Credit Verify review
Get instant access to your credit score online so you know where you stand before you apply for a loan or credit card.
Whether you’re looking to qualify for a loan or take out a second credit card, chances are you’ll need to know your credit score. That’s where Credit Verify comes in.
What services does Credit Verify provide?Credit Verify gives you easy access to your credit score for a monthly fee. It also provides a customized credit report, so you can see how good you are at paying back all of the debts you owe on time. You can use this report to improve your financial health and make sure there aren’t any errors on your file that could bring your score down.
You can also use Credit Verify‘s credit score simulator to make a projection based on what might happen if you take certain financial actions. This could include looking at what your credit score might do if you apply for a mortgage, finance a new vehicle, open a line of credit or get an additional credit card.
If you’re looking for up-to-the-minute information about your credit score, Credit Verify also offers an additional credit monitoring service. With this, you can access graphs and other tools designed to keep track of trends in your credit history. You’ll also get email alerts about any updates to your credit report, including if someone applies for an account in your name.
How does Credit Verify have access to this information?Credit Verify is powered by TransUnion, one of Canada’s biggest credit bureaus. TransUnion calculates your score using the VantageScore model, which is based on credit report data from across bureaus.
This model has a scale that ranges from 350 to 820, with anything below 650 being counted as bad credit. Where you sit on this scale will determine your general ability to qualify for lending or credit requests.
Credit Verify fees and rewards
While you can sign up for Credit Verify for $1 for your first 7 days, once this trial period ends you’ll have to pay a monthly fee of $24.95. This will be automatically charged to your credit card, so be sure to pay attention to your statements.
To offset this fee, Credit Verify offers $25 in bonus rewards every month for active members. You can use these rewards to get discounts on everything from shopping and entertainment to dining and travel. And if you don’t think the service is right for you anymore, you can cancel your registration by calling Credit Verify or by mailing a written request to their office.
How to apply
It’s easy to apply for a Credit Verify account and you can start for as little as $1. Once you’ve registered, you’ll get a trial period of 7 days, after which you’ll pay $24.95 per month to keep your account active.
- Click the “go to site” link above or click here to be safely redirected to signup for an account.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, home address and credit card information.
- Create a username and password.
- Review and submit your application.
You may also be asked to provide two pieces of government-issued ID to verify your identity. These can include your driver’s licence, health card, birth certificate, passport or bank statement.
Pros and cons
- Instant access. You’ll be able to access your credit score online as soon as you sign up.
- Comprehensive reporting. Credit Verify gives you a detailed credit report based on data from one of Canada’s largest credit bureaus (TransUnion).
- Regular monitoring. You’ll know what’s happening on your account at all times, which can help with fraud detection.
- Forecasting tools. You can use Credit Verify‘s credit score simulator to find out how future decisions might impact your score.
- Advice on error resolution. If you detect errors on your report, you’ll get personalized advice on how you might be able to resolve them with the credit bureau.
- Monthly reward. You’ll get $25 in reward dollars every month, so you can save money on shopping, entertainment, restaurants and more.
- Easy cancellation. If you’re unhappy with the service, you can cancel at any time, although there may be a cut-off date to prevent the next month’s charge.
- Monthly fee. You’ll need to pay a fee of $24.95 per month to keep your account active.
- No data from other credit bureaus. You won’t find out how your score is assessed through other credit bureaus like Equifax.
- No email cancellation. You can only cancel your account by calling one of Credit Verify‘s offices or by sending a written request through the mail.