Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
SCENE credit cards
Discover the latest blockbusters for free when you pay for your purchases with a SCENE credit card.
Whether you’re a die-hard movie buff or just an occasional moviegoer, you might benefit from a SCENE credit card. SCENE cards are part of a customer loyalty program offered by Scotiabank and Cineplex that allows you to accumulate rewards on all of your everyday purchases, with more earning potential when you shop at Cineplex. SCENE credit cards have a $0 annual fee, optional insurance coverage and a generous welcome bonus.
Learn more about the SCENE program and how you can maximize your rewards.
Compare SCENE credit cards
What is the SCENE program?
SCENE is a loyalty program that lets you show your SCENE membership card to earn points on movies, meals and other purchases at Cineplex and participating restaurants. You can then redeem these points for free movie tickets, concession items and more. You’ll also get discounted movie tickets on certain days of the week and a welcome bonus when you sign up for the program.
How does it work?
The SCENE credit card is an extension of the customer loyalty program in that it lets you earn points on everyday purchases (not just those made at Cineplex or affiliated companies). You’ll earn a different number of points based on the type of card you have. On average, you can earn around one movie for every $1,250.00 you spend on your card (or every $250.00 you spend at Cineplex).
- $0 annual fee. You won’t typically pay an annual fee for a Scotiabank SCENE Visa Card.
- Bonus points. Earn 5x the points when you shop at Cineplex.
- Basic benefits. There’s the option to pay a little bit more for basic insurance.
- Free movies. Every tenth movie that you go to is on the house.
- Discounted prices. Get discounted ticket prices on Tuesdays.
- Welcome bonus. Qualify for bonus points when you sign up.
SCENE credit cards
- Scotiabank SCENE Visa Card. Earn Earn 5 SCENE points per $1 spent at participating Cineplex theatres or cineplex.com, and earn 1 SCENE point per $1 spent on eligible purchases elsewhere.. You can also take advantage of a welcome offer when you sign up: Earn 2,500 bonus SCENE points when you spend a minimum of $500 on eligible purchases in the first three months as a new SCENE Visa cardholder. Apply by November 21, 2021. Additionally, save money with a $0 annual fee.
- SCENE Visa Card-Student. This card offers access to the SCENE student banking bundle and Scotiabank’s student resources.
- Scotiabank Rewards credit cards. Scotiabank rewards cards allow you to convert rewards into SCENE points as long as you have a valid SCENE membership card.
How to maximize your rewards
- Pair with a SCENE debit card. If you want to accumulate points quickly, you can pair your credit card with a SCENE debit card to earn the maximum amount.
- Search for the biggest welcome bonus. Find a card that gives you the most points when you sign up.
- Spend more at Cineplex. You’ll get 5x the rewards at Cineplex, so make sure that you use your card whenever you buy movie tickets or shop at the concession.
- Take advantage of special offers. Take advantage of monthly coupons and special offers (like 15x the bonus points) at participating restaurants.
- Watch out for caps on points. Make multiple transactions on large amounts if possible since the maximum number of points you can earn per transaction is 300, while the maximum you can earn per day is 600.
If you’re in the market for a credit card that will let you earn points to see all the latest blockbusters for free, then a SCENE credit card could be the right fit for you. These cards tend to be pretty basic and come with no annual fee. You can take advantage of special offers on movies and restaurants, but watch out for caps on points if you want to maximize your rewards.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Best credit cards
We’ve taken a look at some of the best credit cards in Canada and explained who they’re best suited to.
Best credit cards for people with no credit
Using a secured credit card responsibly will help you eventually level up to a regular credit card.
The best balance transfer credit cards of 2021
Here’s our picks for the best balance transfer credit cards. Compare cards ranging from the longest intro APR periods to the lowest fees.
Plastk Secured Visa Card review
Learn how you can earn rewards and rebuild your credit score when you make purchases with the Plastk Secured Visa Card.
Cash back vs travel rewards credit cards
Learn about the differences between cashback and travel rewards credit cards, and figure out which one might be the best fit for you.
The best credit cards for entertainment
Use rewards from your everyday purchases to get movie tickets, free dining, travel perks and more.
Best Visa credit cards
Earn rewards or get a very low intro APR period with the best Visa credit cards.
Are credit card fees tax-deductible?
You can deduct credit card fees if you use your credit card for business purposes, not for personal reasons. Learn more in our helpful guide.
Is credit card interest tax-deductible?
Interest accrued on business credit card expenses is tax-deductible. Learn more in our helpful guide.
How to manage multiple credit cards
Learn how to manage multiple credit cards with this guide so that you can make the most of your accounts.