Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Fresh Start Finance personal loans
Quickly get flexible personal loans up to $15,000 and skip the hassles of dealing with banks.
With a customer-centric approach and an application process that takes less than five minutes to complete, Fresh Start gives Canadians a new way to skip the borrowing hassles at banks and settle for an option that is quicker and more convenient. Convenience here means you can borrow money directly from your computer or your mobile phone and you can be located anywhere.
If you’re needing cash for bill payments, repairs or renovations, Fresh Start is there for a variety of customer needs. It can also help customers that have been and are repeatedly turned away by banks. Customers who have been through a bankruptcy, have a poor credit history or have gone through collections can all be eligible to receive a loan with Fresh Start.
How does borrowing from Fresh Start Finance work?
To apply for a personal loan worth up to $15,000 with Fresh Start, you can begin the process on its website by clicking the “Apply Now” button. The process works as follows:
- You’ll be prompted by how much money you would like to borrow from Fresh Start, up to $15,000. You can select from different ranges including: under $500, $500–$1,500, $1,501–$3,000, $3,001–$5,000, $5,001–$7,500, $7,501–$15,000
- After you’ve selected the amount you’d like to borrow, it will then ask you to select your credit score rating. You’ll need to have your credit score rating to answer this question but there are also options for no credit and bankruptcy as well.
- It will then ask you for your employment status.
- Next, it will ask you for your annual salary and how long you’ve been receiving this salary for.
- After, it will then begin asking you for some personal information such as your current address, date of birth, first and last name, phone number and email address.
- You’ll finally be prompted to select the financial institution where you would like to receive your money. Here, you’ll have to log in to your bank’s online web portal to select your account and pair your accounts so that you can begin receiving money into your desired bank account.
- Once you’ve done everything on your end, Fresh Start will then review your application and will contact you back regarding the approval process and next steps.
Features of a personal loan from Fresh Start Finance
- Loan amount up to $15,000 You can borrow up to $15,000 from Fresh Start to cover expenses such as bill payments, student debt, repairs and renovations.
- Anyone can apply. Fresh Start allows anyone to apply for a personal loan and even accepts higher-risk applicants such as those that filed for bankruptcy and those who have issues with their credit history.
- Not a payday lender. Fresh Start stresses that it is not a payday lender as evidenced by its more flexible and affordable approach to lending.
- Fast application process. The online application process takes less than five minutes to complete and you’ll receive a call back from Fresh Start within one to two business days.
- Convenience. No need to deal with the hassles of lining up at the bank for a loan as you can receive a loan from the comfort of your own home by applying online.
- No fees. Fresh Start makes it explicitly known on its website that it does not charge application fees, maintenance fees or any other hidden costs to use its services.
- Content. If you’re especially new to loaning money, Fresh Start has some great blog content where you can learn more about personal lending and what to expect throughout the process.
- Customer satisfaction. Fresh Start has solid credibility and its average rating of 4.5/5 stars on the trustworthy TrustPilot website speaks to that.
How much will a Fresh Start Finance personal loan cost?
Depending on how much you want to borrow and the length of time you wish to pay back the loan, Fresh Start offers loans of up to $15,000, which can be repaid back in terms of 9 months–60 months. The APR, which is the cost to borrow the money expressed as a rate, ranges between 29.99% and 46.96%
Ready to apply? Here’s how
If you’re ready to proceed with a loan from Fresh Start, the only way to do so is by applying on its website. To apply, you must be a Canadian resident and have a Canadian residential address. You’ll also need to be the age of majority in the province you reside in (18 or 19 years of age). On top of this, you’ll also need to know your credit score and it doesn’t really matter what that score is, good or bad, as Fresh Start has expressed its commitment to providing loans to people with low credit scores. Lastly, you’ll need to have access to your online banking information and this is to direct Fresh Start where to deposit the loan and to pull out loan repayments from.