How to increase your upload speed
Slow upload speed getting you down? Read our tips on how to improve your service.
Fast internet speeds are more important now than ever. With upload speeds usually lagging behind download speeds, uploading things can be a snail-paced nightmare. Here are few simple tips to increase your speed.
How to increase your upload speed
- Try using a wired connection. If you’re currently using a Wi-Fi connection, try switching to an ethernet cable, as wired connections have a faster upload speed.
- Clear your temporary files. Clearing your history, cache, and cookies can increase the overall speed of your computer, and this will increase your upload speed in turn.
- Remove other devices from your network. Having many devices connected to your internet at once can really slow down speeds, so try removing these. This can include wireless printers and mobile phones too.
- Remove malware. Malware is one of the things that can slow your computer’s speed down most, so you should make sure you don’t have any viruses. You can do this by downloading antivirus software and by making sure that it’s working properly.
- Change your DNS settings. Different domain name servers (DNS) have different speeds. You can change your DNS by finding the fastest ones and entering the code manually in your internet settings or by downloading tools to help get the fastest ones. Two reliable tools are Google DNS and OpenDNS, but there are also some professional level ones that you have to pay for.
- Update device drivers. If your device drivers are outdated it can really slow you down. You can update them by clicking ‘update device drivers’ in your network adapter’s options menu.
- Upload at off-peak times. This one isn’t particularly helpful if you need to upload quickly now, but off-peak times have much quicker speeds, and this is something to consider when choosing the time you upload something.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Review: CoinSmart cryptocurrency exchange
Learn more about the CoinSmart cryptocurrency exchange by reading the full review.
How to start a cleaning business
We’ll show you how to start a cleaning business – from picking a business structure to creating a business plan and marketing your services.
How to start a home daycare
From registration and business structures to insurance and marketing – we’ll show you how to get your home daycare business up and running.
500+ online stores that DEFINITELY accept American Express
A list of online shops that welcome American Express cards, as well as details on how to get an AMEX card of your very own.
How your driving record affects car insurance rates
Find out what shows up on your driving record, how insurers use your record and tips to improve it.
Cheapest cars to insure
Use our our helpful guide to compare the cheapest and most expensive cars to insure.
Christmas gifts for teenagers
Teenagers can be tricky to shop for. Make your life a little easier by getting them something from our guide.
New Aeroplan credit cards from TD and CIBC
Learn more about how the new Aeroplan credit cards from TD and CIBC are set to change when the new Aeroplan program comes into effect.
Have a US bank account and need to send money at a moment’s notice? Zelle could be the app for you — especially if your bank is already a Zelle partner.
How can bitcoin compete in the money transfer market?
Is Bitcoin a viable way to transfer money? Learn how it compares to more traditional services here.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.