Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
15 airlines and sites where you can book flexible flight tickets on new bookings
Not sure if you can travel right now, but see a great deal? Here's where to book flexible tickets where you can swap your flight for a future travel voucher.
In light of current travel bans and the outbreak of COVID-19, these are the airlines giving you a bit more flexibility just in case you need it.
For information on waived change-of-date fees, check out our full guide here.
- New and future bookings: For any new bookings made up until 31 March 2020, Air Canada is offering free flight adjustments if the health situation changes.
- Change fees being waived covers travel up until 31 March 2021 and non-refundable fares will be given a future travel credit note.
- Air New Zealand has the option of purchasing a Flexidate ticket. If you intend to travel with the airline at any point then these fares ensure you can be fully refunded up until the day of departure.
- Flexidate fares are one-way and can be combined with other selected flights.
- For new bookings a MultiFLEX fare offers no date change fees in circumstances where you can no longer fly.
- Changing your fares is as simple as heading online and managing your booking. MultiFLEX fares can only be added to selected fares.
- For customers wishing to fly with Qantas in the future, there is no new booking flexibility as of yet but:
- For flights that have not been cancelled: Airfares (international or domestic) taking off up until 31 May 2020 can be cancelled and will have the value of the fares returned as a credit note to the airline.
- New bookings must be made before 30 September 2020 or one year from when the original tickets were purchased (whichever comes later).
- Hawaiian Airlines is yet to offer flexibility for new bookings but for current bookings:
- Bookings bought between March and May 2020: Change fees have been waived for any changes made within one year of the initial purchase of the flights.
- Bookings bought before 1 March 2020 for travel between March and May 2020 also have had the change fees waived for new bookings up to (or on) 31 December 2020.
- Fiji Airways does not currently offer flexibility for new bookings, but existing bookings are able to:
- Receive flight credits that are held by Fiji Airways and passengers can rebook a flight up to a year from the initial purchase date.
- With cancellations in place until the end of May 2020, passengers will be able to gain a credit and change fees have been waived for new bookings. Eligibility for travel credits applies for bookings made up until 30 June 2020.
- AirAsia does not offer flexibility for new bookings as of yet, but for existing bookings:
- Customers who have had flights impacted have until 31 October 2020 to receive 365 days of credit from the value of the booking. Applies for bookings made before before 23 March 2020.
- Passengers can also make the most of free unlimited date changes.
Summary of which airlines offer new bookings:
|Airline or agency||Does it offer new booking flexibility?|
|Virgin Australia||Yes (flexi fares)|
|Jetstar||Yes (flexi fares)|
|Air New Zealand||Yes (flexi fares)|
|STA Travel||Yes (flexi fares)|
More guides on Finder
Best places to visit in Japan
Find the best places to visit across Japan for every kind of traveller from culture and history to food, spectacular views and so much more.
10 sites like Kayak where you’ll find cheap flights
Have all the flight booking options at your fingertips with these sites just like Kayak.
Best Las Vegas hotels you can book in 2020
From budget to 5-star and everything in between, find somewhere to stay in Sin City with our Las Vegas hotel guide.
5 sites where Canadians can book vacations now and pay later
Find your dream holiday with companies that offer numerous custom holidays with plans to take your holiday now but pay later.
10 places to travel on the Canadian dollar for less in 2020.
Finder’s analysis of exchange rate data reveals the cheapest places to travel to in 2020. If Argentina is on your bucket list but you thought it was out of reach, get ready to book your ticket.
Alaska Airlines World Elite Mastercard review
Are you a frequent flyer? Get a welcome bonus and earn points towards flights when you sign up for the premium Alaska Airlines World Elite Mastercard.
Compare cards with flight and travel credits
Whether you’re flying interstate or overseas, having a credit card that offers flights or travel credit can help you save on your costs every year.
Where to buy lingerie online in 2020
When you want to add some romance and spice to your bedroom, head to these online stores. We have found you some great stores for lingerie, at prices that won’t break the bank.
International trips you can take over a long weekend
Keen to get out of Canada for the long weekend but don’t want to spend half your time on the plane? We know eight destinations you can head to that aren’t in the country.
Where to book Christmas vacation packages
Have yourself a very merry Christmas with discounted vacation packages when you book at these top online sites.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.