ManulifeMONEY+ Visa Platinum card review
Get a generous welcome bonus and a decent return on cashback with this fee-free credit card.
Lock in a 1.99% interest rate for the first 6 months on any outstanding balance you transfer from another credit card.
1.99% intro APR for the first , 19.99% thereafter
Purchase Interest Rate
ManulifeMONEY+ Visa Platinum card offers a decent return on cash back with no annual fee. You’ll Earn 2% cash back when you spend money on groceries along with 0.5% on everything else. Plus, get a 1.99% balance transfer rate in your first 6 months.
- Think about this card if you want to earn a generous welcome offer and you don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- Choose something else if you want to earn low interest or a higher return on cash back.
- There are no minimum income requirements needed to qualify for this card.
If you want to earn comprehensive travel benefits along with a decent return on cash back, then you might like to check out the ManulifeMONEY+ Visa Platinum card.
- No annual fee. There’s no annual fee to maintain this card.
- Decent return. Earn 2% cash back when you spend money on groceries along with 0.5% on everything else.
- Low balance transfer rate. Lock in a 1.99% interest rate for the first 6 months on any outstanding balance you transfer from another credit card.
- Travel accident insurance. Avoid paying for third-party insurance with travel accident coverage on your card.
- Manulife One monthly fee waived. Get your Manulife One monthly fee waived for the first year that you’re an active cardholder.
- Optional balance protection. Pay an extra fee to cover your minimum payments in the event you can’t pay your outstanding balance due to an emergency.
- Purchase protection. Relax knowing the items you buy with your card are protected with purchase assurance and extended warranty coverage.
- Zero Liability insurance. Avoid paying for fraudulent activity on your account with Zero Liability insurance.
- Easy payments. Register for Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay to make contactless payments on your card.
What to watch out for
- High interest. You’ll pay 19.99% interest on purchases and 21.99% on cash advances and balance transfers.
- Earning caps. You’ll only be able to earn the 5% introductory cash back bonus rate on grocery purchases up to $2,000
- No rewards. You won’t be able to earn points to exchange for travel, merchandise or other rewards.
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Head to the Manulife website to begin your application.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
Compare other credit cards
If you’re a Manulife customer looking for a fee-free card that offers a decent return on cash back and benefits, then you might like to check out the ManulifeMONEY+ Visa Platinum card. This card comes with a generous welcome bonus and comprehensive benefits for no annual fee.