Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Cheap flights to Hawaii for 2021
Find the best flight deals and fares to Hawaii from Canada.
Hawaii is an exotic paradise in the South Pacific, blended with the convenience of North American comforts. Tourists flock to Hawaii for the breathtaking islands. national parks, crystal clear waters and tropical cuisine. Famous for surfing and diving, you can find an array of exciting water activities.
Hawaii is a top choice for a tropical vacation destination. There’s really no bad time to visit, thanks to Hawaii’s close proximity to the equator. You can fly direct to Hawaii from Vancouver, however you’ll need to make one or more stopovers if you’re flying from other Canadian cities including Toronto, Calgary, Winnipeg and Halifax.
How much you can expect to pay for cheap flights to Hawaii
Here’s what’s considered a good deal compared to the average cost of a flight from Canada to Hawaii.
Hawaii flight time
- From Vancouver: Approximately 5 hrs 55 mins + when you fly direct to Honolulu International Airport
- From Toronto: Approximately 11 hrs 31 mins + with one or two stopovers, landing at Honolulu International Airport
- From Halifax: Approximately 11 hrs 18 mins + with one or two stopovers, landing at Honolulu International Airport
- From Winnipeg: Approximately 8 hrs 7 mins + with one or two stopovers, landing at Honolulu International Airport
Airlines that fly to Hawaii
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Air Canada
- United Airlines
- American Airlines
- It’s possible to get great flight deals from Canada to Hawaii, especially from Vancouver, but it’s important to note that Hawaii’s not a cheap vacation destination. Despite that, you can get a great deal on package holidays that include your flights, airport transfers, accommodation and meals, which are worth considering if you’re on a strict budget.
- To get the best flight deals and to minimize spending when you’re there, don’t go during American or Canadian school holidays (July-August). Try shoulder season travel in April-May and in September. April to October sees the least rainfall in Hawaii.
Honolulu International (HNL) is Hawaii’s main gateway and is only a few kilometres from the city. There are public buses and shuttle buses available to take you to the centre or to Waikiki beach. Taxis are also readily available, but they are a more expensive option. TheBus, Oahu’s main bus operator, lets you travel for cheap. You can pay for individual fares or get a four-day pass.
The other major airports are Kahului (OGG), Kauai Island Lihue (LIH), Kona International Airport, Keahole (KOA) and Hilo International (ITO). Public buses serve all of them but service is limited, and there is a limit on how much luggage you can transport. Airport shuttles are also available. They have a more generous luggage allowance and don’t require reservations. You can find taxis at all airports but you should avoid these if possible due to the costly prices. Major car rental companies, which are familiar to Canadians, operate from the airports and are an ideal option to explore on your own.
Plan in advance which islands and areas you want to visit. Internal flights are the best way to island hop and should be booked as early as possible to get a low fare. Ferries operate twice daily between Maui and Lanai only.
More guides on Finder
How to use Aeroplan travel charts
Find out how you can use Aeroplan travel charts to figure out how many points you need to save up for your next Aeroplan flight.
Hawaiian Airlines Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals in 2021
Dreamy Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals to take you to the beach.
CheapOair Black Friday deals in 2021
The lowdown on the best CheapOair deals and discounts for Black Friday.
Compare Saskatoon hotels for stays in 2021
Compare Saskatoon hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
Air Canada Aeroplan Rewards Program
Find out how the Air Canada Aeroplan program will change your member benefits and affect your earn and redemption rates.
The best* credit cards for entertainment 2021
Use rewards from your everyday purchases to get movie tickets, free dining, travel perks and more.
Best places to visit in Japan
Find the best places to visit across Japan for every kind of traveller from culture and history to food, spectacular views and so much more.
Best places to visit in Spain for 2021
Discover the hottest spots to visit in Spain, from Mediterranean beaches to a foodie’s paradise, world famous art and traditional Spanish culture with this list of the best places to visit in Spain.
Canada Day travel deals for 2021
Don’t miss out on the latest Canada Day travel deals helping you save big on your next vacation. See deals from top travel brands right here.
10 sites like Kayak where you’ll find cheap flights
Have all the flight booking options at your fingertips with these sites just like Kayak.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.