Currency Online money transfers
Currency Online allows you to make overseas payments, track those payments and manage your account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Canadians can access “buy now, pay now” spot transfers, with the exception of residents of Quebec. Currently, 21 currencies are offered and currency exchange rates update every 5 seconds, with competitive prices and payment completing in 1-3 business days.
- Canadian Dollars (CAD)
- United States Dollar (USD)
- Great British Pound (GBP)
- Euro (EUR)
- Japanese Yen (JPY)
- Australian Dollar (AUD)
- New Zealand Dollars (NZD)
- Swiss Francs (CHF)
- Czech Republic Koruna (CZK)
- Danish Krone (DKK)
- Fijian Dollars (FJD)
- Hong Kong Dollars (HKD)
- Hungarian Forint (HUF)
- Mexican Peso (MXN)
- Norwegian Krone (NOK)
- Phillipine Peso (PHP)
- Polish Zloty (PLN)
- Swedish Krona (SEK)
- Singapore Dollars (SGD)
- Thai Baht (THB)
- South African Rand (ZAR)
Transaction fees depend on your currency as well as how much you transfer, with zero fees applied to certain amounts. For example, if you sell more than $12,000 you will void the transaction fee, while if you sell less than that amount you will be charged a $12 fee. Currency Online offers 24/7 services, with a toll-free help desk available to answer questions and provide assistance between 7am and 8pm NZT, Monday to Friday.
Currency Online foreign exchange rates
Currency Online updates foreign exchange rates every five seconds so that you have the most up-to-the-minute information when transferring money. Under their Market Watch tool, you can track conversions in real time and monitor rate fluctuations as they happen. You can also set up rate alerts to track areas of interest. For everything else, they offer online and e-mail commentaries as well as Twitter updates to make sure that you have all the information you need right at your fingertips.
How much does it cost to transfer money?
Every client receives their first transfer for free. After that, transaction fees depend on type of currency and transfer amount, with zero fees applied at set levels. As mentioned above, if you sell more than $10,000, fees will be null and void, but if you transfer less than that amount, you will pay a nominal fee. This fee will vary depending on your mode of transfer (ie. online or over the phone) so make sure to keep that in mind when checking rate tables. While Currency Online offers information about fees on their website, under ‘Services: Fees/Charges’, you can also contact them directly to double check rates.
Minimum transfer amount and available countries
One of the unique feature of Currency Online is that they don’t set minimum transfer amounts, unlike many other online services, which gives you the freedom to set your own limits. That being said, keep in mind that when you send a small amount, like $20 for example, it will accompany a $12-$20 transaction fee, which almost doubles your bill.
As far as available countries go, there are currently 21 currencies available, listed in the tables above. Currency Online doesn’t offer currency transfer to residents in the United States and Canada (Quebec). Those located outside of the United States and Canada can still use Currency Online to make international payments to and from the United States and Canada.
The registration and transfer process
Registering for a free personal or business account with Currency Online is simple. Head over to their website, and select ‘Register’ in the top right hand corner. Enter your personal details and forecast transfer amounts. Once you have set up your account, you will need to upload a proof of address before transferring funds.
Why choose Currency online International Money Transfers?
- Competitive. Get more bang for your buck with live exchange rates.
- Safe and secure. Protect your money with registered first-ranking security and best practice compliance guidelines.
- Easy to use. Manage your finances with do it yourself service and accessible support.
What other products and services does Currency online offer?
- Market orders. Select a predetermined rate for Currency Online to monitor and if the market reaches the agreed upon rate you enter into a transaction contract. Market orders can be placed, modified and cancelled free-of-charge, but once set rate is locked in they become a binding contract.
- Multiple payments. Pay multiple recipients within one transaction or from the money held in your account. A handy tool for paying more than one person or supplier at a time.
- Market information. Access the latest market information through daily online commentaries, exchange rate graphs, rate alerts, online currency converter and regular Twitter updates.
- Payment services. Add beneficiary bank accounts online to streamline payments and automatically notify beneficiaries of payment through e-mail. View lifetime account history (including currency conversions, payments and receipts) online 24 hours a day.
Frequently asked questions
- Why should I use Currency Online rather than my bank? Currency Online are specialists in online and international money transfers. Unlike your bank, this service operates from an online platform for minimal overhead fees, so they can pass on savings to customers in the form of better rates and lower fees.
- What type of service does Currency Online offer? Although Currency Online has a do it yourself model, they offer customer service in the form of a toll-free hotline and online chat.
- What if I’ve never done foreign exchange before? Currency Online has Customer Relationship Managers on hand to help you get started. They also offer a User Guide online, under ‘Help Centre’.