Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Trade a number of currency pairs and contracts for difference with this specialized forex trading platform.
easyMarkets is an online trading broker with almost 2 trillion dollars’ worth of trades under its belt. It has executed orders for over 140,000 investors and is regulated in Canada by the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC).
When you sign up for easyMarkets, you’ll choose from a number of different trading platforms (including the easyMarkets platform and MetaTrader 4). This will let you trade foreign currencies, contracts for difference (CFDs) and options, depending on which type of investment you’re interested in.
- Think about this online forex trading platform if you want to trade a number of different forex instruments and you would prefer direct control over your portfolio.
- Choose something else if you’re not comfortable with using a computer or you would rather have more guidance on how to execute trades.
What investments does easyMarkets offer?
easyMarkets offers a number of different forex, contracts for difference (CFD) and options trading instruments.
- Foreign exchange. Take advantage of competitive spreads on over 70 forex pairs, including all the majors and minors.
- Cryptocurrencies. Trade in popular cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ether and Ripple’s XRP.
- Options. Buy and sell investments when they reach a certain price, depending on whether you think the market is going up or down.
- Contracts for difference. Speculate on the rise and fall of stock prices for a number of CFDs without needing to invest in actual assets.
What types of CFD trades can I make?
- Equities. Anticipate the way stock prices will change so that you can link the performance of specific companies to the trades you make.
- Indices. Forecast price changes in stock indices that group together baskets of individual company shares.
- Commodities. Predict price movements for commodities like wheat, coffee, sugar and mined products like gold or oil.
What accounts does easyMarkets offer?
easyMarkets offers three types of accounts: standard, premium and VIP. These accounts offer different spreads on exchange rates, depending on what type of account you have. The type of account you qualify for will depend on how much money you deposit.
For standard accounts, you’ll need to deposit a minimum of US$100. For premium, you’ll be on the hook for US$2,000, and for VIP, you’ll need to invest up to US$10,000. There are no account fees for any of easyMarkets accounts.
What trading platforms does easyMarkets offer?
- easyMarkets Trade. easyMarkets’ award-winning trading platform offers one-click trading with a diverse range of research options and charting tools. It comes as a desktop or mobile app so you can use it at home or on the go.
- MetaTrader 4. Take advantage of one of the most popular trading platforms in the world with MetaTrader 4. It comes with an intuitive interface, customizable layouts and a wide range of plugins.
What are the benefits of the easyMarkets Trade platform?
Unlike the MetaTrader 4 platform, easyMarkets comes with a number of unique features. These include the following:
- No slippage. Your trades won’t be executed at a different price than what you agree to even when market conditions are volatile.
- Fixed spreads. The spread you’ll pay on trades won’t fluctuate according to market conditions, which means you won’t need to worry about pricing differences.
- Guaranteed stop losses. You can rest assured that your position will be closed at a pre-agreed price.
- Negative balance protection. You’ll be able to rely on an automated adjustment of your account balance to zero in cases where it becomes negative after a stop out.
Who is easyMarkets best for?
easyMarkets’ software is designed to suit beginner and experienced investors looking to trade in forex, contracts for difference and options. It offers two main platforms to choose from and you can take advantage of a number of research tools with each one.
Both platforms can be tricky to learn how to use, so it helps if you’re relatively tech-savvy so you can learn the intricacies of each software. easyMarkets also offers a number of blog posts and webinars to help you learn more about how you can begin making more advanced trades.
How simple is easyMarkets to use?
easyMarkets uses its own trading platform alongside the ever-popular MetaTrader 4 software. Both options are functional, user friendly, and come packed with research and educational tools to help you make informed decisions about your trades. easyMarkets also provides print resources and videos to help you get started on its platform.
It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up for an account, and you can start trading as soon as you load money into your wallet. You can also test out the platform you’re interested in with a demo account that lets you spend virtual funds. This means you can get familiar with the software without spending any of your actual money.
What research does easyMarkets provide?
- Forex trade news. Receive updates on important economic announcements and events with up-to-date forex trade news.
- Market analysis. Make more informed decisions about when to buy and sell your investments with real-time market data.
- Charting tools. Use a number of advanced charting tools and technical indicators to forecast how your investments will perform.
Pricing and fees for easyMarkets accounts
You won’t need to worry about many fees with easyMarkets’ accounts. The only time you’ll have to pay extra fees is if your account becomes inactive.
- Account fees. There are no account fees as long as you’re making regular trades. That said, you’ll have to pay an inactivity fee of $25 each year that your account is dormant.
- Trade costs. You’ll have to pay the spread on any currency pair or CFD that you trade (plus a markup for easyMarkets). Spreads will fluctuate according to what the markets are doing.
Is easyMarkets safe?
easyMarkets is as safe to use as any other online forex trading platform. The company is a member of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) and the Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF). This means it’s regulated by Canadian authorities and your deposits will be protected up to a certain limit.
How does easyMarkets keep my money safe?
Customer reviews and complaints
easyMarkets has a score of 4.7 out of 5 out of almost 1,000 reviews on Trustpilot. Positive reviews indicate that easyMarkets offers an accessible platform with a number of useful research tools. Customers also seem to enjoy competitive spreads and the fact that there are no account fees.
However, some customers seem unhappy with the level of customer service on offer from easyMarkets. Many also complain that trades for some currencies are less competitive, especially if you’re dealing in minor currency pairs.
Pros and cons
How do I sign up?
If you think you meet all the eligibility criteria and you’re ready to start investing with easyMarkets, you just need to follow the steps below:
- Use the online application to provide personal information like your name, email address, proof of ID and relevant documents.
- Review and submit your application.
- Get verified and load funds into your account to start trading.
- Set up a demo account if you want to get used to the software before you invest any real money.
easyMarkets is a forex, CFD and options trading broker that offers reasonable spreads and a wealth of research tools. It uses the easyMarkets and the MetaTrader 4 platform to let you buy and sell currencies and other instruments quickly and easily. Learn more about how easyMarkets works and get started with your account today.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
7 places to invest when interest rates are low
When interest rates drop, it may be time to switch up your investment strategy.
Justwealth RESP review
Put money aside for your child’s education with this hassle-free RESP provider.
Stock market after-hours trading
Benefits, risks and brokers to consider before you try after-hours trading.
How to open an online brokerage account (plus the best brokers for beginners)
Compare and choose stock trading accounts to start buying and selling Canadian and international stocks online.
How to invest in commodities
Learn the ABCs of commodities, their market volatility and how to invest in them. Also, compare trading platforms and explore your investing options.
Loans Canada Mortgages review
Qualify for low rates on your next mortgage when you compare providers using this online loans platform.
Loans Canada Business Loan review
Get the best rates for your business loan when you compare lenders using this innovative online platform.
How to find the best stock trading platform for online investing
Research and compare the best stock trading platforms to find the right one for your financial needs.
ETFs vs index funds
ETFs and index funds might appear to be exactly the same, but they have some key differences. Find out what they are and how they’re traded.
How can bitcoin compete in the money transfer market?
Is Bitcoin a viable way to transfer money? Learn how it compares to more traditional services here.