National Bank CAA Rewards Mastercard
Earn cash back in CAA dollars and get basic travel insurance with this fee-free card.
Earn 1% in CAA dollars for every purchase you make on your card, and 2% for CAA-affiliated purchases.
No longer offered in the market
National Bank CAA Rewards Mastercard is no longer available for new applications. However, we’ve kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
You can compare more National Bank cards here.
Earn 1% in CAA dollars for every purchase you make on your card, and 2% for CAA-affiliated purchases. You’ll Lock in travel accident insurance and coverage for lost or delayed luggage.
- Think about this card if you’re a CAA member and you don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- Choose something else if you’d rather collect points or you want comprehensive benefits.
- There are no minimum annual income requirements to qualify, but this card is only available to CAA members in certain provinces.
If you’re a CAA member and you want to earn cash back in loyalty dollars for every purchase you make, then you should check out the National Bank CAA Rewards Mastercard.
- No annual fee. Save money upfront with no annual fee.
- Cash back return. Earn 1% in CAA dollars for every purchase you make on your card, and 2% for CAA-affiliated purchases.
- Extended warranty. Get an extra year on your manufacturer’s warranty for eligible purchases you make on your card.
- Purchase protection. Protect your purchases against theft and damage for up to 90 days after you buy them.
- Basic travel insurance. Lock in travel accident insurance and coverage for lost or delayed luggage.
- Low balance transfer rate. Enjoy a 0.9% interest rate on balance transfers and cash advances in your first 9 billing cycles.
- Zero-liability coverage. Cover yourself against any losses related to fraudulent charges on your account with zero-liability insurance.
- Instant pay. Tap to pay on the go with Mastercard contactless payment.
- Added security. Take advantage of online payment security measures like identity verification through Mastercard ID check.
- Extra cards for free. Grab as many extra cards as you need for no added fee.
- No income requirements. There are no minimum annual income requirements to qualify for this card.
What to watch out for
- Low return. You’ll only get 1% cash back return on most purchases (which is about $10 for every $1,000 you spend).
- High interest. You’ll pay 20.99% interest on outstanding balances and 22.49% for cash advances.
- Cash back in CAA dollars. You’ll need to collect your cash back through a CAA location, and it can only be used for CAA products.
- Few benefits. There are no added benefits that come with this card, such as mobile device protection or roadside assistance.
- Only available in some provinces. You won’t be able to qualify for this card in provinces that don’t have an operational CAA office (such as BC).
- Must be a CAA member. You won’t be able to collect your cash back unless you’re an active CAA member.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for a National Bank CAA Rewards Mastercard, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident with the age of majority of the province.
Required documents and information
- Your name, residential status and contact information
- Your social insurance number and date of birth
- Your email address and phone number
How to apply
- Head to the National Bank website to begin your application.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
Compare other credit cards
The National Bank CAA Rewards Mastercard is a customer loyalty card designed for CAA members. Earn 1 CAA Dollar for every $100 of eligible purchases. Get 1% cash back on spend, and 2% cash back when buying through CAA participating merchants. You’ll also get basic travel insurance, purchase protection and extended warranty coverage when you sign up.