Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Transfer 135 currencies with Xpress Money
Send money overseas quickly and easily with Xpress Money international money transfers.
Xpress Money has established one of the largest remittance networks in the industry, with 200,000 agent locations in 165 countries around the world. Xpress Money offers a convenient, affordable, accessible and secure way to send money overseas. Recipients can collect funds from locations around the globe or have money deposited directly into a bank account or mobile wallet. Funds are typically available for pickup within minutes.
Xpress Money exchange rates
Xpress Money updates its exchange rates in accordance with fluctuating market conditions. The company offers bank-beating exchange rates and fees on par with other money transfer services.
|CAD$1 in exchange for:||Xpress Money||TorFX||TD Bank|
Rates as of 04 April 2018
How much does it cost to transfer money with Xpress Money?
Fees and exchange rates may vary based on amount sent and destination country. The table below outlines an example of how fees are set by amount based on sending money from Canada to India.
|Amount Sent (CAD)||Payment Method||Payment Received||Fee (CAD)|
Rates as of 04 April 2018
Xpress Money is open and transparent when it comes to providing quotes for payment – they will always generate the total amount that you need to pay when booking your trade in person.
What types of transfers can you carry out with Xpress Money?
Xpress Money offers a wide range of options when you want to send money overseas.
- In-branch transfers. Schedule a transfer by visiting your local Xpress Money branch – the company has hundreds of locations in Canada and 200,000+ agent locations worldwide.
- Cash pick-up. Recipient can pick up funds in cash by visiting an Xpress Money branch.
- Transfer to bank account. Funds can be transferred directly into your recipient’s bank account in select countries.
- Transfer to mobile phone. Xpress Money will deposit funds into a mobile wallet in select countries.
The only way that you can lodge a transfer with Xpress Money is by visiting a branch.
Pros and cons of using Xpress Money
- 135+ Currencies. Xpress Money can help you to transfer funds to over 200 countries around the world.
- Fast processing times. Depending on the destination and currency, Xpress Money aims to deposit funds on the day of transfer.
- Convenient locations. With hundreds of agent locations in Canada, Xpress Money makes it easy to send money overseas.
- Customer service. Contact Xpress money through e-mail or at their 24/7 toll-free number (1-866-977-3772)
- Fees apply. Fees vary depending on amount and destination country.
- Limited service options. Xpress Money has no online service, and you can only transfer money by visiting a branch.
Compare Xpress Money to other money transfer services
Frequently asked questions about Xpress Money
Xpress Money provides a viable option if you’re looking to send money overseas quickly. However, it’s best to compare rates and fees from several money transfer services to find the best option for your needs.
More guides on Finder
Cash Money Line of Credit review
Need access to cash? Cash Money lines of credit offer flexibility to borrow as much or as little as you need, up to a maximum of $10,000.
6 tips for Canadian import/export businesses
SPONSORED: How to take your business global (and save a whole lot of money along the way).
International money transfer services
Beat the banks, find the best exchange rates and avoid fees when you send money abroad from Australia.
5 big reasons you might need a digital bank for money transfers
Find out how digital banks compare with dedicated money transfer services when sending money overseas.
Simplii Financial wire transfer review
Pay zero fees for safe and secure money transfers to over 120 countries.
How to cut the cost of sending money overseas in 2021
SPONSORED: Fee-free services and special offers can help you save on your next international money transfer.
HSBC Student Chequing Account Review
Post-secondary students in Canada can take advantage of this HSBC Student Chequing Account with unlimited transactions and no monthly fee.
5 tips for sending money to Asia
SPONSORED: Mobile money transfers provide an easy, low-cost and contactless way to send money to loved ones overseas.
Paysend offers transfers to more than 70 countries through its app and online service.
Tangerine Visa Debit Card Review
Tangerine’s Visa Debit Card comes with unlimited free transactions. It allows users to safely shop online and make purchases while abroad like a credit card wherever Visa is accepted.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.