Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Fashionable face masks: Where to buy stylish and protective cloth masks
Check out this list of retailers that have turned this new wardrobe essential into a fashion statement.
Many of your favourite retailers have gotten especially creative and are now stocking fashionable face masks in an exciting range of colours, patterns and styles. From animal print and polka dots to denim and lacework, find out where you can order masks that express your personal style from retailers that let you order from the comfort of your home.
Plus, check out which stores offer free shipping deals, so you can save while you shop.
Carrying all the hottest trends at consistently affordable prices, Wish is a go-to whatever it is you’re shopping for. From fashion and footwear to accessories, home essentials and beyond, you’re sure to adore the eclectic catalogue on offer here.
- New products added daily ensuring you never get bored of browsing
- Consistently low pricing site-wide
- Score an extra discount in the “Blitz Buy” section
PatPat wants to provide families with cute, stylish and quality products.
- Sign up for PatPat’s emails and get 10% off your first order as well as getting the latest trends, updates, exclusive offers and special promotions sent directly to your inbox.
- PatPat guarantees you quality merchandise.
- It offers a 14-day returns policy.
- Free shipping is available.
Ministry of Supply is an environmentally conscious clothing company who engineers breathable and comfortable professional clothes. But during the COVID-19 crisis, it has turned its efforts to producing high quality face masks.
- The company produces shirts made from recycled material that are 100% carbon neutral
- The masks come with replaceable filters that have been tested for a 95% Bacterial Filtration Efficiency (BFE) and a 95% Particulate Filtration Efficiency(PFE) at 0.1 microns
- You’ll have the option to donate masks to front-line workers through the website
If you’re searching for the perfect place to pick up quirky, contemporary home accessories, you’ll love Society6.
Shop some seriously cool designs created by artists from around the world that are sure to add some vibrancy to your home decor.
- Order tracking available online
- 60-day returns
- Gift cards available
The home of small businesses and hand-made things, Etsy has thousands of sellers that provide a diverse range of creatively designed face masks.
- The first online shopping platform to offset 100% of carbon emissions from delivery
- Create an account to get unique gift ideas sent directly to your inbox and be the first to see the latest trends
- Save your favourite items, follow sellers and get notifications on when they have sales
- Free shipping may be available depending on the seller
Amazon Canada stocks a great selection of fashionable face masks in one place, making it simple to compare brands, prices and customer reviews.
- Sign up to Amazon Prime and get free shipping and returns on millions of items
- Huge product range
- Easily compare prices and ratings on similar products
When it comes to competitive pricing, it doesn’t get much better than eBay. Shop for fashionable face masks and other health and safety items here. Join in the thrill of a bidding war or browse the “Buy It Now” options to secure your purchase.
- Secure site with a range of payment options including PayPal
- Prices are super affordable
- Helpful product reviews on site
- Free delivery from selected sellers
With thousands of brands and millions of products, AliExpress offers a full shopping experience with loads of options to choose from! Browse through a range of masks at hugely discounted prices – you won’t be disappointed!
- Huge range of products, deals and sellers
- Variety of shipping options
- Competitive prices
When it comes to sourcing the right protective gear, Walmart won’t let you down. This retailer offers a wide range of products – including fabric face masks – that will help keep you and your family safe.
- Competitive prices
- Large range of products
- Sign up to get their weekly flyer for special offers direct to your inbox
- Ad match available
Peace Collective makes clothing that is proudly Canadian, while also helping to support children in need around the world.
- Offers face masks for children
- All face masks are made with multiple layers of 100% cotton
- Every item purchased from this company provides 5 school meals to a child in need
This Canadian eveningwear and bridal designer is now offering a range of elegant face masks to help you stay protected and look glamorous on your big day or special night out.
- Free shipping on eligible orders of full-priced apparel
- For every mask sold, NARCES will donate 2 or more masks to local health institutions
- Masks come with a pocket where you can place your own filter for added protection
- Lots of designs using lace, shimmer, sequins, animal print, floral designs and solid colours.
Does your company belong in this list?
Which of these retailers offer free delivery on face masks?
- Etsy: Some sellers provide free shipping
- Amazon: Free shipping widely available, especially for Prime members
- eBay: Free shipping offered by many sellers
- AliExpress: Free shipping options widely available
- Walmart: Free shipping on qualifying orders to select locations in Canada
- Peace Collective: Offers free shipping on qualifying orders over a minimum purchase amount
- NARCES: Free shipping on eligible orders of full-priced apparel
Where to buy face masks made by Canadian designers
A number of Canadian retailers – including Ellie Mae, Roots, NONIE, AI Toronto Seoul, Peace Collective and Ottawa Artisans – have been selling fashionable designer cloth face masks, some for a limited time only. Certain retailers are even donating a portion of profits to charity, making it easy to give back to others while shopping for what you need.
Below are a few examples of designers that sell cloth masks online:
Buy ruggedly stylish, durable and comfortable face masks from Canadian fashion icon, Roots. Each mask is handmade in Toronto and sells for just over $20. A portion of every sale is donated to The Frontline Fund, a charitable effort created by hospital foundation leaders to provide critical support to hospitals across Canada during COVID-19.
