Get 5% off 7+ days tours
Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
5 sites where Canadians can book vacations now and pay later
Itching for a holiday but don’t have the cash right now? These sites let you book your dream vacation now and pay it off later.
There’s plenty of companies that offer layby holidays, with flexible payment plans and the option to pay off your holiday in as much as 12 months.
Some also offer an interest-free period, which means that your finances don’t have to hold you back from going on that last-minute vacation or scoring a great deal on a trip you find.
Of course, like with any loan or credit product, you’ll need to make sure you make payments on time to avoid paying interest (if there is an interest-free period) and any additional fees.
As always, read what you’re getting before you sign on the dotted line!
1. Air Transat
Already known for its budget-friendly flights and vacations, did you know that Air Transat also lets you lock in a Caribbean, Central America or Europe package or cruise with a deposit and pay for the rest of it later?
- Lock in your package price with a $250 deposit
- You’ll need to pay off the remaining balance within 45 days of travel.
- You won’t pay any interest or extra fees, but the balance (less than $250 deposit) must be paid in a single payment.
Spend less time worrying about payments and more time choosing the perfect itinerary – Contiki has loads to choose from.
- Secure your tour for just $200, letting you take advantage of Contiki’s regular deep discounts before you need to pay the whole trip off
- Flexible deposits means you can even change your tour choice within 60 days of departure for US and Canada trips, or within 45 days for all other regions.
- Pay zero change fees if you’re within the change period
3. G Adventures
Never miss a trip with Lifetime deposits that never expire and payment plans that mean you never need to pay for a full trip upfront.
- Only a $250 deposit is required to reserve your spot.
- Trip can be paid in smaller payments up until 60 days prior to departure.
- Hold this fee policy: The Holding an Option is available for tours and lets you hold the price or space in a tour for 48 hours. The option will expire and your space will be released unless you confirm within 48 hours.
- Lifetime deposits policy: A confirmed tour which has been cancelled will be added to the the lifetime deposit which is the value of the deposit made on that tour. Lifetime deposits never expire.
Found a stellar all-inclusive deal but just short on funds? TripCentral will let you book your trip and then pay it off over the next year.
- Pay off your trip in 12 fixed monthly instalments
- You’ll not pay any penalties or late fees, but you will pay interest
- Available on trips (including vacations and cruises) of $500 or more
Known for its deep discounts on trips, including buy-one-get-one offers and up to 60% off last-minute trips, Redtag.ca lets you bag a bargain and pay for it when you can.
- Pay off your trip in 12 fixed monthly instalments
- Similar to a loan, you will be required to pay interest
- When you book, opt to pay with Uplift Pay Monthly (subject to approval)
Want to book layby holidays online? Use one of our coupons:
Popular Contiki coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|30 Apr 2021||Get 5% off 7+ days tours||********|
|28 Apr 2021||5% off group tours||********|
|24 Feb 2021||Up to 15% off Canada trips||********|
|13 Jan 2021||Up to 15% off Canada tours||********|
|13 Jan 2021||Up to 15% off ski holidays||********|
More guides on Finder
Best cheap stocks to buy now
Stock trading doesn’t have to be expensive. Using Finder’s proprietary algorithm, we’ve identified the best cheap Canadian and US stocks to buy now.
Are you a global business owner? Here’s how to pay your overseas employees
The right payment solution for your business depends on whether your highest priority is cost, speed or convenience.
Best airline stocks
Check out the best airline and aviation stocks to buy now in Canada based on company performance.
Nova Scotia travel restrictions: Where you can go in October 2021
Get in the know about Nova Scotia’s travel restrictions to plan your next getaway.
Ontario travel restrictions: Where you can go in October 2021
Find out how to get out and explore with our guide to Ontario travel restrictions.
Northwest Territories travel restrictions: Where you can go in October 2021
Find out what’s open for business and where you can travel in the Northwest Territories.
6 tips for Canadian import/export businesses
SPONSORED: How to take your business global (and save a whole lot of money along the way).
Nunavut travel restrictions: Where you can go in October 2021
Important things to know before you travel to Nunavut.
How to lower car insurance costs
You don’t need to pay more for car insurance than necessary. Find out the 9 easiest ways to pay less and save on your monthly car insurance bill.
Where to bulk buy N95, P2 and FFP3 face masks
If you’re looking to outfit your staff in respiratory face masks, these online retailers can help.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.