Express your sincerity with a bouquet.
When an apology is in order, giving a gift of flowers can be a kind, sincere gesture that shows the other person you’ve put some thought and effort into making things right.
Best flowers for an apology
Why should I buy flowers as an apology?
Flowers have been time-tested as a way to effectively convey a message or feeling that may be difficult to fully express with words. When you’ve hurt someone, giving them flowers can help tell them how much they truly mean to you. Flowers also tend to be uplifting and cheery, especially if you choose flowers they love.
How do I choose flowers for an apology?
There are a few things to consider when choosing the right apology flowers – most importantly the types of flowers and their colours.
The most common apology flowers are roses, carnations, hyacinths, orchids and tulips.
- Roses are well-known as a symbol of love. If you’ve hurt someone and made them upset, roses are perfect to let them know that they are loved and appreciated.
- Carnations symbolize remembrance, so this flower is perfect for apologizing if you forgot a special occasion or an important date.
- Hyacinths are said to resemble peace and truth, so if you want to ask for forgiveness after a fight or you have said something wrong, hyacinths will do the trick.
- Orchids are very resilient and they last longer than some other types of flowers. When you give someone orchids, it lets them know that your regret also endures. Orchids, especially white ones, also symbolize sincerity.
- Tulips symbolize new beginnings, peace and forgiveness.
Flower colors also bear important meanings. You don’t have to use the exact flowers listed above. Just knowing the different flower colors and what they symbolize can be helpful.
- Red symbolizes love, confidence and action.
- Pink also conveys love and is a symbol of beauty.
- Blue represents truth and peace.
- Indigo means deep contemplation.
- White is a symbol of sincerity, purity and cleanliness.
You can find these flowers online beautifully arranged in a bouquet using a single or a combination of two or three varieties. Whatever you choose, the most important thing is to choose from the heart for the recipient to feel the sincerity of your apology.
Flowers can put a smile on a loved one’s face after you’ve hurt or wronged them in some way. Of course, pair your flower gift with sincere words for the most effective and heartfelt apology.
Frequently asked questions
Photo by Marisa Morton on Unsplash
More guides on Finder
Where to buy Levi’s jeans online in 2020
Pick up your next pair of Levi’s from one of these top online retailers that deliver within Canada.
How to start a home daycare
From registration and business structures to insurance and marketing – we’ll show you how to get your home daycare business up and running.
500+ online stores that DEFINITELY accept American Express
A list of online shops that welcome American Express cards, as well as details on how to get an AMEX card of your very own.
Where to buy Halloween costumes online 2020
Halloween is a time for all types of scary creatures as well as some rather cute ones. Get ready with costumes from these stores.
10 famous houses you can rent on Airbnb
Rent homes featured on classic TV shows and movies, from Twilight to Breaking Bad.
18th birthday gift ideas for him and her
If you’re not sure what to buy, check out our list of the best 18th birthday gift ideas in this helpful guide.
Christmas gifts for teenagers
Teenagers can be tricky to shop for. Make your life a little easier by getting them something from our guide.
Best infrared thermometers
Find out how to chose the best non-contact infrared thermometer for your home or business.
Where to buy Tommy Hilfiger fashion online in Canada
If you love Tommy Hilfiger, you can purchase at these stores without it breaking the bank. Save with our discount codes.
8 sites like Sephora in 2020
If you’re looking for some alternative sites to Sephora, browse through our compilations of top beauty sites like Sephora.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.