often slower than other methods.
- Cash pickup. If you need your money to arrive fast, cash pickup gives your recipient instant access to the money you've sent when they collect it from their agent location in Uzbekistan.
- Peer-to-peer (P2P) transfer. With this type of transfer, the transfer service matches people buying Canadian Dollars in one country with people who are selling it in another, potentially securing a more competitive exchange rate.
Compare the best money transfer companies to send money to UzbekistanUse our table to compare the best money transfer companies to send money to Uzbekistan. You can compare deposit and receiving options, fees and transfer speeds, then click the "Go to site" button when you've found the best one to get your money to Uzbekistan.
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Cheapest way to send money to Uzbekistan
Bank transfers are typically the cheapest way to get your money to Uzbekistan. Remitly and Western Union have some of the lowest bank transfer fees of the brands we've compared.When you're hunting down the cheapest ways to send money to Uzbekistan, it's more important to look at the overall cost of your transfer. This has a couple of elements:
- Transfer fees. While still cheaper than your Canadian bank, some money transfer services charge either a fixed or percentage-based fee for making your transfer.
- Exchange rates. Another way money transfer providers make money is to add a margin to the mid-market CAD/UZS exchange rate.
Some providers may charge the mid-market rate but add fees on top. Others may have very low fees but apply a markup on the exchange rate. This means it is important to compare exactly how many Uzbekistani soʻms your recipient will end up with.
Fastest way to send money to Uzbekistan
Many online providers can offer transfers to Uzbekistan within minutes, although you're likely to pay a premium for the convenience.Here are some of the fastest average transfer speeds to Uzbekistan:
- Remitly — within an hour
- MoneyGram — within an hour
- Western Union — within hours
Actual transfer times from Canada to Uzbekistan can depend on several different factors including transfer amount, payment method and currency.
Safest way to send money to Uzbekistan
The safest way to get your money to Uzbekistan is to use a provider registered with Canada's industry regulator, the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada. All of the companies we've compared in our table are overseen by a local regulator and comply with the relevant laws and regulations in both Canada and Uzbekistan.
A great way to dive deeper is by reading our extended reviews of each transfer service and researching first-hand customer feedback on Trustpilot and similar platforms.
Large money transfers to Uzbekistan
If you need to make a sizable money transfer to Uzbekistan, consider using a provider such as to benefit from its expertise in handling larger transfer amounts.Using a large transfer specialist can have the following advantages:
- Tax guidance. Large transfers to Uzbekistan may have tax implications for you or your recipient. A transfer specialist can help get you up to speed on CRA's latest advice.
- Foreign exchange (forex) tools. Advanced tools such as forward contracts, limit orders and stop-loss orders can help you lock in the UZS exchange rate you want.
- Account manager. Some money transfer providers assign a personal account manager who can help and advise you on your transfer needs.
- Phone service. If you want to talk your transfer through with someone, providers such as Remitly and Western Union can give you support over the phone.
How to send money to Uzbekistan from Canada
To send money to Uzbekistan, you'll need the necessary documentation, your recipient's details and a way to pay.
- Compare your options.
Use our table to find a money transfer provider that sends funds to Uzbekistan. One may be better for cash pickups while another may suit a bank transfer. Once you've found the best one for your requirements, click "Go to site".
- Create an account.
You'll need to give your name, address, contact details, proof of ID and method of payment.
- Provide your recipient's details.
Enter your recipient's name and contact information. If you're sending straight to their Uzbekistani bank account, you'll need the account number, SWIFT or IBAN plus their bank branch's address.
- Enter your transfer amount.
Check you're happy with the fees, exchange rates and transfer speed, then enter the amount you wish to send. Double-check the total Uzbekistani soʻms your recipient gets.
- Complete your transfer.
Send your money transfer to Uzbekistan. Keep your transaction reference number safe so you can track your transfer. Your recipient may need it too.
How to choose the best money transfer companies to send money to Uzbekistan
When choosing a money transfer provider to send money from Canada to Uzbekistan, it's important to consider the cost, how you want your recipient to receive the funds and the turnaround time. Here are other features to review:
- Exchange rates. Banks and transfer services use the mid-market rate to trade with one another. It is the best rate you can get. However, not all money transfer providers offer you this mid-market rate so compare the UZS you're offered to the mid-market rate and look for the smallest difference.
- Transfer fees. Are you being charged a flat fee or a percentage of your transfer amount? For example, a provider offering to transfer your money to Uzbekistan for a flat or low fee might work out better if you plan to send a large amount.
- Transfer type. Does your recipient have a Uzbekistani bank account or is cash or cell phone top-up a better option? Each transfer type will have different fees. For example, instant cash pickups tend to be more expensive than bank transfers.
- Transfer speed. If you need your transfer to arrive quickly, you can pay for an express delivery. Companies such as Western Union offer instant cash pickups but may charge more. If you're not in a rush, online money transfer services offer the best value and get your money to Uzbekistan faster and cheaper than banks.
- Transfer purpose. Whether your transfer is for personal or business reasons influences which provider you want to use. If it is a one-off personal transfer, then fast and cheap may be the way to go. But if you make recurring transfers or send large amounts, a business transfer specialist like may be more economical.
- Forex tools. Are you able to set rate targets, lock in a good UZS rate for the future or create a stop-loss order? Advanced forex tools can help make your transfer cheaper, which is useful if you make multiple transfers a year.
- Transfer limits. Find out how much you can send with each service. For example, MoneyGram has a transfer limit of $990 while Remitly allows transfers up to $60,000.
- Customer support. If you're sending larger amounts or looking for some guidance, it's important to choose a provider you can contact by phone like Remitly.
- Discounts. Some providers may offer you a free transfer simply for signing up. Others may offer a discount if you transfer more than a specific amount of Uzbekistani soʻms.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
EQ Bank Card review
Earn interest on your savings, avoid ATM and foreign transaction fees and get cashback on every purchase.
How to buy Brera (BREA) stock in Canada
Everything we know about the Brera IPO plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy TXO Energy (TXO) stock in Canada
Everything we know about the TXO Energy IPO plus information on how to buy in.
5 ways to get MacBook financing in Canada
Get the MacBook you want at a price you can afford.
Best high interest savings accounts of January 2023
Take a look at several of the best high-interest savings accounts to grow your funds with no risk. You’ll discover fee structures and what it takes to open an account.
Compare personal loans in Winnipeg
Learn about different personal loan types in Winnipeg and find out where to apply online or in person.
Debt consolidation loans in Ottawa
Follow this guide to discover your options to consolidate debt in Ottawa.
Instant Funding review
Before you apply with instantfunding.ca, read this review to help you make an informed decision.
Compare personal loans in PEI
Learn where to find personal loans in PEI, how to apply and what you need to qualify.
50 Best finance blogs on financial freedom for women
Learn how to save, earn and invest with our list of the best finance blogs for women.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.