Payday loan locations near me
You might be able to get same-day funding at a payday loan store near you.
Not everyone has time to wait for a bank account transfer. With nearly every lender offering quick online applications, it can be hard to find a reputable lender working out of physical neighborhood location. Many legit providers offer in-store applications from brick-and-mortar locations, allowing you to complete the loan process in just a few minutes — and possibly walking out with cash in hand on the same day.
⚠️ Warning: be cautious with short-term loans
If you're experiencing financial hardship and would like to speak to someone for free financial counselling, you can call Credit Counselling Canada on 1800 007 007. It's open from 8:00am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. When comparing short-term loans, ensure you take into consideration all fees, charges and interest to understand how much your loan might cost in total.
Alternatives to short-term loans
Consider these alternatives before applying for a payday loan:
- Use online Government resources. The Financial Consumer Agency of Canada website demonstrates how small amount loans work – and suggests alternative options that may help you.
- Payment plans. Talk to your electricity, gas, phone or water provider to see if you can work out a payment plan or receive an extension on your due date if you’re behind on payments.
- Contact your creditors. Speak with creditors about extending the due date of your payment, or working out a new payment plan that works for both of you. Seek personal loans elsewhere. Consider a small personal loan from a bank or a credit union. You may qualify for a loan with much lower interest rates than those offered by payday loan companies.
- Pay with credit card. Consider paying with your credit card to cover your emergency bills or payments. This is not a long term solution, as you’ll need to pay off the balance as soon as possible, but it’s an alternative to a short term loan with high – and immediate – interest rates.
Cash Money Payday Loan
- Minimum loan amount:
- Maximum loan amount: $1,500
- Interest Rate: Varies by Province
- Fees: Up to $17 per $100 borrowed (rounded to nearest dollar)
- Loan term: 12-14 days. Varies by Province
- Turnaround time: Within 2 hours with INTERAC e-Transfer® if approved
- Key requirements: Be 18+ years old, provide proof of recurring income
Where to get a payday loan near me
When you’re looking for a payday loan, start by searching online for stores near your home or work address. Results can give you an idea of your available options, helping you to weed out lenders that only operate online. Many in-store lenders maintain websites that highlight the potential loan terms and fees they offer before you visit a store. If you find one that looks like it fits your needs, simply go to that lender’s store to complete an application.
3 steps to finding the nearest payday loan location
- Search online for lenders in your area that have physical store locations.
- Narrow down your options by comparing the potential loan’s amount, store hours and repayment dates.
- Visit the store to complete your application or start the application online to pick up cash at the store.
Popular lenders with store locations
The 5 lenders below are top providers that operate online as well as out of physical locations. You can contact the lender directly to find out the exact loan amounts available to you.
|Provider||States with store locations|
|Cash Money||British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba (in-store loans only), Ontario, New Brunswick (in-store loans only), Nova Scotia||Go to site|
|Lend Direct||British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario||Read review|
|Cash 4 You||Ontario|
|Pay 2 Day||British Columbia, Ontario|
|Money Direct||Ontario, Nova Scotia|
What can I expect with an in-store payday loan?
After you’ve found a lender you want to work with, visit that lender’s store to begin applying for your loan. You’ll typically need to provide government-issued ID and, in many cases, a postdated cheque that your lender will cash when your loan is due. Some lenders also require proof of income and proof of residence to approve your application.
If approved, your lender might offer an option to fund your loan instantly. This means you could walk out with cash or a cheque to use toward whatever you need.
Ask a store employee to walk you through any questions you have about the application process, loan funding or repayment so that you fully understand any contract you sign.
Should I get an online loan instead?
It may be better to borrow online if you:
- Don’t have access to a car. An online payday loan can be useful if you don’t have access to transportation and the nearest store location isn’t within walking distance. With an online lender, the full process — from applying to receiving your funds to repaying your loan — takes place online.
- Don’t need immediate funds. Payday loans are designed to cover an emergency. But if you can wait a day or two for processing with an online lender, you might save yourself a trip.
- Already understand the loan process. If this isn’t your first payday loan, you might not need immediate answers about the process. In this case, you can save the hassle by completing an application through an online provider.
Compare online payday loans from top providers
Check the websites of any lenders you’re interested in to confirm they operate in your province or territory of residence.
Although online loans come with many perks, you might just prefer to go to an in-store lender in your neighborhood to borrow emergency funds and walk away with cash in-hand.
Visiting a payday loan store can help you access the funds you need quickly. Check out our comprehensive guide to payday loans to weigh the benefits and drawbacks of any short-term lender before you borrow.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.