Purple Cow Internet Review
Sign up for a high-speed Internet plan for one affordable flat rate with this telecom company.
You’ll get unlimited data on your plan, which means no overage charges or extra fees for going over your data.
Are you looking for an affordable Internet provider in Nova Scotia? You might like to check out Purple Cow Internet. This budget telecom company works to provide 100Mbps plans to Nova Scotia residents for only $60 per month.
You’ll also get your hardware for free, and you’ll only have to pay a one-time set-up fee of $55 to get your service up and running. Learn how you can sign up for cheap and efficient Internet with Purple Cow.
- Speed. The only speed available is 100Mbps.
- Starting price. You’ll pay a flat rate of $60 per month for your plan.
- Minimum contract. Purple Cow only offers month-to-month contracts.
- Offers. There are no special offers since Purple Cow already has some of the lowest prices in the industry.
What is Purple Cow?
Purple Cow is an innovative telecom company that offers one speed of Internet to Nova Scotia residents. All of its services run off of a fibre optic network and you’ll get reasonably high speeds for what you pay.
You’ll only pay $60 for a 100Mbps plan, which is enough speed for multiple users to stream, surf and play video games. You’ll have to pay a set-up fee of $55 to get started with the service, but you’ll get your hardware and installation for free.
What plans does Purple Cow offer?
Purple Cow offers one speed of Internet for a single set price, though this service is only available to Nova Scotia residents.
- 100Mbps – $60 per month. The only plan available with Purple Cow is a medium-speed Internet plan that’s good for households of three to four people. It can be used for fast downloads, high-intensity gaming and uninterrupted streaming for multiple users. As an added benefit, there are no hidden fees or additional costs aside from a one-time flat fee of $55 to set up your service.
Does Purple Cow allow bundling?
There doesn’t seem to be an option to bundle your services on the Purple Cow website. This means you’ll have to pay full price for your Internet and TV, even if you buy them together. This could be because the company already offers prices that are below the industry average.
What other features should I know about?
Purple Cow offers a very simple Internet service with a handful of basic features:
- Flat rate. You’ll pay a flat fee of $60 per month for a high-speed plan and this price won’t go up after a promotional period.
- Unlimited data. You’ll get unlimited data on your plan, which means no overage charges or extra fees for going over your data.
- No contracts. There are no contracts so you won’t have to pay cancellation fees to get out of a multi-year commitment.
- No hardware fees. You won’t have to pay additional fees to get set up with the hardware you need to run your Internet.
- Convenient tech support. You can text Purple Cow to make a service request or ask for a call back instead of waiting on hold.
- Easy set-up. All you need to do to start using your Internet is plug in the modem that will be shipped out to you at no extra cost.
What to watch out for
- Restricted to Nova Scotia. Purple Cow is only available to residents of Nova Scotia.
- No bundling options. You won’t be able to bundle your services to save money on your Internet and TV.
- No home phone services. You might not want to sign up for Purple Cow if you want your Internet, TV and phone services held under one provider.
- No special discounts. You won’t be able to get a reduced price on your Internet with a coupon code or other special offer.
How do I sign up with Purple Cow?
- Visit Purple Cow‘s website and fill in your address to find out if you qualify for service.
- Order your Purple Cow Internet online or by calling into Purple Cow‘s customer service department.
- Get your modem delivered and plug it in (or request a service call if you run into trouble).
- Sign up for an online billing account with Purple Cow to manage your payments.
Compare other internet service providers
Purple Cow is a popular telecom company offering its services to residents of Nova Scotia. You’ll be able to sign up for a single-speed Internet plan (100Mbps) for a set price of $60 per month. You’ll also need to pay a one-time set-up fee of $55 to get your service up and running.