BMO life insurance
BMO is one of the largest financial institutions in Canada, and it offers a wide range of financial services including life insurance plans.
The Bank of Montreal is one of Canada’s most established banks and financial institutions. It offers flexible life insurance options at competitive rates and benefits from having a network of dedicated customer service professionals across Canada that are equipped to give you the correct information about BMO’s insurance options.
What is BMO life insurance?
BMO life insurance gives Canadians another credible option to purchase life insurance. BMO life insurance provides flexible coverage options and competitive rates. The following are the two most common life insurance packages that BMO offers:
- Term life insurance. This is a flexible option where you choose the amount and length of coverage. It’s designed to help cover those financial obligations that are due over the next several years (i.e. mortgage, tuition and everyday expenses).
- Permanent life insurance. This is lifelong coverage with either guaranteed acceptance or a simple health declaration. It’s a good option for those who want peace of mind that they’ll always be covered.
What other insurance coverage options does BMO offer?
On top of life insurance, BMO also offers a few other insurance coverage plans.
- Accident & Critical Illness insurance. This plan provides your dependants with some financial assistance in the event of your death due to an accident.
- Travel insurance. Get a single trip or an annual insurance plan depending on the frequency and type of your travels.
BMO insurance bundles
BMO offers insurance bundles for those looking to take advantage of multiple insurance plans while also saving money at the same time. Right now, BMO offers bundle packages on life and critical illness insurance.
What exclusions do I need to know about?
Like most life insurance plans, there are a number of conditions and exclusions associated with these policies. BMO’s life insurance is no different and the following are some of the more notable exclusions:
- Attempted suicide
- Self-inflicted injuries
- Use of drugs or the operation of a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol
- Attempt to commit a criminal offense
- Providing false, incorrect or incomplete information during the application process
Benefits of BMO life insurance
- Flexible options. Within BMO’s term life insurance and permanent life insurance packages, there are a number of different options that offer you flexibility and the coverage you want.
- Flexible prices. Because BMO has a few different options under their term life and permanent life insurance packages, it offers insurance plans at prices you’re comfortable paying.
- Continuity. If you already bank with BMO and if you are considering purchasing life insurance, it might make sense to purchase it from them as well to achieve continuity among your financial portfolio.
Drawbacks of BMO life insurance
- Poor customer feedback. There have been countless complaints made against BMO that may or may not be truly reflective of its insurance offerings.
What do customers say about BMO life insurance?
The Bank of Montreal does not have a very good reputation on the Better Business Bureau website. BMO currently has an F rating on the BBB website and has had numerous complaints made against them by customers. However, we must note that the complaints made against BMO are against BMO and not necessarily against the offerings and service they received from purchasing BMO life insurance.
How to contact BMO life insurance?
Depending on your inquiry, there are a number of ways you can contact BMO life insurance.
- For any general BMO insurance inquiries, you can call their toll-free number at 1-855-745-7331.
- For any general BMO insurance inquiries, you can also send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For inquiries about BMO insurance products purchased through an independent insurance adviser, you can call their toll-free number at 1-800-387-4483 or you can send them an email at email@example.com.
BMO life insurance mobile app
BMO does not have a mobile app for its insurance offerings. However, customers can log in online to their secure web portal, SmartApp, where they can view and manage everything related to their insurance plan.
BMO life insurance is a good option to get that peace of mind knowing that you and your loved ones will be financially protected in the event that something fatal happens to you. It can make even more sense to purchase BMO life insurance if you also do your banking with BMO.
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
Will my life insurance cover the coronavirus? Find out how the coronavirus pandemic affects your life insurance policy. If you don't currently have a life insurance policy, you may have to wait to apply.
Group accident insurance Group accident insurance is a great add-on for any employer-provided benefits plan. Find out what it is and if it's the right option for your business.
How to get cheap life insurance in 2020 Our guide to finding an affordable policy without skimping on coverage. Learn what to look out for and tips for getting the coverage you need.
How to get life insurance if I smoke pot Will using cannabis prevent you from getting life insurance? Read this to learn how cannabis use can impact your policy.
How does life insurance work? Life insurance can help your family recover financially from unexpected loss. Find out how life insurance works and what policy may be right for you.
Life insurance policy ownership Find out who the actual owner of a life insurance policy is, if ownership can be changed, what happens when the owner or beneficiary dies and more.
What's Universal Life Insurance? A type of permanent life insurance that offers flexibility and invested cash value, but is it the right investment option for you?
What's Permanent Life Insurance? A permanent policy doesn't expire and can build cash-value. It gives you the satisfaction that your loved ones will always be taken care of - but is it worth the cost?
Critical illness insurance Critical illness insurance provides you with a lump sum benefit in case you become seriously ill and can't work. Learn about it and if it's the right insurance option for you.
Guide to mortgage disability insurance Mortgage disability insurance offers mortgage protection if you’re disabled, though it isn’t the cheapest type of disability policy.