Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Where to buy Enigma (ENG) in Canada
What is Enigma and how does it work?
Enigma (ENG) is a highly specialized cryptocurrency. The main purpose of the Enigma system is to allow for the analyzing and computation of data without that data actually being revealed. For example, it could be used if a group of people wanted to work out their average salaries and their exact place in the hierarchy, without anyone actually disclosing their individual salaries.
There are two main parts to Enigma:
- The main Enigma ecosystem – Does the above.
- Enigma Catalyst – Is a holding platform that lets developers tap into Enigma’s data marketplace and the main home of the Enigma token.
Note: Enigma ENG is not to be confused with Enigma (XNG). This article is about Enigma ENG.
Where to buy Enigma (ENG)
How does Enigma work?
Enigma and Enigma Catalyst are separate but related projects run by the same team.
This is the initial project. It was created for the purposes of letting people run computations on data while keeping the data itself secure and private.
It’s a very specialized function, but with more application than there might initially seem. For example:
- Two businesses want to enter into a partnership and make informed decisions on how to divide their resources, but don’t want to actually disclose any sensitive commercial information.
- Analyzing and studying medical data without the usual risks of accessing and storing confidential information.
- Reducing the chances of corruption, data misuse or growing inequality while facilitating research with sensitive information.
- Letting individuals sell their own sensitive personal information with the confidence of knowing that it’s going to remain private, but can still be used.
- Allowing for a large pool of data for machine learning without the costs and problems associated with accessing confidential information on a large scale.
- Allowing Enigma to become a secure and decentralized data marketplace.
Enigma aims to combine on-chain and off-chain systems to allow for more efficiency. Data is communicated and secured over the blockchain, while computations take place on Enigma’s off-chain system and remain secured via the blockchain.
It’s intended to be able to connect with existing blockchains and then offload to the off-chain system for processing.
This allows for complex and intensive computations, a wealth of information taken from other blockchains and uncompromising security and reliability.
This will be wrapped up with functionality for developers to create their own decentralized applications to make full use of this data, without any trusted third parties.
Catalyst is an algorithmic trading tool for cryptocurrency exchanges designed to tap into the Enigma data marketplace.
It’s meant to let developers more quickly and easily create their own machine learning trade-bots for cryptocurrency exchanges, with a large pool of data at their disposal.
The ENG token is the main currency of the Catalyst system used to access these opportunities.
More guides on Finder
Investing in healthcare AI stocks
Looking to buy into the healthcare AI industry? Check out these stocks and ETFs, and learn more about how to invest.
Ethereum (ETH) price prediction 2021
What affects the value of Ethereum (ETH) and how might the price of ETH fluctuate in the year ahead? Find out in this comprehensive guide.
Axie Infinity guide: How to play and earn
Axie Infinity is an RPG game that is currently dominating the NFT sector. Discover what Axies are, what makes them unique and how you can earn money simply by playing.
Investing in Internet of Things stocks
What to consider before you buy into the emerging technology of smart-connected devices.
Invest in the Russell 2000
What the Russell 2000 tracks and how to invest.
Cryptocurrency staking guide: How to stake coins for rewards
Staking is one of the most popular ways to earn an income with cryptocurrency – learn how to get started with this guide.
What is Uniswap?
Learn more about the UNI cryptocurrency in this beginner’s and buyer’s guide.
How to buy Avalanche (AVAX)
Learn more about the Avalanche (AVAX) cryptocurrency in this beginner’s and buyer’s guide.
How to buy Aave (AAVE)
Learn more about the AAVE cryptocurrency in this beginner’s and buyer’s guide.
How to buy TikTok stock from Canada when it goes public
Here’s what we know so far about the TikTok IPO.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.