Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
What is MyWallSt and is it available in Canada?
MyWallSt is a great investment research app for beginners living in the US. But is it available in Canada?
What is MyWallSt?
MyWallSt is a popular US investment research app with more than 2 million downloads as of 2019. The app provides easy-to-read information on stock performance and investment concepts, making it perfect for beginner investors who want to direct their investments but need a helping hand. The MyWallSt company was originally named Rubicoin back in 2013 but was rebranded to MyWallSt in early 2019.
MyWallSt is not a brokerage, so users can’t buy and sell investments through the platform. However, users can connect their trading accounts with other brokerages to MyWallSt. The app comes with a free trial, after which a monthly or yearly subscription fee is charged.
Who is MyWallSt best for?
- New investors. Specifically created for new investors, MyWallSt provides recommendations and investment advice.
- Investors with individual stocks. If your money is in mutual funds or other investments and you want to start making your own investment choices, MyWallSt could help you get started.
What are the benefits of MyWallSt?
MyWallSt offers investment knowledge and education, including:
- Companion app. Learn by MyWallSt is free and offers 40 beginner lessons in investing.
- Knowledge backed by success. The company claims to have an annual return of 44% over the last 5 years and 24% over the last 11 years.
- Competitive pricing. MyWallSt is available for USD$29.99 per 3 months or USD$79.99 a year, which is substantially less than paying an investment adviser for similar recommendations. (Note these amounts are current as of January, 2021.)
What should users watch out for?
The MyWallSt app has its strong points, but it also includes the following drawbacks:
- Short free trial. MyWallSt’s one week trial is shorter than other investment advice platforms.
- Limited information. Those who are already familiar with the stock market may find that the information available isn’t as comprehensive. There’s a lack of information on stocks and other investments like mutual funds and exchange-traded funds.
How to get started
The signup process is pretty straightforward:
- Go to the app store and search for MyWallSt.
- Click Install.
- Click Get Started.
- Create an account.
- Review and accept the Terms & Conditions.
- Select the Watchlist tab.
- Click Subscribe to Start Free Trial.
- Review the free trial terms and click Subscribe & Start Free Trial.
Anyone in the US is eligible to download and use the app. Unfortunately, this means that Canadian users cannot signup unless they’re living in the US.
Users don’t need to There’s no required information to download MyWallSt. For the subscription process, MyWallSt uses the information connected to users’ app store account, such as their email addresses and US credit card information. The app will automatically link this, giving users an option to review and change their credit card information during the free trial.
MyWallSt reviews and complaints
MyWallSt is not accredited or rated by the Better Business Bureau. It has a 4.4 star average from 729 reviews in the Google Play Store, as of January 2021. There’s mainly positive reviews online, but there are some negative reviews centered around the app’s limited information and fees for using a brokerage account.
What to do after signing up with MyWallSt
Once users have downloaded the app and started their free trial, they can begin to familiarize themselves with the service in the following ways:
- Download the companion app. Learn by MyWallSt is a separate educational app that provides access to 40 investment lessons.
- Listen to the Stock Club Podcast. Listen to the company’s experts for extra investing insights and the latest investing trends.
- Check out the blog. The Stock Market 101 and Your Investing Life blogs are a great source of extra information and advice from MyWallSt.
- Connect a brokerage account. Users can connect their brokerage accounts to the MyWallSt app to make investments based on its recommendations.
Ready to start trading? Compare online trading platforms in Canada
MyWallSt offers investment information for new investors looking to make informed decisions and become more familiar with the stock market. However, the app may be lacking depth for some users.
Frequently asked questions
Other helpful investing guides
Put your money where your mouth is by rethinking how you invest to support BIPOC, LGBTQ+ and other marginalized communities.Read more…
How to invest for retirement: 8 ways to safeguard your portfolio.Read more…
Here are the top 5 ways you should invest $1 million.Read more…
Tips for beginning investors and high net-worth individuals alike.Read more…
Get actionable tips on how to prepare for your ideal retirement.Read more…
From air taxis to smart glasses, here’s how to back some of the hottest CES tech.Read more…
More guides on Finder
CI Direct Trading review
Get low fees and access many different types of accounts, platforms and investments with this reputable online broker.
Stock trading tax guide in Canada
We break down how the CRA treats stock gains and losses, how foreign stocks are taxed, which trading expenses are tax-deductible and more.
Let your child explore the world of finance in a safe setting with the innovative WALO app.
My Crypto Heroes guide
My Crypto Heroes is a popular role-playing game that offers players an opportunity to earn as they play.
Brave Frontier Heroes guide
Everything you need to know about the game where a colossus of mobile meets a blockbuster crypto gaming experience.
National Bank Direct Brokerage Review
Trade commission-free with this large Canadian bank. Plus, it’s good for beginners and pros alike.
Socios.com review and guide
Socios.com is a sporting app that uses blockchain technology to bring fans closer to their favourite football clubs
Best stock trading apps in Canada
Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, use this guide to compare the best stock trading app options in Canada and choose the one that’s best for you.
Best stock trading apps and platforms in Canada
The best trading apps come with low fees and are easy to use.
Amazon Prime Video Channels Canada: How they work and what you can watch
Amazon Channels offers an easy way to access all your favorite content in one app.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.