- Loan Term
- 6 to 12 months
- Minimum Revenue
- Make at least $15,000 per month in sales
- Minimum Time in Business
- 6 months
Econolease is a specialized private lender that provides working capital loans up to $300,000 with terms between 6 to 12 months. You get fixed repayment terms, and you can choose between daily and weekly payments.EconoLease can give financing within 3 days. You can use your business loan for restaurant renovations, inventory, repairs, emergencies, seasonality and marketing.
Less strict criteria than financial institutions
Flexible financing options
May be more expensive than banks
What is Econolease?EconoLease provides financing to more than 3,000 restaurant owners each year. It has been operating for over 30 years.
What types of financing does EconoLease provide?
- Working capital loans. Get financing to cover renovations, buy inventory make repairs pay for unexpected expenses and more.
- Equipment rentals. You can rent equipment through Econolease instead of taking out a loan to purchase it directly. Simply pick the model you want and make a monthly payment plus interest on the sale price. The benefit of this option is that 60% of every payment you make will be applied to purchasing the equipment, and you can renew your contract when your term is up.
- Equipment leasing.
- BuyNowPayLater. Buy restaurant equipment through EconoLease‘s BuyNowPayLater service. Make weekly payments with 0% financing.
- Franchise systems. EconoLease offers tailored financial solutions for chain and national accounts.
- Payment processing. You can get the Clover POS system through EconoLease.
Pros and cons
- Instant access. If you qualify for a working capital loan, you should be able to access your money in as little as 3 days.
- Competitive rates. You’ll get competitive rates on all financing options, with a fixed repayment plan designed to meet the needs of your business.
- Working capital loans. You can use your working capital loan to pay for business expenses like inventory, maintenance, emergencies and marketing.
- Rentals and leases. You can easily rent or lease equipment if you want to reduce your costs for equipment upgrades.
- Tailored to your business. EconoLease will work with you to make sure that you can qualify for the money you deserve and make your repayments.
- Good customer service. You can access a customer service agent over the phone, via email and online if you run into any issues with your application or loan.
- Repay early. You can pay off your working capital loan early without facing penalties.
- Short terms. Working capital loans have short terms, which can make them difficult to repay, depending on how much you borrow.
- Costs of doing business. You’ll need to pay interest rates on working capital loans and additional sales taxes on leases and rentals.
- Minimum monthly sales. Your monthly sales have to be at least $15,000 if you want to qualify for a working capital loan.
- Startups can’t apply. You won’t be eligible to borrow money if your business is less than 6 months old (though you may be able to rent or lease equipment).
- Industry-specific. EconoLease specializes in the food-service industry, so you may not qualify for financing if you don’t work in this sector.
Compare other business loans
Do I qualify for an EconoLease Business Loan?
Below are a few basic eligibility requirements.
- Own a business that’s been operating in Canada for at least 6 months.
- Make at least $15,000 per month in sales.
- Have a physical location.
How do I apply?
If you think you meet all of the eligibility criteria to apply for financing with EconoLease, you can do so quickly and easily.
- Choose the type of loan, lease or rental agreement that’s the best fit for your business.
- Complete the online application, which includes providing your business and personal information.
- Review and submit your application.
Required documents and information
- How much your equipment costs
- Type of business
- Legal structure of business
- Business address
- Time in business
- Business phone number
- Void cheque
- Landlord information
- Personal name
- Personal phone number
- Home address
- Rent vs. own
- Date of birth
- Driver’s licence, passport or insurance card
EconoLease works with businesses in the food-service industry to give them easy access to working capital loans along with equipment financing. Whether you are a small or large business, EconoLease will work with you to create customized financing that fits your needs.