Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy Horizen (ZEN) in Canada
Learn how to buy Horizen (ZEN) on 10+ crypto exchanges in our step-by-step guide.
You can buy Horizen (ZEN) on a cryptocurrency exchange like FTX. These specialised marketplaces allow you to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, and work similar to stock trading platforms. Horizen is a blockchain platform that focuses on scalable privacy. Here's how to buy Horizen.
How to buy Horizen in 4 easy steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
- Compare crypto exchangesThe easiest way to buy Horizen is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
- Create an account To create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
- Make a depositOnce verified, you can deposit $ using the payment method that best suits you – bank transfer, card, wire transfer and credit card payments are widely accepted.
- Buy Horizen You can now exchange your funds for Horizen. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your Horizen to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Horizen in Canada
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade ZEN by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How do I find the best places to buy Horizen?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in Canada to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy Horizen?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading Horizen.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing ZEN with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
Where can I buy Horizen with a credit or debit card?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy ZEN with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are popular deposit methods to buy ZEN on the following exchanges:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase ZEN by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for ZEN on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy Horizen?
The easiest way to buy ZEN is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Before buying ZEN, you may want to check the market conditions. To help you decide if now is the right time to buy, you can take a look at our Analysis tools to get an idea of how the price of Horizen has been performing recently.
Best Horizen wallets to store your ZEN
You can keep your ZEN on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can learn more about wallets and compare them with our comprehensive guide.
Recent Horizen developments
December 2021: Horizen has added its cross-chain protocol built with zk-SNARK functionality, Zendoo, to its Mainnet.
Is Horizen a good investment?Horizen is an innovative project that's trying to break into the blockchain arena. Before purchasing any ZEN tokens, here are a few factors that investors should consider:
- Privacy at the forefront: Horizen uses zero-knowledge proofs within its network, which makes its ZEN token untraceable and unwatchable. For those looking for complete privacy, this is very advantageous.
- Scalability: Horizen has primarily focused on developing sidechain technology to allow anyone to develop dapps that link seamlessly to the Horizen mainchain. Sidechains ensure high scalability while relying on the benefits of the Horizen mainchain’s network of over 30,000 nodes. The Cross-Chain Transfer Protocol (CCPT) technology allows users to send tokens quickly and efficiently between the Horizen mainchain and individual sidechains.
- Supply: The total supply of tokens is capped at 21 million. Like Bitcoin, there is a periodic halving of block rewards. The first halving took place in December 2020. This halved block rewards from 12.5 ZEN to 6.25 ZEN.
Additional information about Horizen can be found using our ZEN analysis tools.
Today's Horizen price versus ATH
Compare today's price of Horizen ($20.81 USD) against its all-time-high price of $165.92 USD on 08 May 2021. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer ZEN is to reaching its ATH again.
ATH date: May 08, 2021
Horizen ATH: $165.92
How to trade, convert or sell HorizenYou can convert or sell your ZEN with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have ZEN on.
- If you store your Horizen in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of ZEN you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Horizen.
- Complete your transaction and move your ZEN to a wallet for storage.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Horizen, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of ZEN is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Horizen or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) in Canada
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (LUNC).
Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on LUNC.
Wrapped Terra Classic (LUNC) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Wrapped Terra Classic and how the token will perform in the future.
tBTC (TBTC) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on tBTC and how the token will perform in the future.
Shping (SHPING) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Shping and how the token will perform in the future.
Pawtocol (UPI) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Pawtocol and how the token will perform in the future.
Orca (ORCA) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Orca and how the token will perform in the future.
Moss Carbon Credit (MCO2) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Moss Carbon Credit and how the token will perform in the future.
Measurable Data (MDT) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Measurable Data and how the token will perform in the future.
Maple (MPL) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Maple and how the token will perform in the future.