Fido Internet review
Get budget Internet packages with speeds up to 100Mbps with this well-known Canadian telecom company
Track your bill payments and monitor your Internet use with Fido’s easy-to-use My Account app.
Do you want to bring down your Internet costs each month? Fido is a Canadian telecom company that provides low-cost home Internet services exclusively to Ontario residents. It offers Internet plans starting at $70 per month and you won’t need to sign a contract to get started.
Learn more about what Fido Internet plans are available and what you’ll have to pay to sign up and get connected.
- Speed. Ranges from 30Mbps to 100Mbps
- Starting price. Starts from $70 per month, depending on what speed you want.
- Minimum contract. You’ll only be able to pay on a month-to-month plan.
- Offers. Save up to $35 per month for 12 months on Fido Home Internet when you pair with a Mobile plan. That’s up to $420 in savings.
What is Fido?
Fido is a reputable telecom company that offers budget Internet and mobile phone services exclusively to Ontario residents. It has a number of plans ranging from 30Mbps–100Mbps, depending on how fast you need your Internet to be. Prices start at $70 per month and you’ll pay on a month-to-month basis rather than having to sign on to a contract.
What Fido Internet plans are available?
Fido offers four main types of Internet plans in Ontario, though it doesn’t yet have service to other Canadian provinces.
- 30Mbps plan. You'll get faster download speeds with this plan and there are no data caps. It costs $55 for the first 12 months, $70 per month afterwards.
- 50Mbps plan.This plan lets several people download and stream at one time. It costs $55 for the first 12 months, $80 per month afterwards.
- 100Mbps plan. You'll pay $65 for the first 12 months, $90 per month afterwards for 150Mbps plans. This is the fastest speed on offer from Fido.
Does Fido allow bundling?
Fido doesn’t seem to offer any opportunities to bundle your Fido Internet with other services like your TV or home phone. That said, it does offer you the chance to take advantage of promo offers like rebates and discounts for certain Fido Internet plans.
What other features should I know about?
There are a number of special features on offer when you sign up for Fido Internet:
- No activation fee. It’s free to activate your account and get your Internet up and running with self-installation.
- No modem fee. Your modem rental is built into your contract and you can have it shipped out to your address for free.
- No long-term contracts. You won’t have to sign a contract so you cancel your Internet for free at any time.
- Unlimited data. Enjoy unlimited data on Fido’s higher-speed Internet plans for no monthly fee.
- Online account. Track your bill payments and monitor your Internet use with Fido’s easy-to-use My Account app.
What to watch out for
- Only available in Ontario. Fido Internet plans are currently only available in Ontario.
- No bundling services. You won’t be able to save money by bundling your Internet with your home phone or TV plan.
- Usage caps. Some plans come with data caps meaning you’ll have to restrict how much you use the Internet each month.
- Limited extras. There are limited options for extras like Internet security packages or wall-to-wall Wi-Fi coverage.
How do I sign up with Fido?
- Search for the Fido Internet sign-up page.
- Fill in your address to find out what services Fido offers in your location.
- Complete your application with personal details that include your name, email address and birth date.
- Review and submit your application and wait to hear from Fido about your eligibility.
- Once you’re approved, sign up for a Fido My Account to manage your bills online and pay for your Fido Internet.
Compare other internet service providers
Fido is a budget Internet provider that offers Internet services in Ontario. Plans start at $35 per month and go up from there depending on how fast you want your Internet to be. You may also be able to qualify for promo offers like special discounts or monthly rebates when you sign up online.