Eastlink Internet review
Lock in high-speed Internet with unlimited data when you sign up with this reputable telecom provider.
All of Eastlink‘s Internet plans come with unlimited Internet, so you’ll never have to worry about overage charges.
Are you looking to sign up for high-speed Internet? You can take advantage of Eastlink‘s wide array of Internet plans if you live in certain Canadian provinces. Plan prices will vary based on where you’re located but can range anywhere from 100Mbps for $79.95 to 1Gbps for $119.95 per month.
These prices are typically only valid in the first 24 months before rising. Find out more about how you might benefit from an Eastlink Internet plan and learn which one might be the best fit for your unique set of needs.
- Speed. Ranges from 100Mbps to 1Gbps.
- Starting price. Starts from $79.95 per month for a 100Mbps plan (but prices may vary by province).
- Minimum contract. You can only pay on a two-year contract, and your prices will go up after the 24-month promotional period.
What is Eastlink?
Eastlink is a reputable telecom company that offers high-speed Internet to small communities across Canada. The price and type of plan you’ll be able to get will vary by province, so you’ll need to check out Eastlink‘s website to figure out how much you’ll have to pay and whether you can qualify for services in your area.
All of Eastlink‘s plans offer unlimited data and require you to sign up for a two-year contract. This means that you’ll have to pay a cancellation fee if you want to cancel your service or switch to another provider. You’ll also have to pay an installation fee when you sign up unless you choose to install your modem yourself.
Which provinces offer Eastlink Internet services?
You can sign up for Eastlink Internet in BC, Alberta, Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and PEI. You won’t be able to access these services if you live in Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Quebec or the Territories.
What plans does Eastlink offer?
Eastlink offers a number of plans based on where you’re located. It also services smaller communities that may not have access to many Internet providers. Some examples of plans for certain communities are listed below to show how prices can vary between provinces. These prices are promotional and may increase when your contract expires.
Alberta (Grande Prairie)
Internet 100 Unlimited
Very fast speed for downloading and uploading in medium-sized households.
Internet 150 Unlimited
Lightning fast speed for instant downloads and uninterrupted streaming.
Internet 300 Unlimited
One of the fastest download and upload speeds for streaming, gaming, sharing files and more.
Internet 1Gbps Unlimited
Hyper-fast speed that allows for instant downloads, high-intensity gaming and uninterrupted streaming for multiple users.
Does Eastlink allow bundling?
Eastlink will let you bundle several of its Internet plans with your home phone or TV. You’ll get a discounted promotional price in your first two years of service, and you may be able to get a $50 credit when you sign up and you can also save money by bundling your services (as of 13 July 2020).
What other features should I know about?
You can take advantage of a number of useful features when you sign up for Eastlink Internet services.
- Free self-installation. You can save money on installation fees if you choose to install your modem yourself.
- Bundling services. You’ll be able to save money by bundling your Internet with your home phone and TV.
- Unlimited data. All of Eastlink‘s Internet plans come with unlimited Internet, so you’ll never have to worry about overage charges.
- Internet security package. Internet security for up to 10 devices is included in all of Eastlink‘s Internet packages.
- Full-home coverage. You can sign up for Wi-Fi Perfected to make sure your whole house has full-bar coverage with no dead spots (for a monthly fee).
- No modem fee. The cost of renting your modem is built into your monthly payment.
What to watch out for
Not available in some provinces. You won’t be able to get Eastlink Internet if you live in Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Quebec or the Territories.
- High prices. You’ll pay more with Eastlink to get your Internet than you will with some other budget providers, even with its promotional prices.
- Contracts are mandatory. You’ll have to sign up for a two-year contract if you want to take advantage of Eastlink Internet.
- Cancellation fees. You’ll pay $15 for every month that’s remaining on your term if you decide to cancel your Internet early.
- Variable pricing. You’ll pay different prices based on where you live, which can make it difficult to pin down the cost of your service.
- Promotional pricing. Your prices will go up significantly as soon as your contract ends (which is after 24 months).
How do I sign up with Eastlink?
- Visit Eastlink‘s website and fill in your address to find out what plans are offered in your area.
- Call customer service or contact Eastlink by email to get more information about the sign-up process.
- Once you’re signed up, log into your Eastlink My Account to pay your bills and make adjustments to the features of your plan.
Compare other internet service providers
Eastlink is a reputable Internet provider that works in various communities across Canada. It offers high-speed Internet plans that start at $79.955, based on where you’re located. Just be aware that Eastlink requires you to sign onto a 2-year contract and you’ll have to pay more for your monthly bills once your 24-month promotional period expires.