Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
HSBC Personal Loans
Learn how to apply for an HSBC personal loan.
HSBC Canada is the seventh largest bank and the largest foreign-owned bank in Canada. HSBC offers personal loans as well as home equity loans, registered retirement savings plan (RRSP) loans, personal line of credit and mortgages.
A personal loan can help you out of a tight spot, but should not be considered a long term financial solution. We’ll help you compare your options to make sure you get the personal loan that is right for you.
How does borrowing from HSBC work?
To apply for an HSBC loan, fill out the online form with your personal and financial information and desired loan amount. Once you submit the online form, an HSBC representative will contact you within two days.
Features of a personal loan from HSBC?
- Fixed or variable interest rates. HSBC offers loans with both fixed and variable interest rates. Fixed interest rates are set when you take out a loan and remain the same over the course of the loan, while variable rates change depending on the market.
- Flexible loan terms. Personal loan terms ranging from one to five years so you can choose the loan term that best suits your personal circumstances. Keep in mind, the longer you take to pay back your loan, the more interest you will pay.
- Lower rates for existing customers. Eligible customers with an HSBC Premier HSBC Advance chequing account may qualify for lower rates.
- Flexible repayment options. You can pay your HSBC loan back in weekly, bi-weekly and monthly payment
- Online loan calculator. Use the online loan calculator to find out exactly how much your desired loan will cost before applying. You can adjust the loan amount and loan term to check out all the possible options and make the best financial decision for you.
- Loan insurance. HSBC offers personal loan insurance to cover you in the event of death or an illness or injury that prevents you from being able to repay your loan.
How much does an HSBC personal loan cost?
The total cost of your loan depends on the loan amount, the loan term and your individual financial circumstances. All interest rates, fees and charges associated with your loan should be stated clearly in your loan contract.
Are HSBC loans safe?
How to apply for a loan with HSBC
To get started, head to the HSBC website.
Keep in mind, if you are applying for a joint loan, the co-applicant must also complete the application and meet the eligibility criteria. All loans are subject to standard credit approval.
To be eligible for an HSBC loan, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 or 19 years of age depending on your province of residence.
- Be a Canadian resident.
You may need the following information and documents to complete your application:
- Personal details including your name, current address, mobile number, email and social insurance number.
- Financial details including payslips and bank statements.
Before you make your choice, make sure to do your research to see which lenders offer you the best value.
Compare other personal loans
More guides on Finder
Easy Financial Secured Loan review
If you’re willing to use your home as collateral, Easy Financial provides secured loans of up to $45,000.
Cash Money Line of Credit review
Need access to cash? Cash Money lines of credit offer flexibility to borrow as much or as little as you need, up to a maximum of $10,000.
Calculate Car Loan Repayments
Calculate your car loan repayments and apply with Canadian lenders.
Bitcoin vs Gold 2021: Which should you invest in?
SPONSORED: J.P. Morgan suspects Bitcoin is on its way to becoming the new gold – but should you invest?
Book value vs. market value
A firm’s book value and market value can help you measure a stock’s true worth. Learn more in this guide.
The top sites to buy hearing aids online 2021
If you’re looking to pick up hearing aids online, do it for less with a coupon at any of these top online destinations.
Canadian Auto News car loan review
Canadian Auto News matches you with local lenders and dealerships to help you find the perfect car and car financing for your needs.
Compare Car Loans
Compare the best car loans in Canada to get on the road faster and keep more money in your pocket.
Compare Car Loans
Need a car loan to finance your new set of wheels? Compare the best car loans here to get on the road faster with more money in your pocket.
How to invest $10k
Grow your wealth the smart way with these top 6 picks.