This reputable broker offers some of the lowest interest rates. Get quotes for different mortgage options and pre-qualify for free.
nesto Mortgages review
- Interest Rate (APR)
- Loan Term
- 5 Year Fixed Rate
- Min. credit score
- Provincial availability
- All of Canada
Nesto is a direct mortgage provider. You simply have to fill out an application, compare rates and mortgage options, and get pre-qualified (or get a mortgage right away when you put in an offer on a home) to know how much you have to spend when you start shopping for your new home.
Best for: Those looking for some of the most competitive rates on the market.
Easy online application
Lock in rate for 150 days
No options for bad credit borrowers
Transfer fees charged if you move your existing mortgage to Nesto
How is nesto different from a regular bank?
There are a few factors that make nesto different from a regular bank:
|How it works||Platform to compare various products||Provides mortgages directly|
|Format||Online only||Online and in-person|
|Ease of application||Online with less paperwork||In-person with lots of paperwork|
|Interest rates||Usually lower rates||Usually higher rates|
|Speed of approval||Can take hours to days||Can take weeks to months|
|How advisors are paid||Salaried with no commissions||Salaried with commissions for selling certain products|
What types of nesto Mortgages can I get?
You can apply for a nesto Mortgages in 3 different situations:
- New mortgage. You want to pre-qualify for a brand new mortgage.
- Mortgage renewal. You’d like to renew an existing nesto Mortgages or switch over to nesto once your previous term expires with a different lender.
- Mortgage refinancing. You want to close your current mortgage with a different lender to refinance at lower rates with nesto.
What makes nesto Mortgages unique?
- Unique 3-year term offer. Nesto has launched a special 3-year fixed rate mortgage with a 4.99% rate.
- Easy online application. You can apply with nesto and get pre-approved in a short time frame, all from the comfort of your own home.
- 500+ products. Choose from different mortgage types, amortization, terms and more.
- Optimal rates. nesto offers the absolute minimum rate that lenders will give clients for a loan right off the bat, so you won’t need to start high and negotiate down.
- No commissions. nesto‘s mortgage advisors work on salary so they’re incentivized to help you make the best choice instead of incentivized to sell more products.
- Prices are locked in. Your rates for pre-approval will be guaranteed for up to 150 days from the date that you apply (the longest lock-in offered in Canada).
- Canada-wide. nesto is licensed to operate in every Canadian province and all of its brokers are licensed professionals.
What to watch out for
- No options for bad credit. You’ll need a minimum credit score of 680 to qualify and you can’t apply if you’ve had a bankruptcy or consumer proposal.
- Transfer fees not covered. nesto won’t pay your transfer fees if you break your current mortgage to transfer over to nesto to get better rates.
- Commercial financing unavailable. nesto can’t help finance commercial mortgages so you’ll need to turn elsewhere to buy a business property.
How can I qualify for a nesto Mortgage?
nesto mortgage eligibility requirements
To apply for a nesto Mortgages, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years old (and 19 in some provinces)
- Be a citizen or resident of Canada
- Show proof of steady employment and sufficient income
- Have a minimum credit score of at least 680, with no recent missed payments on your credit report
- Be free from bankruptcy, consumer proposal or other forms of unmanageable debt
Required documents and information
- Government-issued ID. Show a government-issued ID like your driver’s licence or passport to prove your identity.
- Proof of income. Submit proof that you have a steady job and income. This can include pay stubs, bank records and letters of employment.
- Credit report. Allow nesto to pull your credit report so that it can assess your creditworthiness.
- Other financial information. Provide a list of your debts and assets, along with proof that you can cover your down payment and closing costs.
How to apply for a nesto Mortgage
Follow these steps to apply for a nesto Mortgages:
- Click the ‘Go to site’ button above or on this secure link to be securely redirected to nesto’s website.
- Input information on the type of home you want to buy – including the price, your deposit and how you want to use it (to live in or rent out).
- Provide your full name, email address and phone number.
- Submit your information and receive a list of quotes that fit your profile.
- Fill out a more detailed application for pre-approval with information such as your income, employment status and credit score.
- Get verified and work with nesto to negotiate the terms of your mortgage if you meet the eligibility requirements.