Kwesia sells reversible cotton face masks in trendy African-prints for $13-$15 each. Multipacks are also available for around $70. Masks can be self-tied around the head or strung behind the ears.
Stephano’s Tailor Shop
Family-owned upscale men and women’s retailer, Stephano’s Tailor Shop, is donating one mask to a local organization for each one sold. Masks cost around $14-$22 and come in a variety of styles for kids and adults.
Buy colourful print masks from Toronto-based designer Horses Atelier. Packs of 3 are available for around $50, and for each pack sold online, the company will donate to Clean Clothes, an organization that supports efforts to improve working conditions for workers in the global garment industry.
Are people required to wear face masks in Canada?
It depends on where you live. Certain cities such as Ottawa, Toronto, Kingston in Ontario have implemented bylaws requiring people to wear face masks when in public. Outside these jurisdictions, businesses and other organizations may still exercise the discretion to require customers and employees to wear face masks. In some regions, wearing a mask is mandatory when riding public transit.
The consequences for failing to follow regional rules usually involve stiff fines ranging from hundreds to thousands of dollars.
It’s expected that more cities will consider adopting similar bylaws in the future to prevent the spread of COVID-19, as per the World Health Organization’s recommendations. Previously, the WHO had issued a statement advising governments to request that people wear fabric face masks in public.
Will a fabric face mask protect me from COVID-19?
Medical-grade face masks are made using special materials like polypropylene (a type of plastic) and processes such as melt-blowing that make it difficult for particles to penetrate the materials and enter the wearer’s body. Fabric masks like cotton masks are not similarly made and provide very limited protection against respiratory droplets entering the body.
Although a fabric mask won’t provide the same level of effectiveness as an N95 or KN95 mask, the cloth is there to prevent moisture from breathing and coughing from traveling too far in the air. According to KK Cheng, a public health expert at the University of Birmingham in the UK, “It’s not to protect yourself. It’s to protect people against the droplets coming out of your respiratory tract.”
Check out this helpful page on the Government of Canada website to learn more about masks that offer the best protection during COVID-19. You can also learn about when and how to use masks from on the World Health Organization’s site.
How to wear a face mask safely
To ensure your safety and the safety of those around you, it’s important to wear your face mask properly. According to the World Health Organisation, this means washing or sanitizing your hands before touching your mask and adjusting the mask so that there are no gaps on the sides of your face.
You should also avoid touching the mask while you are wearing it and clean your hands before and after using it. The mask should be stored in a reusable bag until you are able to wash it with soap or detergent, which you should do once a day.
Looking for another type of face mask?
More on fashion & beauty
Whether you love Reformation for its style or sustainability, check out these other similar options where you can get your next look.Read more…
Check out these online destinations to find the latest in fashionable men’s shirts to fit your style and budget.Read more…
Read our honest review of this popular laser hair removal device, and find out the pros and cons of using it.Read more…
Look a million dollars with the brands that have a similar style to Gucci. Save with our promo codes.Read more…
Check out these Canadian sites like the popular American brand, Princess Polly, and start shopping with coupon codes.Read more…
See how shoe sizes for men and women compare in other countries, and learn what size you are in the UK, Europe, Australia and Japan.Read more…
Get this iconic fashion label from these online stores at discounted prices with our promo codesRead more…
Pucker up for a year’s worth of exclusive beauty savings for Sephora Beauty Insider, VIB and Rouge rewards members.Read more…
Olaplex just launched it’s newest products and here is exactly how it works. Find out what Olaplex No.6 Bond Smoother is and where to buy it.Read more…
More guides on Finder
Where to buy ethical clothing online in Canada 2021
Grab a discount code and cut costs on ethical clothing online at any of these leading stores.
Where to buy reusable coffee cups online in Canada 2021
Grab a discount code and cut costs on eco-friendly, reusable coffee cups online at any of these prime retailers.
Where to buy reusable coffee pods online in Canada 2021
Grab a discount code and cut costs on eco-friendly, reusable coffee pods online at any of these prime retailers.
Nova Scotia travel restrictions: Where you can go in May 2021
Get in the know about Nova Scotia’s travel restrictions to plan your next getaway.
Where to buy bamboo underwear online 2021
Grab a discount code and cut costs on bamboo underwear styles for men and women online at any of these prime retailers.
Where to buy teeth whitening kits online in Canada | May 2021
Grab a discount code and cut costs on the things you need to achieve a whiter and brighter smile at any of these prime online retailers.
Where to buy the PlayStation 5 in Canada 2021
Cut costs on the latest must-have PS5 games and accessories with one of our discount codes at any of these online stores.
Where to buy bamboo sheets online in Canada 2021
Grab a discount code and cut costs on bamboo sheets at any of these leading stores.
Quebec travel restrictions: Where you can go in May 2021
Keen to know what’s open again? Here’s our guide to Quebec’s travel restrictions.
Ontario travel restrictions: Where you can go in May 2021
Find out how to get out and explore with our guide to Ontario travel restrictions.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.