Bounc3 Life Insurance review
- Get a quote if...
You’re self-employed and you want to get quotes from multiple providers for life, disability or critical illness insurance.
- Choose a different broker if...
You have access to an employer-sponsored insurance policy or you want permanent life insurance.
Easy online quotes
Different forms of coverage
Optional health spending account
No costing information online
Higher rates for seniors
How does Bounc3 Life Insurance work?Bounc3 Life Insurance operates an online brokerage platform that uses your personal information to compare life insurance policies. You’ll get a fast quote from several insurance providers and you can choose the best one for your unique set of needs, lifestyle and budget.
All you need to do to get started is fill out a quick application. You’ll then get a curated list of providers straight to your inbox. From there, you can pick the policy that has all of the features you want at a price you can afford.
What types of Bounc3 Life Insurance can I get?Bounc3 Life Insurance lets you compare 4 basic types of insurance coverage for self-employed Canadians:
- Term life insurance. Term insurance provides life insurance coverage for a fixed amount of years or up to a certain age.
- Critical illness. This option gives you a lump-sum cash payment if you’re diagnosed with a critical illness that’s covered by your policy.
- Disability insurance. Disability insurance replaces part of your regular income if you experience a disability and are unable to perform work and earn money as a result.
- Health spending account. You can use a health spending account to save money on taxes and provide health benefits to your employees if you own a company.
How much does Bounc3 Life Insurance cost?
There are no prices listed on Bounce3’s website to show how much insurance costs. That said, the price you pay will usually depend on the following factors:
- Type of insurance. You’ll pay more for life insurance than you do for critical illness or disability insurance in most cases.
- Your age. You’ll usually pay more for life insurance if you’re 60 years old or older since you have a higher chance of running into health issues at this age.
- Health history. You may pay much higher premiums or be denied certain forms of coverage if you have pre-existing conditions or a family history of illness.
- Weight. You could end up paying more if you’re overweight since this can put you at risk of developing more serious health conditions.
- Substance use. Your premiums will usually increase if you smoke, drink or use other substances on a regular basis.
- Occupation and hobbies. You may pay more if you work in a dangerous job or you take part in high-risk activities such as rock climbing or skydiving.
What exclusions do I need to know about?
There may be certain exclusions that can void some of the life insurance policies on offer from Bounc3. For example, you usually won’t be covered for life insurance if you die by suicide or when committing a crime (such as drinking and driving).
Some plans will also exclude you from benefits if you fail to report information on your application, such as if you engage in high-risk sports or have a pre-existing health condition that could affect your coverage.
How to apply for Bounc3 Life Insurance
It’s easy to apply for Bounc3 Life Insurance by following the steps below:
- Visit the Bounc3 Life Insurance website to look into the various plans on offer.
- Find the plan you want to register for and click the yellow “Fast quote” icon in the top right corner of the page.
- Specify what type of insurance you want and input personal information such as your name, email address and date of birth.
- Indicate your desired coverage amount and click “get a quote”.
- Review your quote and decide if it aligns with your budget and life insurance needs.
- Provide your billing information to start your contract, or speak to a Bounc3 Life Insurance expert over the phone to ask questions about your coverage.
Benefits and drawbacks of Bounc3 Life Insurance
- Big savings. You could save money on life insurance by comparing products using an online broker such as Bounc3 Life Insurance.
- Easy online quotes. You can easily apply for quotes from multiple providers and get them delivered straight to your inbox.
- Different forms of coverage. You can sign up for many different types of insurance, including term life insurance, critical illness and disability insurance.
- Optional health spending account. You may be able to sign up for a health spending account to get tax benefits and offer health insurance to your employees.
- Limited providers. Bounc3 Life Insurance only offers quotes from the providers it works with, which means you could miss out on a better deal elsewhere.
- No costing information online. As outlined above in this Bounc3 review, you need to apply for a quote to get pricing and there’s no indication of the prices you might pay on Bounc3’s website.
- Some exclusions. You could be excluded from coverage in certain circumstances, which will be outlined in your policy document.
- Higher rates for seniors. You’ll typically pay more for life insurance once you’re over the age of 60.