Regal Assets gold bullion
Purchase high-quality precious metals and cryptocurrencies using this reputable online dealer
Regal Assets is relatively new in Canada but is well-known as the sister company of award-winning US bullion dealer and gold investment brokers, Regal Assets.
- Think about this gold and silver dealer if you want to choose from a wide selection of products and you’d prefer to diversify your RRSPs with precious metals.
- Choose something else if you want transparent pricing or you’re looking to pay for your precious metals using your credit card or PayPal.
What does Regal Assets sell?
Regal Assets sells bars and coins in a variety of precious metals. It also sells high-quality watches and a variety of cryptocurrencies.
- Gold. Order a wide variety of high-quality gold bullion, bars and coins.
- Silver. Purchase silver bars between 1 and 100 ounces, or choose from a selection of silver collector’s coins.
- Platinum. Buy a number of Canadian, US and Australian platinum coins.
- Palladium. Grab palladium bars between 1 and 10 ounces or purchase a special edition palladium coin.
- Cryptocurrencies. Collect and trade a number of cryptocurrency coins like Bitcoin, Ether and Litecoin.
- Watches. Order a new watch from the coveted Franck Muller collection.
How does buying from Regal Assets work?
Regal Assets is an online gold and precious metals dealer that allows you to purchase products through its online site. It allows you to purchase assets for your retirement account or for direct shipment/storage outside of your RRSP.
- Retirement account. Regal Assets can work with your current RRSP plan to transfer your retirement savings over to a Regal Assets account. From there, you can use this money to invest in precious metals or cryptocurrencies. Your investments will be held in a fully-insured Canadian or off-shore vault for safekeeping. You’ll be able to withdraw your investments and turn them into cash when you turn 71.
- Direct shipment account. You can also choose to buy precious metals directly from Regal Assets and have them shipped to your home (except for products purchased with RRSP money). The downside is that the prices for Regal Assets‘ products aren’t listed on the website, so you’ll need to call to get a quote.
What payment methods can I use?
There are different ways that you can load your account with money depending on what type of account you have.
- Retirement account. You’ll only be able to fund this type of account by transferring a retirement savings account (like your RRSP) over to Regal Assets. You can then use this money to purchase precious metals and cryptocurrencies.
- Direct shipment account. You can fund your direct shipment account with a personal cheque, cashier’s cheque, money order or bank wire. Unlike other providers, Regal Assets won’t allow you to make your payments through credit card, PayPal transfer or Interac online transfer.
RRSP accounts are held in a government certified vault, and you’ll need to pay a flat fee each year to keep your account active. Direct shipments are shipped straight to your doorstep using UPS (or registered mail). All orders that are shipped out are sent in discreet packages and are fully insured for the full market value. Shipping costs aren’t disclosed on the company website, so it’s not clear how much you’ll have to pay for your order.
How does selling to Regal Assets work?
Regal Assets indicates that it will purchase precious metals back at any time and deposit your funds within 24 hours of purchasing your precious metals. It doesn’t say much else about the process for selling your assets back to Regal, so you should call to speak to a customer service agent if you want more information.
Just be aware that the price you pay for your investments today might not be the price you get back tomorrow. For this reason, it’s best to sit on your investments for a long period of time so that you can see their market value increase.
How do Regal Assets‘ prices compare to competitors?
There is no information on Regal Assets‘ website about how much it charges for precious metals or cryptocurrencies. That said, other review sites indicate that it is well-known for offering competitive prices.
They also provide a transparent fee and commission schedule for you to look at once you’re ready to purchase your products. This will make sure you know how much everything will cost before you sign on the dotted line.
Is Regal Assets safe?
Regal Assets Canada is a reputable precious metals seller that offers fully insured shipments and storage that’s backed by Lloyds of London.
How does Regal Assets keep my money safe?
Regal Assets offers full insurance on all of its gold products that are shipped out or held in storage at one of its various vault locations. Your precious metals will also be held in a segregated area of the storage facility so you don’t need to worry about them getting mixed up with other orders.
Customer reviews and complaints
Regal Assets Canada doesn’t seem to have a significant number of customer ratings on pages like Google or Trustpilot. That said, the gold dealer is reviewed by several independent review sites. These sites praise the low fees that it charges to buy and sell gold. They also seem to appreciate how easy it is to set up an account online.
One of the main complaints that reviewers seem to have about the service is that Royal Assets isn’t very well established in Canada. It also doesn’t advertise its prices on the company website so it can be hard to figure out how much you’ll have to pay for orders, storage and shipping.
Pros and cons
- Easy application. It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up for an account.
- RRSP roll-overs. You can use money from your RRSPs to fund your Regal Assets account and purchase precious metals and cryptocurrencies.
- Storage options. You can choose to keep the gold you buy in a fully-insured vault if it’s in an RRSP or you don’t want it shipped to your house.
- Expert advice. You can speak to an expert for guidance on how and when it’s best to purchase precious metals and cryptocurrencies.
- Easy to sell back. Regal Assets will buy back heavy metals at any time and you’ll get your funds deposited within 24 hours of your sale.
- Solid reputation. Regal Assets has a solid reputation among gold bullion dealers, and it has years of experience transferring millions of dollars in retirement assets.
- No transparent pricing. The prices for all of Regal Assets‘ products aren’t listed on the company’s website so you’ll have to request a quote.
- No at-home RRSPs. Your RRSPs will have to be held in a secured storage facility, and there are serious tax implications if you take any of your precious metals out early.
- No cancellations. You won’t be able to cancel your order once it’s placed and you may incur market losses if you choose to sell your gold quickly.
- Storage fee. You’ll need to pay an additional fee each year to store your gold in a secured facility.
- Computer-based. You’ll have to be somewhat computer literate to navigate the purchasing process since it’s all carried out online.
How do I contact Regal Assets support?
You can contact Regal Assets Canada by calling its customer service line at 1-877-962-1133. You can also send a message through its social media accounts like Facebook or Twitter.
Compare other bullion dealers
Regal Assets is a reputable gold and silver dealer that is well-known for its retirement savings accounts. You can easily transfer your RRSP to Regal Assets and purchase precious metals with your outstanding balance. You can also buy non-RRSP products directly from the online catalogue and get them delivered straight to your doorstep.