Fairstone Personal Loan (Secured) Review
Get access to additional funds by securing your loan against your home.
Fairstone secured loans offer competitive interest rates of between 19.99% and 23.99%. If you own your home and need to access funds for an unforeseen expense, consider a secured loan.
19.99% - 23.99%
Max. Loan Amount
Min. Credit Score
Main points to consider with a Fairstone Personal Loan (Secured)
You can apply for a secured personal loan from Fairstone for an amount between $5,000 and $35,000. Loan terms vary between 3-10 years, with interest rates set at a figure between 19.99% and 23.99%, depending on your financial circumstances.
Features of a secured personal loan from Fairstone
- Interest rates between 19.99% and 23.99%. Your interest rate is based on your credit score and a few other factors.
- Flexible loan size. Fairstone offers secured loans between $5,000 and $35,000. This limit is higher than that of an unsecured personal loan from Fairstone.
- Fast access to funds. Once you’ve been approved, you should have access to your funds within a business day.
- Loan terms. You can take up to 10 years to repay your loan. A longer loan term may result in lower payments, but you could pay more money in interest charges over time.
- Repayment options. Fairstone offers you several repayment options. You can pay bi-weekly, semi-monthly or monthly.
- Credit score. You must have a credit score above 560 to be deemed a successful applicant.
- Two-day cancellation. Once you’re approved for a secured personal loan, you only have two days to cancel without being charged extra fees.
- Fairstone loan calculator. You’ll need to enter your details into an online calculator to start the application process. This will provide you with an idea of the size of the loan you’re likely to be approved for.
- In-branch application. After you get a loan quote, you’ll be contacted by someone from Fairstone. They will talk you through the next steps of the process, but ultimately, you’ll need to visit your local branch to finish the application.
How much does the loan cost?
The total cost of your loan will depend on how much you wish to borrow, the term of your loan and the way you structure your security.
Loan fees vary across provinces and territories. Extra fees and valuations will add to the cost of your loan. The following fees may apply:
- Prepayment fees
- Home valuation
- Title examination
- Insurance fees
- Administration fees
Pros and cons
- Long loan terms
- Flexible repayment schemes
- Need to visit a branch to complete the application
- Fees, which vary by province and territory (for example, home valuation and title search)
How to apply for a Fairstone Personal Loan (Secured)
You can apply for a Fairstone Personal Loan (Secured) by clicking the green Go to site link on this page. To be eligible you must, at a minimum:
- Be a resident or citizen of Canada (excluding Nunavut)
- Be older than the age of majority in your province or territory
- Have an established credit history
- Be discharged from bankruptcy for at least seven years
When getting approved for a loan you generally need to provide:
- Identification, such as a Canadian driver’s licence, permanent resident card, Canadian passport or Canadian citizenship card
- Verification of income. You will need to demonstrate your ability to make repayments by providing a document such as a current pay stub, CPP statement or latest T4/T4a.
- Proof of housing. You will need to show a document such as a current lease, rent receipt or latest mortgage statement.