If you’re a Costco member and looking to insure your vehicle, you may be interested in getting a quote with Inova car insurance. Inova is a Costco-brand insurance broker platform that compares popular car insurance providers to help you find the best rates on your coverage.
Find out more about how you can compare rates with Inova car insurance and apply for a quote today.
What is Inova car insurance?
Inova is a Costco-brand car insurance broker that helps Costco members find the best rates on their car insurance. It doesn’t offer car insurance directly but works with a number of top-rated providers to get you the coverage you need at a price you can afford.
All you need to do is input your personal information and your Costco membership number to compare providers. Just be aware that Inova is only available in certain provinces – you won’t be able to access its services in BC, Saskatchewan or Manitoba.
What insurance providers does Inova work with?
Inova works with a number of insurers to get you the best price on the market. These include reputable brands such as Aviva, Travelers, Intact, Zenith and more. When you apply for Inova, you’ll automatically get quotes from all of its partners with a single application.
What types of insurance does Inova offer?
Inova car insurance lets you choose from a number of different insurance packages offered by multiple brand name providers.
Depending on which province you live in, you’ll usually get the following types of insurance included with any quote.
- Liability insurance. Covers any expenses you might incur if you cause an accident and somebody sues you for damages.
- Accident benefits. Provides financial assistance to pay for any medical bills that you or your passengers might incur as a result of getting into an accident.
- Uninsured motorist coverage. Helps you get back on your feet if you get into a collision with an uninsured motorist or hit-and-run driver.
Collision or comprehensive insurance
This insurance will cost you more but covers damage and repairs to your vehicle:
- Collision. Pays for the cost of any damage to your vehicle in an accident that’s deemed to be your fault.
- Comprehensive. Protects your vehicle in the case of damage due to falling objects, vandalism, fire, theft, natural disasters or civil disobedience.
Can I purchase additional coverage if I want more protection?
You may be able to request the following extra coverage when you apply for a quote:
- New vehicle protection. Gives you the market value instead of the depreciated value for your vehicle if you need to replace it due to an accident.
- Loss of use coverage. Pays for a rental vehicle or other form of transportation if your vehicle is undriveable due to a covered claim.
- Family protection. Protects your family in the event that your vehicle is hit by an uninsured or underinsured motorist.
- Accident forgiveness. Maintains your premiums at the same rate after you get into your first at-fault accident.
- Damage to non-owned cars. Offers liability protection when you drive rental cars and other non-owned vehicles.
- Minor ticket protection. Maintains your premiums at the same rate if you get a minor traffic ticket.
When you go through the process of getting a quote online, the Inova website asks you whether you wish to combine your home and auto insurance into a package deal. The website says this could result in a discount of up to 15% on the total price of insurance. Many providers will also give you a discount if you insure multiple vehicles with them at one time.
What do customers say about Inova car insurance?
Inova car insurance has decent reviews online from a number of customers. In particular, many customers seem happy with the low rates that Inova offers through its comparison platform.
As for negative reviews, a handful of customers report getting higher quotes with Inova than they did with other insurance brokers. There are also a few comments about rate hikes, though this seems to be an ongoing complaint against most insurance providers. Some customers are also displeased with the level of customer service on offer, complaining about long wait times on the phone and unhelpful customer representatives.
Benefits and drawbacks of Inova
- Quick application. You can apply for a wide range of quotes from several different providers in under five minutes.
- Big savings. You could save hundreds of dollars on your car insurance by comparing providers using Inova‘s online platform.
- Package deals. You may be able to package your home and car insurance to save money on both premiums.
- Driving app. You’ll get the option to download Inova‘s smartphone app to track your driving habits and get discounts for safe driving.
- 24/7 claims service. You’ll be able to call in at any time of day or night to speak to an agent about your insurance policy or claim requirements.
- Online portal. You can sign up for a myInova account to manage your policy and make changes to your coverage on the go.
- Member-only access. You’ll only be able to use Inova‘s comparison site if you’re a Costco member (which costs at least $60 per year).
- Limited lenders. You’ll only get quotes from car insurance providers that Inova works with directly.
- Not available in some regions. You won’t be able to access Inova car insurance in BC, Saskatchewan or Manitoba.
- Poor customer service. Some customers indicate that it can take a long time to get in touch with Inova over the phone. In addition, some customers complain that the customer service is generally unhelpful.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for Inova car insurance coverage, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Have a valid Canadian driver’s licence
- Own the vehicle you wish to insure
- Fulfill additional criteria based on which province you live in.
How to apply
If you want to apply for Inova car insurance, you just need to follow these simple steps.
- Visit the Inova car insurance website to submit an application for a quote online.
- Provide the necessary documentation – such as a valid driver’s licence, Costco membership number and proof of purchase for your vehicle.
- Get verified and work with Inova to negotiate the terms of your car insurance if you meet the eligibility requirements.
How to contact Inova car insurance
You can contact Inova car insurance on its toll-free customer support number during normal working hours. It’s also possible to call into its claims hotline 24/7 if you need to report an accident.
Compare other free car insurance quotes online
Inova is an insurance broker that lets Costco members compare rates from multiple providers. It offers many different types of car insurance and gives special discounts for safe driving and bundling your insurance. Just be aware that Inova car insurance will only compare its affiliated partners. For this reason, you may want to do some secondary research to make sure you’re getting the best possible quote.