This article contains links to products or services from one or more of our advertisers or partners. We may receive a commission when you click or make a purchase using our site. Learn more about how we make money.
Fido Internet review
Get budget Internet packages with speeds up to 150Mbps with this well-known Canadian telecom company
Do you want to bring down your Internet costs each month? Fido is a Canadian telecom company that provides low-cost home Internet services exclusively to Ontario residents. It offers Internet plans starting at $35 per month and you won’t need to sign a contract to get started.
Learn more about what Fido Internet plans are available and what you’ll have to pay to sign up and get connected.
- Speed. Ranges from 5Mbps to 150Mbps
- Starting price. Starts from $35 per month, depending on what speed you want.
- Minimum contract. You’ll only be able to pay on a month-to-month plan.
- Offers. You may be able to get a free month when you sign up for low-speed plans or a $20 rebate per month for higher-speed plans.
What is Fido?
Fido is a reputable telecom company that offers budget Internet and mobile phone services exclusively to Ontario residents. It has a number of plans ranging from 5Mbps–150Mbps, depending on how fast you need your Internet to be. Prices start at $35 per month and you’ll pay on a month-to-month basis rather than having to sign on to a contract.
What Fido Internet plans are available?
Fido offers four main types of Internet plans in Ontario, though it doesn’t yet have service to other Canadian provinces.
- 5Mbps plan.This plan is a good fit for small households with minimal Internet usage needs. It costs $35 per month and comes with a monthly cap of 50GB of data.
- 30Mbps plan. You'll get faster download speeds with this plan and there are no data caps. It costs $50 per month and you'll get your first month free (for a limited time only).
You may be able to get a free month when you sign up for low-speed plans or a $20 rebate per month for higher-speed plans (as of 15 April 2020).
- 75Mbps plan.This plan lets several people download and stream at one time. It costs $65 per month (or $45 with monthly rebate).
- 150Mbps plan. You'll pay $75 per month for 150Mbps plans (or $55 with monthly rebate). This is the fastest speed on offer from Fido.
Does Fido allow bundling?
Fido doesn’t seem to offer any opportunities to bundle your Fido Internet with other services like your TV or home phone. That said, it does offer you the chance to take advantage of promo offers like rebates and discounts for certain Fido Internet plans.
What other features should I know about?
There are a number of special features on offer when you sign up for Fido Internet:
- No activation fee. It’s free to activate your account and get your Internet up and running with self-installation.
- No modem fee. Your modem rental is built into your contract and you can have it shipped out to your address for free.
- No long-term contracts. You won’t have to sign a contract so you cancel your Internet for free at any time.
- Unlimited data. Enjoy unlimited data on Fido’s higher-speed Internet plans for no monthly fee.
- Online account. Track your bill payments and monitor your Internet use with Fido’s easy-to-use My Account app.
What to watch out for
- Only available in Ontario. Fido Internet plans are currently only available in Ontario.
- No bundling services. You won’t be able to save money by bundling your Internet with your home phone or TV plan.
- Usage caps. Some plans come with data caps meaning you’ll have to restrict how much you use the Internet each month.
- Limited extras. There are limited options for extras like Internet security packages or wall-to-wall Wi-Fi coverage.
How do I sign up with Fido?
- Search for the Fido Internet sign-up page.
- Fill in your address to find out what services Fido offers in your location.
- Complete your application with personal details that include your name, email address and birth date.
- Review and submit your application and wait to hear from Fido about your eligibility.
- Once you’re approved, sign up for a Fido My Account to manage your bills online and pay for your Fido Internet.
Fido is a budget Internet provider that offers Internet services in Ontario. Plans start at $35 per month and go up from there depending on how fast you want your Internet to be. You may also be able to qualify for promo offers like special discounts or monthly rebates when you sign up online.
Frequently asked questions about Fido Internet plans
More guides on Finder
Sun Life Go Guaranteed Life Insurance review
Sun Life Go Guaranteed Life Insurance is a permanent life insurance option that guarantees your premiums until you’re 95 years old. Apply online in minutes.
BMO eclipse Visa Infinite Privilege review
Enjoy plenty of unique benefits and earn five times the points when you spend money on daily essentials with this card.
TD All-Inclusive Banking Plan Review
Avoid paying transaction fees and enjoy specialty banking services with this premium chequing account.
Loans Canada Mortgages review
Qualify for low rates on your next mortgage when you compare providers using this online loans platform.
Loans Canada Business Loan review
Get the best rates for your business loan when you compare lenders using this innovative online platform.
BMO U.S. Dollar Premium Rate Savings Account review
Enjoy a decent return on interest for no monthly fees with this top-rated US dollar savings account.
RBC No Limit Banking for Students Account review
Get free transactions and enjoy special student perks with this unlimited chequing account.
Coast Capital car loan review
Get competitive interest rates and top-notch customer service with this reputable car loan provider.
Pacific Car Loans review
Find out how to qualify for bad credit loans with this BC-based lender and learn whether it’s a good fit for your unique set of needs and budget.
RBC Day to Day Banking Account review
Pay a very low monthly fee to get minimal banking services with this everyday chequing account.