HSBC +Rewards™ Mastercard® review
Get a low interest rate and earn points when you spend money on dining or entertainment.Get 30,000 Points (up to $150 in value) when you spend $2,000 in the first 6 months. Plus, get the 1st year annual fee waived for the primary cardholder ($25 value). Apply by January 31, 2022.
Purchase Interest Rate
$0 annual fee for the first year ($25 thereafter)
|Product Name||HSBC +Rewards™ Mastercard®|
|Reward||Earn 2 Points for every $1 spent on eligible dining or entertainment purchases.|
|Welcome Offer||Get 30,000 Points (up to $150 in value) when you spend $2,000 in the first 6 months. Plus, get the 1st year annual fee waived for the primary cardholder ($25 value). Apply by January 31, 2022.|
|Purchase Interest Rate||11.9%|
|Cash Advance Rate||11.9%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||11.9%|
|Interest Free Period||21 days|
|Minimum Credit Limit||$500|
- Think about this card if you want a low interest rate and basic insurance coverage.
- Choose something else if you want comprehensive benefits and no annual fee.
- There are no minimum income requirements to qualify for this card.
If you want a low-interest card that offers a return on points for a low annual fee, then the HSBC +Rewards™ Mastercard® could be the right fit for you.
- Earn points. Earn 2 Points for every $1 on eligible dining or entertainment purchases and earn 1 Point for every $1 spent on all other everyday purchases.
- Low interest. Get a low purchase interest of 11.9%, as well as a rate of 11.9% on cash advance transactions and balance transfers.
- Welcome offer. Get 30,000 Points (up to $150 in value) when you spend $2,000 in the first 6 months. Plus, get the 1st year annual fee waived for the primary cardholder ($25 value). Apply by January 31, 2022.
- Purchase assurance. Rest easy knowing that your purchases are insured against loss, theft or damage for 90 days
after you buy them.
- Extended warranty. Get double the protection with an added year of warranty coverage on eligible purchases made with your card.
- Optional travel insurance. Take advantage of travel insurance for an annual fee.
- Price protection. Save money with a price-match guarantee offered within two months of making a purchase.
- Zero liability protection. Avoid unauthorized or fraudulent purchases made with your card with zero liability insurance.
- Tap and pay. Pay instantly with Mastercard contactless payment and Apple Pay.
- Enhanced security. Use your Mastercard SecureCode to protect your information when shopping online.
- Worldwide acceptance. Shop with confidence when you travel overseas knowing that Mastercard is accepted worldwide.
What to watch out for
- Low points value. The value of your points will fluctuate based on what you’re redeeming them for, but they can be as low as $1 for every 200 points you earn.
- Limited benefits. You won’t get additional benefits like extended travel medical, mobile phone insurance or roadside assistance.
- Fee for additional cards. You’ll pay an additional fee of $10 if you want to get more than one card.
What should I know before I apply?
How to apply
- Click the green “Go to site” button on this page or click here to be securely directed to the HSBC +Rewards™ Mastercard® application.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
The HSBC +Rewards™ Mastercard® may be a good fit for you if you want a low-interest card that lets you earn points for every dollar you spend. It comes with a low annual fee and offers basic insurance coverage with the option to add travel insurance for an extra fee.