Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
SaskTel Internet review
Get standard and premium Internet packages offering speeds up to 300Mbps with this Saskatchewan-based telecom company.
SaskTel is a crown-owned telecom company in Saskatchewan that provides Internet services throughout the province. It offers Internet plans starting at $57.95 per month, which is an average cost by industry standards. SaskTel also has some decent welcome offers that you can take advantage of to cut down on your monthly expenses.
These include the opportunity to bundle services or get a discount on your monthly payments in your first 3 months (or your first 12 months on a 2-year contract). Learn more about what SaskTel Internet plans are available and which one might be the best fit for your unique set of needs.
- Speed. Ranges from 5Mbps to 300Mbps.
- Starting price. Starts from $57.95 per month or $28.97 on a promotional offer.
- Minimum contract. You can pay on a month-to-month plan or a two-year contract.
- Offers. You may be able to get a rebate on your monthly fees in your first 3 months or in your first 12 months on a 2-year contract
What is SaskTel?
SaskTel is a crown-owned telecom company that offers average prices for low-to-medium speed Internet plans in Saskatchewan. It provides a number of plan options ranging from 5Mbps–300Mbps, depending on what speed you’re looking for. The lowest non-promotional price you’ll pay is $57.95 for a 5Mbps plan. That said, the promotional price you’ll get for this plan is $28.97 per month in your first 3 months.
What plans does SaskTel offer?
SaskTel offers several types of Internet plans in Saskatchewan, though it doesn’t yet have service to other Canadian provinces.
- interNET 5 plan. This plan is a good fit for small households that need limited Internet. It costs $57.95 per month, with a promotional offer of $28.97 in your first 3 months.
- interNET 10 plan. You'll get double the speed with this plan for $62.95 per month or $31.47 in your first 3 months.
- infiNET 20 plan. The infiNET 20 plan is ideal for a 3-4 person household and costs $59.95 per month (or $29.97 on promo).
- interNET 25 plan. You'll get faster download speeds with this plan and there are no data caps. It costs $69.95 per month or $49.95 in your first 3 months.
- infiNET 40 plan. Get unlimited high-speed Internet with this plan for only $69.95 per month (or $34.97 in your first 3 months).
- interNET 50 plan. Up your game with a 2-year contract on this plan to lower your costs from $79.95 to $64.95 in your first 12 months.
- infiNET 80. This plan lets several people download and stream at one time. It costs $74.95 per month on a 2-year contract.
- infiNET 175. You'll pay $94.95 per month for SaskTel's 175 Mbps plan (or $49.95 per month in your first 12 months when you sign up for a contract).
- infiNET 300. This is the fastest speed on offer from SaskTel and is best for big households. It costs $134.95 per month on a 2-year contract.
Does SaskTel allow bundling?
SaskTel does allow bundling and you can save money whenever you bundle your SaskTel Internet with your wireless, TV, smartHOME and home phone long distance. This will allow you to save cash every month on your payments. SaskTel also offers you the chance to take advantage of promo offers like rebates and discounts for some of its Internet plans.
What other features should I know about?
You’ll be able to take advantage of a number of different features with a SaskTel Internet plan:
- Bundling services. You’ll be able to save money by bundling your Internet with your wireless, home phone or TV plan.
- Unlimited data. Enjoy unlimited data on SaskTel Internet plans for no monthly fee.
- Special add-ons. Add on options such as a static IP address, additional email addresses or a faster upload speed for a low monthly cost.
- Online account. Track your bill payments and monitor your Internet use with your mySaskTel app.
What to watch out for
- Undisclosed fees. It seems that you may have to pay activation and modem fees, though the cost of these fees doesn’t seem to be listed anywhere on the site.
- Only available in Saskatchewan. SaskTel Internet plans are currently only available in Saskatchewan.
- Long-term contracts. You may have to sign a 2-year contract to get reduced rates, which will mean you’ll have to pay cancellation fees if you want to get out of it.
- No online orders for new customers. You’ll have to call in to speak to a customer service agent or visit a store in-person to sign up as a SaskTel customer.
- Limited extras. There are limited options for extras like Internet security packages or wall-to-wall Wi-Fi coverage.
How do I sign up with SaskTel?
- Visit SaskTel‘s website and fill in your address to find out what plans are offered in your area.
- If you’re an existing customer, sign in to your SaskTel account to register online for a plan.
- As a new customer, you’ll need to either call in to speak to a customer service agent or visit a store in-person to sign up for a plan.
SaskTel is a well-known Internet provider in Saskatchewan. Plans start at $57.95 per month and go up from there depending on how fast you want your Internet to be. You may also be able to bundle your services or qualify for promo offers such as special discounts or monthly rebates when you sign up.