Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Harley-Davidson motorcycle insurance rates
Compare premiums for your Street Rod, Fat Boy or touring CVO.
How much is insurance for a Harley-Davidson?
Insurance rates for your Harley depends on various factors like the exact model you choose, how frequently you drive it, your driving record and where you live. The average insurance cost of a basic Harley can be around $195 a month, or $2,340 a year. But with the high cost of some Harleys, you could pay more.
Top Harley-Davidson models
Compare free insurance quotes online for your Harley
How to compare insurance for Harleys
Insurance providers take many factors into consideration when pricing motorcycle insurance, including:
- Theft rates. Harley Davidsons are in the top five for most stolen bikes, so this could affect your rates.
- MSRP. You can pay anywhere from $9,499 to $44,099 for a new Harley. The more you pay, the higher your rate will be.
- Deductible. Raising your deductible will help to lower your monthly insurance payment. But make sure you can still afford that higher deductible if you need to file a claim.
- Coverage options. Make sure you’re not paying for any unnecessary coverage.
- Discounts. Look out for discounts you can take advantage of like multi-cycle and safe rider.
- Warranty. Harley provides a 24-month unlimited km warranty for its bikes. But it doesn’t include towing, so consider roadside assistance when purchasing your motorcycle insurance.
- Engine size. Bikes with larger engines can push up the cost of insurance.
- Storage. Storing your Harley in a safe and secure location can get you a discount.
- Lay-up insurance. Keep your Harley covered against theft or damage while its garaged for the winter.
When looking to insure your Harley, you’ve got plenty of choices. Comparing your options while searching for insurance is the best way to find a great price.
More guides on Finder
How to lower car insurance costs
You don’t need to pay more for car insurance than necessary. Find out the 9 easiest ways to pay less and save on your monthly car insurance bill.
Canada Drives car loan review
Canada Drives simplifies the process of buying a car, showing you how much you can borrow along with a list of vehicles you’ve already qualified for based on your approved financing.
Onlia car insurance review
Onlia auto insurance is a favourable solution for individuals that want quick, easy-to-understand coverage.
Capital One car rental insurance
All Capital One Mastercard credit cards in Canada offer car rental insurance. Find out how this feature works and compare cards offering it here.
How your driving record affects car insurance rates
Find out what shows up on your driving record, how insurers use your record and tips to improve it.
Coast Capital Car Loan review
Get competitive interest rates and top-notch customer service with this reputable car loan provider.
Pacific Car Loans review
Find out how to qualify for bad credit loans with this BC-based lender and learn whether it’s a good fit for your unique set of needs and budget.
Car Insurance Statistics
The economic shutdowns saw more cars in driveways than on the roads. Finder looked at Canada’s top insurance platforms to see how interest has changed over time.
Car loan insurance
Worried about defaulting on your new vehicle? Get car loan insurance to make sure you’re protected if you can’t make your payments.
How to avoid car loan debt
Find out how you can purchase a new vehicle without taking on more car loan debt than you can afford.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.