Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
HSBC personal loan
Learn how to apply for an HSBC personal loan but first see if it's right for you.
HSBC Canada is the seventh largest bank and the largest foreign-owned bank in Canada. HSBC offers personal loans as well as home equity loans, registered retirement savings plan (RRSP) loans, personal line of credit and mortgages.
A personal loan can help you out of a tight spot, but should not be considered a long term financial solution. We’ll help you compare your options to make sure you get the personal loan that is right for you.
How does borrowing from HSBC work?
To apply for an HSBC loan, fill out the online form with your personal and financial information and desired loan amount. Once you submit the online form, an HSBC representative will contact you within two days.
Features of a personal loan from HSBC?
- Fixed or variable interest rates. HSBC offers loans with both fixed and variable interest rates. Fixed interest rates are set when you take out a loan and remain the same over the course of the loan, while variable rates change depending on the market.
- Flexible loan terms. Personal loan terms ranging from one to five years so you can choose the loan term that best suits your personal circumstances. Keep in mind, the longer you take to pay back your loan, the more interest you will pay.
- Lower rates for existing customers. Eligible customers with an HSBC Premier HSBC Advance chequing account may qualify for lower rates.
- Flexible repayment options. You can pay your HSBC loan back in weekly, bi-weekly and monthly payment
- Online loan calculator. Use HSBC’s online loan calculator to find out exactly how much your desired loan will cost before applying. You can adjust the loan amount and loan term to check out all the possible options and make the best financial decision for you.
- Loan insurance. HSBC offers personal loan insurance to cover you in the event of death or an illness or injury that prevents you from being able to repay your loan.
How much does an HSBC personal loan cost?
The total cost of your loan depends on the loan amount, the loan term and your individual financial circumstances. An HSBC personal loan interest rate can range from (variable) prime + 2.75% to prime + 6.75%. All interest rates, fees and charges associated with your loan should be stated clearly in your loan contract.
Are HSBC loans safe?
How to apply for a loan with HSBC
You can apply for an HSBC personal loan online, over the phone or in-person at a branch. Keep in mind, if you are applying for a joint loan, the co-applicant must also complete the application and meet the eligibility criteria. All loans are subject to standard credit approval.
To be eligible for an HSBC loan, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 or 19 years of age depending on your province of residence.
- Be a Canadian resident.
You may need the following information and documents to complete your application:
- Personal details including your name, current address, mobile number, email and social insurance number.
- Financial details including payslips and bank statements.
Before you make your choice, make sure to do your research to see which lenders offer you the best value.
Compare other personal loans
Not sure if the HSBC personal loan is right for you? Compare more personal loans from reputable online lenders below. Make sure you meet any eligibility requirements before applying.
More guides on Finder
How to buy goeasy stock in Canada
Find out how to buy GSY stock in Canada and compare Canadian stock trading platforms.
310-LOAN payday loan review
Borrow up to $1,500 from 310-LOAN with no credit check.
How to lower your tax bill using tax deductions and tax credits
You can reduce your total tax bill using tax benefits like tax deductions and tax credits.
E-transfer payday loans
Find out which licensed lenders can e-transfer payday loans.
National Bank Direct Brokerage Review
Trade commission-free with this large Canadian bank. Plus, it’s good for beginners and pros alike.
Best cheap stocks to buy now
Stock trading doesn’t have to be expensive. Using Finder’s proprietary algorithm, we’ve identified the best cheap Canadian and US stocks to buy now.
Easy payday loans
Payday loans are considered easy to get, but they’re also expensive. Before you apply, here’s what you need to know.
Payday loans with government benefits
Find out where you can apply for payday loans with government benefits.
Where to buy outdoor Halloween decorations online in Canada 2021
We list some of the best retailers of outdoor Halloween decorations online in Canada to help you prepare your front yard for some trick-or-treating.
Compare 2-month payday loans
Compare 2-month payday loan options, including rates and total costs.