Onlia Home Insurance review
Canadians seeking a convenient and simple insurance solution may wish to consider Onlia home insurance services. This insurance provider offers plenty of opportunities to save and extra perks on top of the basic coverage.
What is Onlia Home Insurance?
Onlia is a solution for homeowners who want a quick application process and a hassle-free quoting experience. The insurance provider also boasts extra add-ons to its home insurance policy, including liability, living expenses, identity theft and much more. All of Onlia’s insurance services are online, and they are available in Ontario.
What coverage is available with Onlia home insurance?
If you insure your home with Onlia, you’ll receive the following coverage:
- Entire property. Your home is more than the physical property. It is also your pool, garage, fence and so on. Onlia’s insurance covers detached structures in addition to your home.
- Personal property. Onlia’s home insurance includes coverage for damaged or stolen personal property.
- Living expenses. If you cannot live in your home because of an insured event, Onlia covers your accommodations for you and your family.
- Liability. In the event that you’re sued because of an injury to someone else or damage to their property, Onlia provides legal insurance.
- Replacement. Damaged or destroyed homes are guaranteed to be replaced. This is true even if the cost exceeds the estimated value.
- Flood and sewer backup. Qualifying homes receive comprehensive overland water insurance. This insurance covers flooding, torrential downpours and backed-up sewers.
- Home Sharing. If you rent out your property, you may want commercial insurance coverage. Onlia provides the coverage you need to share your space.
- Identity theft. Onlia helps you and your family with the recovery process after being a victim of identity theft.
- Inflation protection. Limits of your insurance are increased to match the rate of inflation.
What other types of insurance coverage does Onlia offer?
Onlia offers the following insurance coverage in addition to home insurance:
- Car insurance
- Condo insurance
- Tenant insurance
Onlia insurance bundles and savings
When you bundle home and car insurance, you’ll save 20% on home and 10% on car insurance. By bundling home and car insurance, you will receive a free Home Safety Checkup as well. The service is provided by home management experts from Setter, and the checkup is 100% virtual. During your appointment, the home expert will help you identify and mitigate risks in your home.
Customers can also save money based on aspects of their home and finances. If you have a monitored alarm system, you will save 15%. You can save 20% if you don’t have a mortgage against your home. Finally, depending on what your credit score is, you can save up to 50%.
What exclusions do I need to know about?
Owning a home is a significant investment that requires continuous work. Some insurance companies do not cover damage to your home if it is not properly maintained. For example, if a leak in your roof occurs as a result of improper maintenance and causes significant damage, insurance may not cover it.
In addition, if you cause damage to your home intentionally or unintentionally, you may not receive compensation. As an example, if you flush floss, wipes or other items that shouldn’t go down a toilet pipe, subsequent damage may not be insured.
It’s unclear what extent of perils are included in Onlia’s homeowner’s insurance policy. This is something to be mindful of during the application process.
Advantages of Onlia Home Insurance
- Quick application process. Obtaining coverage for your home only takes a few minutes.
- Dynamic quotes. As you add and remove coverage, you can see the change in your quoted price in real time.
- Opportunities to save. There are plenty of opportunities to save on your premiums.
Disadvantages of Onlia Home Insurance
- Computer-based. Onlia is an insurance provider that operates 100% online. You will need to be comfortable with communicating online and filling out an online application on your own.
- Limited support. For example, if you encounter an issue while filling out the application form and the digital assistant is not able to help, you will have to send an email to their support team and wait for a response.
- Responsibility on the customer. Getting adequate home insurance is important because you want to protect your investment and valuables. With Onlia, the responsibility of obtaining sufficient coverage is on the customer.
Compare other free home insurance quotes online
Onlia home insurance is a good choice for homeowners who want competitive pricing and a straightforward online application. If you would like more guidance and faster communication from your insurance provider, Onlia may not be the right choice for you.