Rogers Internet: Plans, features and how to sign up
Lock in high-speed Internet and stay connected with one of Canada’s most trusted telecom providers.
Sign into your MyRogers account to make bill payments or monitor your Internet usage.
Rogers is a well-established Canadian telecom company that offers fast Internet at affordable prices. It markets several Rogers Ignite packages with different Internet speeds and pricing options. That said, it only offers Internet in certain provinces, so you might not be able to use this service in some locations.
Find out what types of services you can access through this provider and learn how you can request more information or sign up for an account today.
- Speed. Ranges from 150Mbps to 1Gbps
- Starting price. Starts from $99.99 depending on your province.
- Minimum contract. There’s no minimum contract listed for Internet services, but you’ll pay $49.95 to activate your service.
- Offers. Bundling Rogers Ignite Internet with Rogers Ignite TV will save you money, but it’s only available in some provinces.
What is Rogers?
Rogers is a major telecom company in Canada that offers Internet services to a handful of provinces in Canada. The plans Rogers offers are all under the “Rogers Ignite” brand. You can also sign up for Rogers Ignite TV and bundle your services to save money.
Which provinces can benefit from Rogers Ignite Internet services?
Rogers only offers fixed Internet services in Ontario, New Brunswick and Newfoundland. Other provinces can still access mobile Internet and data plans with Rogers, but these aren’t usually suitable for home use.
What plans does Rogers offer?
Rogers doesn’t have a set range of plans, because the cost of your plan ultimately depends on where you live and what you want. Different plans exist for different provinces and territories. Here’s a broad idea of what to expect by way of Internet speed, price and contract requirements.
You’ll be able to access download speeds of 150Mbps to 1Gbps with the different packages on offer. The speed you’ll want will depend on how many people are accessing your broadband, and how fast you want your Internet to be. You may want to pay more for a higher speed if you have a big household, stream high volumes of content or regularly download large files.
Rogers has a number of packages running from $99.99 to $119.99, depending on how fast you want your Internet to be. You’ll pay the lowest price for the 150Mbps package, which will cap out at 100GB of Internet per month. The packages with faster speeds will come at a higher cost.
All of Rogers Internet plans come on a month-to-month term so you won’t need to worry about fulfilling a contract. However, you will have to pay an installation fee of $49.95 unless you install your modem yourself. You’ll also have to pay a monthly fee to rent your modem, though this cost will be baked into the advertised price of your plan.
There are no discounts or offers available for its Internet plans unless you bundle your services. This requires you to bundle your Rogers Ignite TV with your Internet service. These bundles will typically factor in your equipment and installation fees as well.
Does Rogers allow bundling?
You can get a discount on Rogers Ignite TV and Internet packages if you bundle your services. For example, if you pay for Rogers Ignite 1Gbps Internet on its own, it will cost you $119.99 per month. If you choose to bundle your Rogers Ignite Internet with your Rogers Ignite TV on a basic package, it will cost you $134.99 This means you’ll a bit extra per month to get access to a Rogers TV subscription.
What other features should I know about?
There are a number of other features that Rogers offers, though you may need to pay an additional monthly fee to access certain add-ons.
- Self-installation. Install your modem yourself with step-by-step instructions to avoid paying the installation fee.
- Whole-home Wi-Fi coverage. Pay a monthly fee to get wall-to-wall Wi-Fi access that’s adapted to your home’s unique layout and gets around signal interference.
- Rogers Wi-Fi app. Download the Rogers Wi-Fi app to set controls and see who’s accessing your network at any time of day.
- MyRogers account. Sign into your MyRogers account to make bill payments or monitor your Internet usage.
What to watch out for
- Only available in some provinces. You’ll only be able to access Rogers Ignite Internet if you live in Ontario, New Brunswick or Newfoundland.
- Activation fee. You’ll have to pay $49.95 to get your modem installed unless you choose to do the install yourself.
- Modem rental fee. You’ll pay $10 per month to rent your modem (though this cost is baked into the overall monthly cost of your plan).
- Usage caps. Some Rogers Ignite Internet plans cap how much data you can use before you have to pay additional usage fees.
- Prices can change. You may find that your plan prices increase unexpectedly because you’re not on a fixed-term contract.
- Extras cost more. You may need to pay more if you want extra features like wall-to-wall Wi-Fi coverage
How do I sign up with Rogers?
- Click “Go to Site” on this page to be securely directed to the Rogers Internet sign-up page.
- Fill in your postal code to find out what services Rogers offers in your location.
- Complete your application with personal details that include your name, email address and birth date.
- Review and submit your application and wait to hear from Rogers about your eligibility.
- Once you’re approved, sign up for a MyRogers account to manage your bills online and pay for your Rogers Internet.
Compare other internet service providers
Rogers is a well-established and reputable telecom company in Canada. It offers fast Internet services under the “Rogers Ignite” brand. You can also bundle these services with your TV plan to save money. The downside is you’ll typically only be able to access Internet with Rogers if you live in Ontario, Newfoundland or New Brunswick. Other providers offer Internet plans in other parts of Canada.