This article contains links to products or services from one or more of our advertisers or partners. We may receive a commission when you click or make a purchase using our site. Learn more about how we make money.
Novus Internet review
Sign up for high-speed Internet in Metro Vancouver with this innovative telecom company.
Are you based in Vancouver and looking to switch Internet providers? Novus offers a variety of Internet plans at affordable prices to residents of eligible condo and apartment buildings. Plans range from 30Mbps to 1Gbps, depending on how fast you want your Internet to be.
Prices for these plans start at $35per month and go up to $70 per month, though you can sign on to a 1-year contract or bundle your services to save money. Learn how you might be able to benefit from a Novus Internet plan and sign up today to get started.
- Speed. Ranges from 30Mbps to 1Gbps.
- Starting price. Promotional prices start from $35 per month while regular prices start from $55 per month.
- Minimum contract. You can pay on a month-to-month plan or sign up for a yearly subscription.
- Offers. You can bundle your services or sign up for a one-year subscription to save money on your monthly payments.
What is Novus?
Novus is a burgeoning telecom company that operates exclusively in Metro Vancouver. It runs its own fibre optic network and services select apartment buildings and condos in the city. You can find out if your building qualifies by inputting your address into the Novus website.
You can take advantage of a wide range of medium-to-high-speed Internet plans if you qualify. You may also be eligible for free installation and a free one-year wireless router rental when you sign up to certain plans.
What plans does Novus offer?
Novus offers a number of plans to select condo and apartment buildings in Metro Vancouver. The service doesn’t seem to be available to single-family dwellings.
Promo price (no contract)
Promo price (with contract)
|Internet 35 Unlimited|
Quick speed for sharing, streaming and working from multiple devices.
Internet 100 Unlimited
High speed for a large household with several users and devices.
Internet 300 Unlimited
Very fast speed great for downloading, HD streaming and online gaming.
Internet 600 Unlimited
One of the fastest download and upload speeds for streaming, gaming, sharing files and more.
Instant downloads, high-intensity gaming and uninterrupted streaming for multiple users.
Does Novus allow bundling?
Novus will let you bundle several of its Internet plans with your home phone or TV. You can choose a pre-built package or you may be able to custom-build a package if you have specific services in mind. If you want to save money but don’t want to bundle your services, you can also choose to sign up for a one-year contract to bring your costs down.
What other features should I know about?
You can take advantage of many different features when you sign up with Novus.
- Free installation. You won’t have to pay fees for your installation and your modem rental will be free for your first year with some plans.
- Bundling services. You can save money on a number of services when you bundle your Internet plan with your TV or home phone.
- Unlimited data. You won’t have to pay overage charges or additional fees for going over your data each month since there will be no cap on your plan.
- Symmetrical speeds. You’ll get the same fast speeds whether you’re uploading or downloading.
- No contracts. You can cancel at any time without penalty if you’re signed up for a month-to-month contract.
- Online account. It’s easy to track your bill payments and monitor your Internet use with the Novus app.
What to watch out for
- Only available in Vancouver. You’ll only be able to take advantage of Novus‘s services if you live in the Metro Vancouver area.
- Limited to certain buildings. You may not be able to sign up for Novus Internet if your building is already working with another fibre optic provider.
- Few extras. You won’t have the option to sign up for add-ons like wall-to-wall Wi-Fi coverage or special security packages.
- Taxes aren’t included. You’ll have to pay extra for taxes on top of the base rate for your plan, which can add to your overall costs.
- Low prices are promotional. The prices on offer are promotional so you may be subject to a rate hike at some point.
How do I sign up with Novus?
- Visit Novus‘s website and fill in your postal code to find out if you can get service to your building.
- Order your Novus Internet online or by calling into Novus‘s customer service department.
- Arrange a technician to come out and install the hardware you order, and activate your plan.
- Sign up for an account with Novus to manage your bills.
Novus is an innovative telecom company that provides high-speed Internet to apartment buildings and condos in Metro Vancouver. It offers several plan speeds and prices to match just about every budget. You’ll just need to keep in mind that the prices on Novus‘s website are promotional and may go up over time. You also won’t have access to this service unless your building is linked up to Novus‘s fibre optic network.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Sun Life Go Simplified Term Life Insurance review
Sun Life Go Simplified Term Life Insurance is best for those who don’t mind paying a bit more for basic life insurance with a quick and simple application process.
Sun Life Go Term Life Insurance review
Sun Life Go Term Life Insurance can cover you up to $1,000,000 with guaranteed premiums and offers you coverage for a specific length of time.
CIBC Smart Account review
Users who bank with CIBC gain access to an array of perks with this flexible chequing account.
CIBC Smart for Students Account review
Students who only require a basic chequing account will benefit from the CIBC Smart for Students Account.
Scotiabank Money Master Savings Account Review
Earn interest on your savings and get free Scotiabank transfers when you sign up for this fee-free account.
BMO eclipse Visa Infinite review
Want a credit card that works for you? Earn more rewards for everyday purchases and enjoy a wealth of benefits when you sign up with BMO.
BMO Performance Chequing Account review
Get unlimited transactions and a generous welcome bonus when you sign up for this mid-level chequing account.
American Express Aeroplan Business Reserve Card review
Earn Aeroplan Points when you spend money on your business with this premium credit card.
American Express Aeroplan Reserve Card Review
Earn accelerated Aeroplan Points and enjoy a wide array of travel benefits and airport perks with this premium credit card.
American Express Aeroplan Card Review
Earn Aeroplan Points and enjoy a number of travel perks with this loyalty charge card.