Must read: Disney Plus free trial is no longer available
Disney Plus used to offer a 7-day free trial, but that’s no longer the case. As of June 19, 2020, the platform retired its free trial offer, so the only way to stream Disney content is to sign up for a monthly or annual subscription. Disney has not indicated that it will resume the free trial program in the future, but has since run different special offers.
A new era for entertainment behemoth Disney began in November 2019. The highly anticipated streaming TV service Disney Plus hit the ground running with a stunning catalogue of over 800 TV shows and movies. While the service isn’t perfect, it was still great value for only $8.99 per month or $89.99 a year.
Those prices are rising to $11.99 a month and $119.99 a year with the launch of adult content channel Star on February 23, 2021.
But what if you want to watch Disney Plus for free?
Disney Plus used to offer a 7-day free trial, but that’s no longer the case. As of June 19, 2020, the platform retired its free trial offer, so the only way to stream Disney content is to sign up for a monthly or annual subscription. The trial might be back at a future date, along with other special promotions.
So, is it worth signing up for the service? The library has now grown to over 2,900 titles. Plenty of the content on Disney Plus is classics, meaning there is a good chance you have seen a lot of it. Whether it’s Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic or Disney itself, this is a catalogue of some of the biggest blockbusters of all time.
Many of the titles are well worth a rewatch especially if you have children living under your roof, or you may find some classics you are yet to watch. But, Disney Plus is also streaming original, exclusive content you won’t find anywhere else. It’s led by Star Wars TV series The Mandalorian and Marvel offering WandaVision and has plenty more on the way.
How to sign up for Disney Plus
Signing up for a Disney Plus subscription is simple. Just follow these steps:
- Head over to the Disney Plus sign-up page.
- You’ll see a big blue button that you can press to start your Disney Plus subscription. This is where you will need to choose a plan. To be safe, choose $11.99 a month. That way, you have an entire month to explore the library and figure out if it makes for a solid long-term investment. You can change to the annual plan in the future if you want to keep the service on.
- On the next page, you need to enter your email address.
- You must then enter a strong password.
- You will need to enter your credit card details to proceed.
- If you’re not a fan of the service or the content, follow these steps to cancel your account, preferably before your next billing cycle.
Get to know Disney Plus: