Rogers World Elite Mastercard review
Earn comprehensive benefits and get a decent return on cashback with this fee-free card.Get $25 in cashback as soon as you make your first eligible purchase.
Purchase Interest Rate
The Rogers World Elite Mastercard is a fee-free card that offers a decent return on cashback for high earners. Earn 3% unlimited cash back rewards on eligible purchases made in U.S. dollars, and earn 1.5% cash back on all other eligible purchases. Get $25 in cashback as soon as you make your first eligible purchase.
- Think about this card if you regularly shop at Rogers and you don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- Choose something else if you want to pay low interest or earn targeted rewards.
- You’ll need to make an individual annual income of $80,000 or a household income of $150,000 to qualify for this card.
If you have a phone plan with Rogers or you regularly shop in foreign currencies, you could benefit from the Rogers World Elite Mastercard.
- No annual fee. There’s no annual fee to maintain this card.
- Decent return. Earn 3% unlimited cash back rewards on eligible purchases made in U.S. dollars, and earn 1.5% cash back on all other eligible purchases.
- Welcome offer. Get $25 in cashback as soon as you make your first eligible purchase.
- Unlimited cashback. There are no monthly caps on how much cashback you can earn with this card.
- Purchase protection. Protect the items you buy on your card with purchase assurance and extended warranty coverage.
- No fee for additional cards. You can add up to nine extra cards for no annual fee.
- Emergency medical coverage. Avoid paying for third-party insurance when you travel with emergency medical insurance included on your card.
- Rental car insurance. Get embedded collision and damage insurance on any rental car you pay for with your card.
- Travel insurance. Get extra trip cancellation and trip interruption insurance to cover unexpected expenses in an emergency.
- Optional insurance. Pay an extra fee to get identity theft protection, balance protection insurance and additional travel coverage on your card.
- Security features. Relax knowing your purchases are protected with chip-enabled transactions and online fraud prevention mechanisms.
- Contactless payments. Make quick and easy payments with tap-and-go technology.
- Zero-liability insurance. Avoid paying for fraudulent charges on your account with zero-liability insurance.
What to watch out for
- High interest. You’ll pay 19.99% for purchases and 22.99% for cash advances and balance transfers.
- Penalties for late payment. You’ll pay up to 25.99% interest for purchases and 27.99% for other transactions if you don’t make your minimum payments on time.
- Additional fees. You’ll pay extra fees when you exceed your credit limit, leave your account inactive or request services like cash advances.
- High income requirements. You’ll need to make at least $80,000 per year to qualify for this card.
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Head to the Rogers website to begin your application.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
Compare other credit cards
The Rogers World Elite Mastercard lets you earn accelerated cashback for every dollar you spend with Rogers and its partners. It comes with a small welcome bonus and comprehensive benefits, but you’ll need a relatively high income to qualify for this card.