Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Cheap flights to Hawaii for 2021
Find the best flight deals and fares to Hawaii from Canada.
Hawaii is an exotic paradise in the South Pacific, blended with the convenience of North American comforts. Tourists flock to Hawaii for the breathtaking islands. national parks, crystal clear waters and tropical cuisine. Famous for surfing and diving, you can find an array of exciting water activities.
Hawaii is a top choice for a tropical vacation destination. There’s really no bad time to visit, thanks to Hawaii’s close proximity to the equator. You can fly direct to Hawaii from Vancouver, however you’ll need to make one or more stopovers if you’re flying from other Canadian cities including Toronto, Calgary, Winnipeg and Halifax.
How much you can expect to pay for cheap flights to Hawaii
Here’s what’s considered a good deal compared to the average cost of a flight from Canada to Hawaii.
Hawaii flight time
- From Vancouver: Approximately 5 hrs 55 mins + when you fly direct to Honolulu International Airport
- From Toronto: Approximately 11 hrs 31 mins + with one or two stopovers, landing at Honolulu International Airport
- From Halifax: Approximately 11 hrs 18 mins + with one or two stopovers, landing at Honolulu International Airport
- From Winnipeg: Approximately 8 hrs 7 mins + with one or two stopovers, landing at Honolulu International Airport
Airlines that fly to Hawaii
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Air Canada
- United Airlines
- American Airlines
- It’s possible to get great flight deals from Canada to Hawaii, especially from Vancouver, but it’s important to note that Hawaii’s not a cheap vacation destination. Despite that, you can get a great deal on package holidays that include your flights, airport transfers, accommodation and meals, which are worth considering if you’re on a strict budget.
- To get the best flight deals and to minimize spending when you’re there, don’t go during American or Canadian school holidays (July-August). Try shoulder season travel in April-May and in September. April to October sees the least rainfall in Hawaii.
Honolulu International (HNL) is Hawaii’s main gateway and is only a few kilometres from the city. There are public buses and shuttle buses available to take you to the centre or to Waikiki beach. Taxis are also readily available, but they are a more expensive option. TheBus, Oahu’s main bus operator, lets you travel for cheap. You can pay for individual fares or get a four-day pass.
The other major airports are Kahului (OGG), Kauai Island Lihue (LIH), Kona International Airport, Keahole (KOA) and Hilo International (ITO). Public buses serve all of them but service is limited, and there is a limit on how much luggage you can transport. Airport shuttles are also available. They have a more generous luggage allowance and don’t require reservations. You can find taxis at all airports but you should avoid these if possible due to the costly prices. Major car rental companies, which are familiar to Canadians, operate from the airports and are an ideal option to explore on your own.
Plan in advance which islands and areas you want to visit. Internal flights are the best way to island hop and should be booked as early as possible to get a low fare. Ferries operate twice daily between Maui and Lanai only.
More guides on Finder
Where to buy outdoor Halloween decorations online in Canada 2021
We list some of the best retailers of outdoor Halloween decorations online in Canada to help you prepare your front yard for some trick-or-treating.
The best Black Friday phone deals in 2021
Tired of wrestling with your slow, outdated smartphone? Improve your on-the-go lifestyle with these Black Friday phone deals in Canada.
Where to buy an Xbox Series X online in Canada 2021
Treat yourself to the latest console from Xbox and find out where to get the best deal here.
Top Canadian stock discussion forums in 2021
We look at 6 popular stock discussion groups from Canada and overseas.
Newfoundland travel restrictions: Where you can go in 2021
What you need to know about the latest travel rules and restrictions in Newfoundland as well as where to stay, places to visit and how to travel around the area.
Prince Edward Island travel restrictions: Where you can go in October 2021
Important things to know before you travel to, or around, Prince Edward Island.
Alberta travel restrictions: Where you can go in October 2021
Ready to get out and explore? Here’s our guide to Alberta’s travel restrictions.
Saskatchewan travel restrictions: Where you can go in October 2021
Here’s what you need to know about travel restrictions in Canada’s breadbasket.
New Brunswick travel restrictions: Where you can go in October 2021
What you need to know about interprovincial travel restrictions as well as current rules for accommodation and attractions in New Brunswick.
British Columbia travel restrictions: Where you can go in October 2021
Find out what’s open to explore in British Columbia and how far you can travel.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.