Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Desjardins Elegance Gold Visa credit card review
Earn BONUSDOLLARS rewards on your everyday purchases with this low-cost Visa card from Desjardins.
No longer offered in the market
The Desjardins Elegance Gold Visa credit card is no longer available. However, we’ve kept the information online for those who are interested.
You can compare more Desjardins credit cards here.
The Desjardins Elegance Gold Visa credit card is a solid choice for Canadians who want to earn 1% on everyday purchases with Desjardins‘ rewards program, BONUSDOLLARS. This low-cost card comes with a $30 annual fee.
- Think about this card if you want a low-cost credit card where you can earn points that you can redeem for various perks, including travel.
- Consider a different card if you want a higher rate of return or more comprehensive travel perks.
- You need to be a Canadian resident and the age of majority in your province or territory of residence to apply for this card.
If you make everyday purchases using a credit card, you might want to be rewarded for it by earning points using Desjardins‘ rewards program, BONUSDOLLARS.
- BONUSDOLLARS program. For every dollar you spend, 1% of it will go towards Desjardins’ rewards program, BONUSDOLLARS, which you can redeem for various rewards
- Zero fraud liability. You are not liable for fraudulent transactions made against your card.
- Mobile payment. Use Apple Pay or Google Pay to conveniently tap and pay with your phone.
- Great cash advances. Receive up to $5,000 a day from anywhere in the world.
- Purchase protection and extended warranty. Get protection on most personal property/gifts purchased with your card, up to a lifetime maximum of $50,000 per account
- Mobile device insurance. Receive up to $1,000 if your cell phone/smartphone/tablet device is lost, stolen, accidentally damaged or has a mechanical failure.
- Free coverage on shorter trips. Receive travel insurance on trips of three days or less that are outside your province of residence
- Travel assistance. Receive free, 24/7 travel support from anywhere around the world.
- Car rental discounts. Get up to 15% off your booking from select Hertz locations around the world
- Additional card. Get an extra card for a family member or spouse at no extra cost.
- Accord D. For bigger purchases, receive quick and flexible assistance using Desjardins‘ dedicated financing program, Accord D.
- Monthly statements. Receive your monthly account statements online at no extra cost.
What to watch out for
- Annual fees. You’ll have to pay an annual fee of $30 with this credit card.
- High interest rates. Interest rates are high at 19.9% on outstanding balances.
- Short travel insurance. This card only provides three days of out-of-province/country travel insurance, so you’ll have to purchase a separate travel insurance plan for longer trips.
- Cancelling your card. If you choose to cancel your Desjardins Elegance Gold Visa credit card, you’ll have 90 days
to redeem your BONUSDOLLARS before they expire.
- Grace period. There is a 21-day grace period to pay your credit card bill without incurring credit charges.
- Currency exchange fees. You’ll pay a 2.5% currency exchange fee if converting to another currency.
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Head to the Desjardins website to begin your application.
- Complete the application, which includes providing all of the required documents and information listed above.
- Review and submit your application.