Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Save up to 8% on international money transfers with VoPay
Enjoy safe and reliable international money transfers worldwide with VoPay.
VoPay is based in British Columbia, with a top-notch tech team dedicated to making global money transfers simpler and more affordable. The organization aims to be a global go-to online money transfer service and currently offers access to 7 currencies in 26 countries (as of 05 May 2018) for transfer from Canada. With numerous payment and delivery options, VoPay provides an ultra secure service, with streamlined processes, encrypted data, and bank-grade security. To top it all off, you can be sure the company is helping a good cause, with VoPay donating a portion of any proceeds they make to educating children in underdeveloped countries.
How do you register and begin transferring funds?
It’s easy to send an international money transfer with VoPay. All you need to do is follow a few simple steps:
- Open an account. The first step to transferring money with VoPay is to sign up on their website for a free account. Simply enter your e-mail address and a password (or sign up with your Facebook account) and you will be re-directed to the transfer page.
- Book your currency. Select your destination country (from a convenient drop-down list) and enter the amount you wish to send. After you punch in your set amount, the fees and exchange rates will generate automatically.
- Enter personal details. Enter your recipient’s personal details (which include name and banking information) as well as your own information.
- Pay for your transfer. Choose how you want to pay (bank account or debit/credit card).
- Send your money. Confirm your transaction and the VoPay transfer bots will take care of the rest!
Most transfers are completed within 1-3 business days.Back to top
How much does it cost to transfer money with VoPay?
After you register for an account, you will get instant access to a quote for your transaction, which will outline exchange rates and fees. With no fees and competitive exchange rates, VoPay has a solid track record for helping thousands of Canadians save up to 8% on their international money transfer needs.
- Zero Fees. While many Canadian banks charge high fees for international money transfers, the fee to send money to countries from Canada is zero dollars.
- Competitive Exchange rates. The exchange rates promoted by VoPay are competitive when compared with Canadian banks and other money transfer services. The table below compares VoPay’s exchange rates with other suitable money transfer options.
|$1 CAD in exchange for:||Canadian Bank (RBC)||Money Transfer Service (TorFX)||VoPay|
|US dollar (USD)||0.7607||0.7777||0.7847|
|British pound (GBP)||0.5570||0.5749||0.5825|
|Swedish krona (GBP)||6.6445||6.8384||5.7040|
|Singapore dollar (SGD)||1.0095||1.0380||0.9320|
Exchange rates as of 05 May 2018 – subject to changeBack to top
Which currencies can you send with VoPay?
VoPay allows you to send funds to certain countries in Europe and the Baltics, as well as Singapore, the United Kingdom and the United States. Currencies available for transfer from Canadian dollars include:
What are the pros and cons of using VoPay?
- Zero fees. VoPay offers zero fee transactions for all Canadian transfers.
- Competitive exchange rates. Clients can expect bank-beating exchange rates that often out-compete other money transfer companies.
- No minimum transfer. There are no minimum transfer limits so you can send as little as $10 in a bank-to-bank transaction.
- Speedy transactions. The whole transfer can be completed online in less than 5 minutes.
- Solid tracking system. Payments are tracked, and VoPay keeps both you and your recipient up to date about the status of your transaction.
- Limited maximum amounts. The maximum allowable transfer amount is $999, so if you need to transfer more than that, it’s probably best to use another service.
- Limited currencies. There are only 7 available currencies for transfer from Canadian dollars (as of 05 May 2018) – with services limited to countries in Europe and the Baltics, as well as the Singapore, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Compare VoPay to other money transfer services
What services does VoPay offer for businesses?
VoPay is powered by blockchain and offers business solutions for companies who need to send high volumes of payments globally.
- Streamlined process. Companies simply connect using an application-programming interface (API) and then use VoPay’s simple web panel to exchange currency,
- Limitless transactions. Business customers can send unlimited individual and batch transactions as required.
- Additional currencies. Companies transferring money with VoPay can access 80+ currencies.
- Enhanced delivery options. VoPay connects businesses to over 15,000 financial institutions and 350,000 cash pick up locations in over 120 countries.
Businesses that join VoPay are linking up to a global network, with clients sending hundreds of thousands of dollars overseas and saving up to 5% on transactions with premium exchange rates.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
6 tips for Canadian import/export businesses
SPONSORED: How to take your business global (and save a whole lot of money along the way).
International money transfer services
Beat the banks, find the best exchange rates and avoid fees when you send money abroad from Australia.
5 big reasons you might need a digital bank for money transfers
Find out how digital banks compare with dedicated money transfer services when sending money overseas.
Simplii Financial wire transfer review
Pay zero fees for safe and secure money transfers to over 120 countries.
How to cut the cost of sending money overseas in 2021
SPONSORED: Fee-free services and special offers can help you save on your next international money transfer.
HSBC Student Chequing Account Review
Post-secondary students in Canada can take advantage of this HSBC Student Chequing Account with unlimited transactions and no monthly fee.
5 tips for sending money to Asia
SPONSORED: Mobile money transfers provide an easy, low-cost and contactless way to send money to loved ones overseas.
Paysend offers transfers to more than 70 countries through its app and online service.
Tangerine Visa Debit Card Review
Tangerine’s Visa Debit Card comes with unlimited free transactions. It allows users to safely shop online and make purchases while abroad like a credit card wherever Visa is accepted.
CIBC US$ Personal Account review
The CIBC US$ Personal Account is optimal for individuals who regularly manage US dollars or travel to the US often.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.