Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Sun Life Financial life insurance
Learn about the range of Sun Life insurance policies and how they compare with those from other Canadian insurers.
Sun Life Financial is one of Canada’s largest insurance companies. It offers a comprehensive suite of policies, including life, critical illness, disability and business insurance. Sun Life was founded over 150 years ago in Montreal and now operates in North America, Europe and Asia. It is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario.
What insurance coverage options does Sun Life Financial offer?
Sun Life offers a wide range of individual and group insurance products. Group insurance refers to products or policies you may have through your employer. We will focus on the individual insurance products Sun Life offers. Below are the main categories of Sun Life Financial products.
- Quotes online. You can get basic quotes for some types of Sun Life Financial products like term life insurance online, although in many cases you may have to contact an adviser to get more detailed information and finalize the purchase.
- Coverage across Canada. No matter where you live in Canada, Sun Life Financial products are available for purchase. That said, you may not always have access to an adviser nearby.
- High credit ratings. Sun Life is rated AA (very strong) by Standard & Poor’s and Aa3 by Moody’s, two well-known credit rating agencies that measure companies by how prepared they are to meet financial liabilities.
- Tools and resources. The Sun Life website has a well-stocked section of articles and tutorials that explain the insurance industry and explore other personal finance topics. There are also numerous online tools such as insurance calculators to help determine how much coverage you may need.
- No homeowner insurance: Sun Life does not offer homeowners insurance products.
- Can’t file all claims online: If you bought your insurance through an adviser, which in many cases you need to do, you can’t necessarily file your claims online. You need to contact your adviser and initiate the process through him or her.
- Top-rated workplace in Canada 2019 – Indeed
- Global 100 most sustainable corporations 2019 – Corporate Knights, a Toronto-based media and investment research firm
- Most trusted life insurance brand in Canada 2019 – Reader’s Digest Survey
- Ranks #1 in digital sales functionality for life insurance brands in Canada 2016 – Forrester
Compare Sun Life Financial life insurance
Benefits and drawbacks of Sun Life insurance
Sun Life Awards
Frequently asked questions about Sun Life insurance
More guides on Finder
Sun Life Go Guaranteed Life Insurance review
Sun Life Go Guaranteed Life Insurance is a permanent life insurance option that guarantees your premiums until you’re 95 years old. Apply online in minutes.
Sun Life Go Simplified Term Life Insurance review
Sun Life Go Simplified Term Life Insurance is best for those who don’t mind paying a bit more for basic life insurance with a quick and simple application process.
Sun Life Go Term Life Insurance review
Sun Life Go Term Life Insurance can cover you up to $1,000,000 with guaranteed premiums and offers you coverage for a specific length of time.
BMO eclipse Visa Infinite review
Want a credit card that works for you? Earn more rewards for everyday purchases and enjoy a wealth of benefits when you sign up with BMO.
American Express Aeroplan Business Reserve Card review
Earn Aeroplan Points when you spend money on your business with this premium credit card.
American Express Aeroplan Card Review
Earn Aeroplan Points and enjoy a number of travel perks with this loyalty charge card.
TD Every Day Chequing Account Review
Enjoy 25 free transactions and a handful of other banking perks for a reasonable monthly fee with this mid-level chequing account.
RBC Signature No Limit Banking Account Review
Get a number of perks and executive banking services with this everyday account for a reasonable monthly fee.
CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite Privilege Card review
Get a generous welcome bonus and earn points to put towards flights and more with this high-end travel card.
RSA car insurance review
Take advantage of a number of perks when you sign up for car insurance with this well-known provider.