Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Instarem discount codes and exclusive coupons
Find out how to get a discount on your money transfer using an Instarem promo code.
Instarem discount codes and coupons
What services does Instarem offer?
Instarem lets you send money overseas quickly and with low fees. You can send more than 15 currencies around the world and be guaranteed a fair exchange rate without a hidden margin added on. Be aware that Instarem only offers zero-margin transfers for some currencies and during certain hours. The company doesn’t make it clear which currencies and hours this applies to.
- One-off transfers. Instarem’s main focus is on one-off transfers for personal use. You can’t set up automated regulated payments just yet.
- Business transfers. You can pay staff, suppliers and freelancers that live overseas.
- Bank transfers. Instarem only lets you pay with a bank transfer, which means you can’t use your credit or debit card.
What currencies does Instarem support?
Instarem lets you send money in more than 20 different currencies. Some of the more popular ones include:
- AUD Australian dollar
- EUR Euro
- GBP British pound
- HKD Hong Kong dollar
- INR Indian rupee
- MYR Malaysian ringgit
- PHP Philippine peso
- THB Thai baht
- USD United States dollar
- VND Vietnamese dong
Pros and cons
- Transparent fees. You’ll know the fees upfront and there won’t be any hidden ones.
- Fast transfers. Transfers typically take one business day.
- Loyalty points. You can earn InstaPoints on sign up and each time you transfer, which can be redeemed later.
- Doesn’t use mid-market rate for all transfers. Instarem only offers zero-margin transfers for some currencies and during certain hours. The company doesn’t make it clear which currencies and hours this applies to.
- Only supports bank transfers. You won’t be able to use your card to pay for your transfer and you’ll only be able to send money to a bank account, which means no cash pick-ups or sending to a mobile.
- Limited availability. Instarem is only available in some markets at the moment, but has plans to expand soon. This also means it only offers a limited range of currencies compared to some other money transfer specialists.
See what your transfer with Instarem could look like
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
More guides on Finder
Best money transfer services in 2022
Compare diverse options to send money overseas and determine which pick is the best fit for your transfer.
PayPal vs. Canadian banks for international money transfers
See how the payment industry giant stacks up against Canadian banks for fees, exchange rates, transfers speed and more.
How to buy a car overseas with an international money transfer
Find out how to buy a car overseas by sending a safe and affordable international money transfer.
Are Wyre money transfers available in Canada?
Find out if Wyre money transfer and crypto payment solutions are available in Canada, and compare other money transfer services for businesses.
What is a billing address or a remittance address?
Sending a payment to a company but not sure which address to use? Find out about billing addresses (also known as remittance addresses) in this guide.
Remitly vs. PayPal
Compare this well-known global payments giant to newer transfer service, Remitly, to see which is better for fees, exchange rates and transfer speed.
MoneyGram vs. Ria
We compare these international money transfer services to see which has lower fees, better exchange rates and faster service.
List of SWIFT codes for banks in Mexico
Sending an international money transfer or wire transfer to a bank in Mexico? Find SWIFT codes for banks in Mexico here.
Western Union vs. Ria
Which company offers the better international money transfer services: Western Union or Ria? Compare fees, exchange rates and speed to find out.
US dollar to Canadian dollar exchange rate
Learn more about how to find the best exchange rate for USD to CAD money transfers.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.