Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy Ardor (ARDR) in Canada
Learn how to buy Ardor (ARDR) in our step-by-step guide.
Ardor (ARDR) is the 338th largest cryptocurrency by market cap, valued at US$69,084,964.
Ardor is a highly volatile asset capable of major price swings in a single day. Today ARDR is trading for $0.069191 USD, which is higher than yesterday's trading price of $0.0672488139 USD. Over the past year, Ardor's price has seen a decrease of -46%.
So before you buy Ardor, make sure you understand these unique risks as well as its legal and tax status here in Canada.
If you're ready to get started, read on for step-by-step instructions on how you can buy Ardor.
How to buy Ardor in 4 steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
Compare crypto exchanges
The easiest way to buy Ardor is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
Create an account
To create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
Make a deposit
Once verified, you can deposit CAD using the payment method that best suits you – cryptocurrency, bank and card payments are widely accepted.
You can now exchange your funds for Ardor. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your Ardor to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Ardor in Canada
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade ARDR by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the exchange.
How we keep this Ardor guide up-to-date
- ARDR price data is regularly updated through data feeds so you always have the latest information.
- Ardor performance data is regularly updated using automated comparisons and AI systems built by our technical experts Zak Killermann and Helen Hu.
How do I find the best places to buy Ardor?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in Canada to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy Ardor?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading Ardor.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing ARDR with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
What are the best ways to buy Ardor?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy ARDR with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are some popular ways to buy ARDR:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase ARDR by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for ARDR on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy Ardor?
The easiest way to buy ARDR is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Before buying ARDR, you may want to check the market conditions. To help you decide if now is the right time to buy, you can take a look at our all-time high tool to get an idea of how the price of Ardor has been performing recently.
Best Ardor wallets to store your ARDR
You can keep your ARDR on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can take a look at some of our top hardware wallet picks for self-custody of your ARDR below.
Ledger Nano X Wallet
Trezor Model T Wallet
SafePal S1 Wallet
See more of the best crypto wallets
Is Ardor a good investment?
Due to the volatile and risky nature of cryptocurrencies as an asset class, it is essential to do thorough research before investing. Here are the key aspects you should be aware of before adding ARDR to your investment portfolio:
- Competition. Blockchain-as-a-solution is a popular business space, and as a result there’s a lot of competition for market share. Ardor has a lot of competition from both inside and outside the cryptocurrency space. Dragonchain is a key player in the industry and provides a very similar service to Ardor, albeit their mechanisms are completely unique.
- Child chains. Ardor makes use of technology known as 'child blockchains' to offer BaaS to their customers. These are essentially blockchains based within the Ardor ecosystems that are separated from the main network. This lets businesses easily customise and adjust the chain to suit their needs, and allows for easy deletion once the service has become redundant.
- Rewards. ARDR holders can stake their tokens on the Ardor network to earn additional rewards. Staking ARDR involves 'forging' your tokens to secure and verify transactions on the Ardor protocol. This may be complicated for newcomers to cryptocurrency and is only recommended for advanced users. Beginners may want to join a staking pool, where they lock their coins in someone else's node in exchange for a percentage of their rewards.
Today's Ardor price versus ATH
Compare today's price of Ardor ($0.069191 USD) against its all-time-high price of $2.04 USD on 13 January 2018. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer ARDR is to reaching its ATH again.
ATH date: January 13, 2018
Ardor ATH: $2.04
How to trade, convert or sell ArdorYou can convert or sell your ARDR with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have ARDR on.
- If you store your Ardor in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of ARDR you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Ardor.
- Complete your transaction and move your ARDR to a wallet for storage.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Ardor, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of ARDR is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Ardor or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
Bad credit loans in Edmonton, Alberta
From personal and payday loans to lines of credit, compare loans for bad credit in Edmonton.
How to buy Sui (SUI) in Canada
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Sui, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (SUI).
How to buy Pepe (PEPE) in Canada
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Pepe, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (PEPE).
How to buy Arbitrum (ARB) in Canada
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Arbitrum, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (ARB).
How to buy SSV Network (SSV) in Canada
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy SSV Network, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (SSV).
How to buy USDD (USDD) in Canada
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy USDD, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (USDD).
How to buy Blur (BLUR) in Canada
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Blur, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (BLUR).
How to buy FLOKI Inu (FLOKI) in Canada
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy FLOKI Inu, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (FLOKI).
How to buy Aptos (APT) in Canada
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Aptos, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (APT).
How to buy EthereumPoW (ETHW) in Canada
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy EthereumPoW, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (ETHW).