Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Desjardins Visa Cash Back and Desjardins Mastercard Cash Back review
Earn cash back on everyday purchases with your choice of either a Desjardins Visa or Mastercard credit card.
The Desjardins Visa and Mastercard Cash Back credit cards are a good option for Canadians who want to earn up to 2% cash back on their purchases. There is no annual fee with these cards, so you don’t need to worry about extra costs while earning cash back.
- Consider getting one of these credit cards if you enjoy cash back rewards without paying an annual fee or if you have any other financial services with Desjardins.
- Choose a different card if you’re looking for a higher rate of return or a more robust rewards program that offers travel perks.
- You only need to be a Canadian resident and the age of majority in your province or territory of residence to apply for one of these cards.
If you make everyday purchases using a credit card, then you might want to check out the Desjardins Visa and Mastercard Cash Back credit cards.
- Zero liability in the event of fraud. You will not be liable for fraudulent transactions made against your card.
- Mobile payment. Use Apple Pay or Google Pay to pay for purchases.
- Good cash advances. receive up to 15% off select Hertz locations worldwide
- Purchase protection and extended warranty. Get protection on most personal property/gifts purchased with your card, up to a lifetime maximum of $50,000 per account.
- Free coverage for short trips. Receive travel insurance on trips of three days or less that are outside your province of residence.
- Travel assistance. Receive free, 24/7 travel support from anywhere around the world.
- Car rental discounts. receive up to 15% off select Hertz locations worldwide
- Additional card. Get an extra card for a family member or spouse at no extra cost.
What to watch out for
- High interest rates. Interest rates sit at 19.9% on outstanding balances, which is around 7% higher than lower interest credit cards.
- Short travel insurance. With only three days on out-of-province/country travel insurance, you’ll have to purchase a separate travel insurance plan for longer trips.
- Cancelling your card. If you choose to cancel your Desjardins Cash Back credit card, you’ll have 90 days to redeem your cash back.
- Grace period. There is a 21-day grace period to pay your credit card bill without incurring credit charges.
- Currency exchange fees. You’ll pay a 2.5% currency exchange fee if converting to another foreign currency.
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Head to the Desjardins website to begin your application.
- Select whether you want to apply for either the Visa or Mastercard and then complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, social insurance number (SIN), birth date, employment status and other pertinent information.
- Review and submit your application.