Things to do in Vancouver from $6
Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Where to book Europe bus tours
Discover the Europe bus and bus-and-tour companies with all the best deals.
Travelling across Europe by bus is one of the most economical ways to explore without having to worry about excess baggage fees.
We’ve sussed out eight trusted online booking sites that offer bus services and tours across Europe – from cheap point-to-point rides to luxurious coach and tour options.
Looking for more flexibility in your itinerary? Opt for the hop-on/hop-off bus ticket to make your trip unique to you. Prefer a guided tour with insider tips on what cool events to check out? We have options and deals that promise you the trendiest trips without breaking the bank.
Busabout offers the flexibility of a backpacking adventure across Europe but on wheels. It features an organised route with points where you can alight at your own whim.
A name you’ve no doubt heard of before, Trafalgar is an expert in carefully crafted itineraries that ensure your Europe trip is the best one yet. It’s a more luxurious way of travelling with tours that incorporate bus transport, accommodation and meals.
Book with Trafalgar
Book a Europe tour with Contiki and you are guaranteed an Instagram-worthy trip. This youthful brand caters mostly to 18-35 year olds and boasts budget-friendly tours where you’ll likely make lifetime friendships.
Book with Contiki
TourRadar brings together some of the best tours across some of the biggest brands in one place. Through it, you can compare and book multi-day bus tours to over 200 countries worldwide – including Europe.
Explore on your own time and at your own pace when you book flexible hop-on, hop-off bus tickets. These are city-based sightseeing tours that operate on specific routes and stops to let you experience the city’s highlights over a day or a couple of days.
Book with Big Bus
Top European bus companies
FlixBus boasts one of the largest bus networks in Europe with significant coverage across France, Italy, Denmark, the Netherlands and Croatia as well as regular services to Norway, Spain and England.
- Large comfortable seats and free Wi-Fi onboard
- Green buses with a minimal carbon footprint
- Trusted service provider with over 100,000 daily connections
Practically a household name in North America, Megabus is also available in select European countries, including Germany, Austria and the Netherlands. It, along with its routes, was acquired by FlixBus in 2016 and shares its network. Buses may be branded either FlixBus or Megabus; however, you’ll always be informed of this when you book.
- Flexible cancellation policy of up to 15 minutes before departure
- Digital check-in
- All passengers are allowed two items of luggage
Experience low-cost travel across 600 European destinations, including Monaco, by choosing to ride on Eurolines. The bus service offers national long-distance trips across Germany as well as international services across much of Europe.
- Countries include the UK, Spain, Russia, Sweden, Norway, Turkey and Ukraine
- School trips, group tours and charter buses are available to book
- Search specials for the lowest prices available on the site
What are the refund policies for these booking sites?
- FlixBus and Megabus: Cancellations are allowed prior to your journey, but you may incur a cancellation fee. Refunds are provided in the form of vouchers to use on future journeys. Full details of cancellation requirements are provided during booking.
- Eurolines: Tickets can be changed and refunded up to 15 minutes prior to departure. Cancellation fees apply, the amount of which depends on when you cancel. For refunds made more than 72 hours before departure, you’ll be refunded back to your payment method. For refunds made less than 72 hours before departure, your refund will be in the form of a voucher credit.
- Busabout: If cancelling more than 45 days in advance, your flex-deposit will be held with Busabout where you’ll be able to use it toward a future Busabout journey. If cancelling less than 45 days in advance, you may be refunded minus a cancellation fee.
- Contiki: Deposits are non-refundable. Any further payments made to your tour can be refunded, minus a fee that is dependent on how far in advance you cancel. Cancellations made on the day of the tour are not eligible for any refund.
- Trafalgar: For cancellations made 45 days in advance, only the deposit will be lost. Cancellations made less than 45 days in advance will incur a partial refund. Cancellations made on the day of the tour will not be refunded.
- TourRadar: Refunds vary depending on the tour operator, but most deposits are non-refundable.
- Big Bus: In the event that a service cannot be provided, a full or partial refund of your ticket is possible. Otherwise all tickets are non-refundable.
What are the luggage allowances for these booking sites?
- FlixBus and Megabus: You can carry up to 2 pieces of luggage with a total weight of 30kg
- Eurolines: You can carry 2 pieces of luggage, weighing up to 20kg each
- Busabout: You can carry 1 piece of luggage to a maximum weight of 20kg
- Contiki: You can carry up to 1 piece of luggage with a maximum weight of 20kg
- Trafalgar: You can carry 1 piece of luggage not exceeding 23kg
- TourRadar: Luggage allowance is dependent on tour operators and type of tour
- Big Bus: This is a sightseeing city-based bus, so you’re expected to have luggage on hand, but if you do, contact the bus to confirm there is ample storage space
Top deals for Europe bus tours
More guides on Finder
Newfoundland travel restrictions: Where you can go in 2022
What you need to know about the latest travel rules and restrictions in Newfoundland as well as where to stay, places to visit and how to travel around the area.
Prince Edward Island travel restrictions: Where you can go in December 2022
Important things to know before you travel to, or around, Prince Edward Island.
Yukon travel restrictions: Where you can go in December 2022
These are the current Yukon travel restrictions that you should keep in mind.
Nova Scotia travel restrictions: Where you can go in December 2022
Get in the know about Nova Scotia’s travel restrictions to plan your next getaway.
Finder’s Travel Index
Finder’s Travel Index shows more than one third (35%) or 11 million Canadians are planning to travel in summer of 2022.
Quebec travel restrictions: Where you can go in December 2022
Keen to know what’s open again? Here’s our guide to Quebec’s travel restrictions.
Ontario travel restrictions: Where you can go in December 2022
Find out how to get out and explore with our guide to Ontario travel restrictions.
Alberta travel restrictions: Where you can go in December 2022
Ready to get out and explore? Here’s our guide to Alberta’s travel restrictions.
Northwest Territories travel restrictions: Where you can go in December 2022
Find out what’s open for business and where you can travel in the Northwest Territories.
Saskatchewan travel restrictions: Where you can go in December 2022
Here’s what you need to know about travel restrictions in Canada’s breadbasket.