Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Compare TD Aeroplan Visa cards
Earn Aeroplan Points faster when you shop for everyday purchases with a TD Aeroplan Visa card.
TD Aeroplan Visa cards come with a host of benefits and can help you earn more Aeroplan points for every dollar you spend. Below you can compare features of TD Aeroplan Visa cards like fees, points and benefits to find the best fit for your needs and lifestyle.
How do TD Aeroplan Visa cards work?
TD Aeroplan Visa cards work just like any other points credit card. You spend money and get Aeroplan points added to your account depending on how much you spend and what type of card you have. You’ll also get the chance to earn more points per dollar when you spend money with Aeroplan partners or at the Aeroplan eStore.
What are the benefits of TD Aeroplan cards?
All of TD’s Aeroplan Visa cards come with comprehensive travel insurance and a number of travel perks. For example, every card comes with coverage such as common carrier, baggage/flight delay, hotel burglary and car rental insurance.
Depending on the individual card, you’ll also get unique benefits, especially with higher annual fee cards. These can include travel perks such as lounge access and free checked baggage on Air Canada flights, along with complimentary insurance like travel medical insurance.
Which TD Aeroplan Visa card is the best for me?
That depends on a number of factors. These include how much you want to spend on your annual fee, how many points you want to earn and what benefits you’d like to get with your card. It’s up to you to compare cards to find the one that offers the best mix of fees, points and benefits for your personal situation.
Based on a number of factors, our top TD Aeroplan Visa card pick overall is the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card. It has a balance of a comparatively low annual fee and solid travel perks. Read our full guide to see even more Aeroplan credit card options.
Deciding if a Aeroplan card is the right fit for you
There are several popular frequent flyer programs in Canada to choose from, so you’ll want to make sure Aeroplan makes the most sense for you. You can start by comparing the following features to inform your choice.
- Partner companies. Lock in the frequent flyer plan that has the biggest network of partner stores that you use most often.
- Partner airlines. Explore the selection of participating airlines that each program works with to make sure you can book the flight you want with the airline you prefer.
- Available rewards. Check out each program’s “rewards store” to find out what you can use your points to purchase.
How to compare TD Aeroplan Visa cards
If you think that you could benefit from a TD Aeroplan Visa card, you should do some research to figure out which card might be the best fit. Some of the features you can compare to get started include the following:
- Return on points. Think about how many points you can earn for every dollar you spend and weigh that against the annual fee.
- Welcome bonuses. Check how many bonus points you’ll get with each card when you sign up and settle on the best offer.
- Perks and benefits. Figure out if you want to pay an annual fee to get a ton of benefits or if you’d prefer a basic card for no annual fee.
- Interest rates. Calculate what you’ll have to pay in interest on outstanding balances and avoid paying more than 19.99%.
- Annual fee. Decide how much you’re willing to pay for your annual fee in exchange for additional points and benefits.
- Other fees. Read the fine print to see what other fees you’ll pay, and find a card that won’t charge you more for certain types of transactions or services.
How to earn Aeroplan points on your Visa card
It’s easy to earn Aeroplan points on your TD Aeroplan credit card – all you need to do is spend money on your card. To maximize the number of points you can earn, try the following:
- Compare your TD Aeroplan credit card options. Compare the cards on offer to find the best combination of points and benefits for the lowest annual fee.
- Pay more for a premium credit card. Aim to get a premium TD Aeroplan card to get a higher return on points along with a wide range of travel benefits.
- Track down the best welcome offer. Grab the card that offers the most points right off the bat so you can save up for the rewards you want.
- Shop at partner stores. Aim to shop with partner stores to earn twice the points on every purchase.
- Shop online at Aeroplan’s eStore. Choose to shop online with hundreds of retailers in Aeroplan’s eStore to earn double the points on all of your purchases.
- Order additional cards. Order additional TD Aeroplan credit cards for your loved ones or employees to use so they can help you earn points faster. Note that you may be charged a fee for each additional card, and there may be a limit to the number of additional cards you can have.
How to redeem your Aeroplan points
When you’ve got a good collection of points, you can exchange them for travel or other rewards using your Aeroplan account. All you need to do is sign into the Aeroplan rewards page with your Aeroplan number and password. From there, you can book flights or purchase merchandise, gift cards and other rewards through Aeroplan’s online catalogue.
If you’re not sure how to log in to your account, you can also call Aeroplan’s customer service desk to ask for assistance. They’ll be able to help you cash in your points or give you more information about how to do so through the online platform. Just be sure to have your Aeroplan membership number handy to speed up the process.
What other rewards can I get?
In addition to flights, you can qualify for a number of different rewards with Aeroplan once you collect enough points.
- Travel packages. Use your points to book an all-inclusive vacation or cruise.
- Hotel accommodation. Cash your points in for an overnight stay with several hotels.
- Car rentals. Exchange your points to rent a car with Avis or Budget.
- Merchandise. Redeem your points for merchandise in Aeroplan’s rewards catalogue.
- Entertainment. Trade in your points for tickets to special events and activities.
- Gift cards. Use your points to get gift cards to spend in reputable stores.
- Charitable donations. Transfer your points into a cash donation for your favourite charity.
Compare other Aeroplan credit cards
TD offers a full suite of Aeroplan Visa cards to help you earn Aeroplan points (formerly called Aeroplan Miles) wherever you shop. These cards come with a variety of benefits and features, depending on which card you choose. Compare the features Visa TD Aeroplan cards to find the one that’s the best fit for your unique set of needs and lifestyle.
Find out more about other Aeroplan credit cards on offer in our full guide here.
Frequently asked questions about TD Aeroplan Visa cards
Where can I collect the most Aeroplan points?
You’ll collect the most points when you shop in-person with Aeroplan partners or make purchases online from retailers listed in Aeroplan’s eStore. You can also keep an eye out for special Aeroplan promotions that will let you earn 3-10 times the points when you spend money on your card.
Where can I use my Aeroplan points?
You can earn the most points by shopping with Aeroplan’s list of partners. These include a number of airlines, hotels and car rental companies. They also include in-store retailers such as Home Hardware as well as over 100 online retailers that partner with Aeroplan’s eStore.
Will my Aeroplan points expire?
Yes. Your Aeroplan Miles can expire if you fail to accumulate or redeem Aeroplan points for 18 consecutive months.
Can I apply for a TD Aeroplan Visa card online?
Yes. You can apply online for the TD Aeroplan Visa card of your choice by visiting the TD website.
More guides on Finder
TD Aeroplan Visa Business Card Review
Earn Aeroplan points for business purchases and enjoy a suite of travel benefits with this premium travel card.
TD Rewards Visa Card Review
Are you looking for credit card rewards with no annual fee? See what the TD Bank Rewards Visa card has to offer.
TD Platinum Travel Visa Card Review
Get reward points, travel insurance, airport lounge access and more with the TD Platinum Travel Visa Card.
TD Cash Back Visa Infinite Card Review
Get cash back, travel insurance and more with the TD Bank Cash Back Visa Infinite Card.
TD Emerald Flex Rate Visa Card Review
Apply today to save money with a low variable annual interest rate based on your credit score.
TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card review
Earn more Aeroplan points on every dollar with the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card.
TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum Card Review
Earn Aeroplan points and other travel benefits with the TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum Card.
TD Cash Back Visa Card Review
Looking for a no-fee card? Save money and get cash back on everyday purchases with the TD Bank Cash Back Visa* Card.
TD US Dollar Visa Card Review
Avoid foreign currency conversion fees when you shop in the US with the TD Bank U.S. Dollar Visa Card.