Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
How to cancel your Netflix account with ease
If you're switching providers or simply taking some time off bingeing shows like House of Cards and Stranger Things, here's how to cancel your Netflix membership.
Streaming services don’t always make their cancellation procedures clear. Thankfully, you can cancel your Netflix subscription easily. The directions below will show you how to cancel your Netflix subscription.
Cancelling your Netflix account
- Visit netflix.com/ca from a browser on your desktop or laptop.
- If you’re already signed in, skip ahead to step three. If not, sign in using the username and password you chose when you started your subscription.
- Hover your mouse over the username or user icon in the top-right corner of the home screen.
- In the drop-down box, click “Your Account“.
- On the “My Account” screen, click “Cancel Membership” (located near the top of the screen under Membership and Billing).
- On the next screen, you will be given an exact date (e.g. 22 Jan 2016). This is the date your account is paid up to and the date your subscription will officially end.
- Click “Finish Cancellation” to complete the cancellation process.
Need more TV?
Cancelling Netflix? Why not try these streaming services for free
If you’ve had enough of Netflix, there are plenty of other ways you can get your entertainment fix.
More guides on Finder
How to watch the 2020 AFL Grand Final overseas
Famous clubs Richmond and Geelong clash in the 2020 AFL Grand Final. This is how you can watch overseas.
How to watch the 2020 NRL Grand Final from overseas
The Melbourne Storm take on the Penrith Panthers in the 2020 NRL Grand Final. Here’s how you can watch overseas.
RBC Visa Signature Black U.S. Credit Card review
Do you regularly spend money in the US? Find out how you can avoid currency conversion and pay no annual fee with this cross-border card.
Netflix Canada prices up again: What are the cheaper alternatives?
Canada’s most popular streaming service is going to empty your pocket even more.
500+ online stores that DEFINITELY accept American Express
A list of online shops that welcome American Express cards, as well as details on how to get an AMEX card of your very own.
How your driving record affects car insurance rates
Find out what shows up on your driving record, how insurers use your record and tips to improve it.
Pacific Car Loans review
Find out how to qualify for bad credit loans with this BC-based lender and learn whether it’s a good fit for your unique set of needs and budget.
How to find the best stock trading platform for online investing
Research and compare the best stock trading platforms to find the right one for your financial needs.
How to invest in fractional shares
Fractional shares are a low-cost way to invest in company stocks. Find out what fractional shares are and how to buy some.
How to transfer a car loan to another person
Find out more about what you’ll need to do to transfer a car loan to another person in Canada.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.