This article contains links to products or services from one or more of our advertisers or partners. We may receive a commission when you click or make a purchase using our site. Learn more about how we make money.
Cogeco Internet review
Get fast Internet packages for reasonable prices with this trusted Canadian telecom company
Are you looking to switch Internet providers or lower your monthly bills? You might like to check out Cogeco. This trusted telecom company provides Internet services to residents of Ontario and Quebec. It offers plans starting at $73 a month (with a rebate if you bundle your services).
Find out more about what type of Cogeco Internet plans are on offer and learn what you’ll need to do to sign up for an account.
- Speed. Ranges from 15Mbps to 1Gbps.
- Starting price. Starts from $73 per month, depending on what speed you want.
- Minimum contract. You’ll only be able to pay on a month-to-month plan.
- Offers. You can get a monthly rebate on certain packages if you bundle your Cogeco Internet with your TV and home phone.
What is Cogeco?
Cogeco is a reputable telecom company based in Montreal that offers Internet services to residents of Ontario and Quebec. It has a number of plans ranging from 15Mbps to 1Gbps, though higher speed plans are only available in certain areas. Prices start at $73 per month and you’ll get a rebate on most plans that will vary based on which plan you choose and whether you bundle your services.
What plans does Cogeco offer?
Cogeco offers several different plans that may be suitable for you, depending on how fast you want your Internet to be and what you need it for:
- 15Mbps plan. This plan is designed for light Internet users. It costs $73 per month with a $25 rebate if you bundle your services. It also has a monthly data cap of 95GB.
- 40Mbps plan. You'll get faster download speeds with this plan. It costs $83 per month, but you may qualify for a rebate of $18 per month if you're a new customer.
- 60Mbps plan.This plan will work for online gaming and streaming on multiple devices. It costs $98 per month, but you'll get a $23 discount on this price in your first 24 months.
- 120Mbps plan.This plan lets you stream and play games in HD. It costs $103 per month with a $23 monthly rebate for 24 months and no caps on how much data you can use.
- 360Mbps plan. This plan offers ultrafast speeds and instant downloads. It doesn't have a price listed on the Cogeco website and it's only available in certain areas.
- 1Gbps plan. This is the fastest Internet speed on offer from Cogeco. It's only available in limited locations and doesn't have a price listed on the website.
Does Cogeco allow bundling?
You can get a monthly rebate on certain packages if you bundle your Cogeco Internet with your TV and home phoneDiscounts will usually be between $10 and $20 per month, depending on which services you order. You may also qualify for discounts on your Internet package by itself if you’re a new Cogeco customer.
What other features should I know about?
You’ll be able to qualify for a number of different add-ons when you sign up for Cogeco Internet services:
- No long-term contracts. You won’t have to sign a contract so you cancel your Internet for free at any time.
- Unlimited data. Lock in unlimited data on higher-speed Cogeco Internet plans for no monthly fee.
- Wi-Fi hotspots. Get free access to Cogeco’s large network of Wi-Fi hotspots in parks, cafés and businesses throughout Ontario and Quebec.
- Security services. Protect your online activity with a package of customized security services offered exclusively by Cogeco.
- Technical support. Take advantage of dedicated support for all of your technical questions with Cogeco’s top-notch customer service department.
- Online account. Track your bill payments and monitor your Internet use with Cogeco’s easy-to-use My Account app.
What to watch out for
- Only available in certain provinces. Cogeco Internet plans are only available in Ontario and Quebec
- Fee for installation. You’ll have to pay a fee to have a technician come out to install your Internet (but you can choose to install it yourself for free).
- Usage caps. Some plans come with data caps meaning you’ll have to restrict how much you use the Internet each month.
- Prices can change. Prices for your plan may increase during your subscription, so you won’t necessarily maintain a fixed rate for the duration of your service.
- Limited extras. There are limited options for extras like wall-to-wall Wi-Fi coverage.
How do I sign up with Cogeco?
- Click “Go to site” on this page to be securely directed to the Cogeco Internet sign-up page.
- Fill in your address to find out what services Cogeco offers in your location.
- Complete your application with personal details that include your name, email address and birth date.
- Review and submit your application and wait to hear from Cogeco about your eligibility.
- Once you’re approved, sign up for a Cogeco My Account to manage your bills online and pay for your Cogeco Internet.
Cogeco offers fast-speed Internet to residents of Ontario and Quebec. Plans start at $73 per month and go up from there depending on how fast you want your Internet to be. You may also be able to qualify for monthly rebates on your bill in your first 12 months or when you bundle your Internet with Cogeco TV or home phone services.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
TD Aeroplan Visa Business Card Review
Earn Aeroplan Points for business purchases and enjoy a suite of travel benefits with this premium travel card.
Coast Capital car loan review
Get competitive interest rates and top-notch customer service with this reputable car loan provider.
Eastern Loans Review
Find out how you can qualify for up to $1,000 with a payday loan from this online provider.
Travelers car insurance review
Learn how you can get cheap premiums for your car insurance with this well-known provider.
Eastlink Internet review
Enjoy high-speed Internet up to 1Gbps when you sign up with this reputable telecom company.
The Personal Auto Insurance review
Looking for an affordable group car insurance policy? You may qualify for special discounts with this reputable provider.
Scotiabank business loan review
Get the money you need to purchase fixed assets and real estate for your company with a small business loan from Scotiabank.
TD small business loan review
Find out how you can qualify for financing to purchase new assets for your business with this reputable bank.
Purple Cow Internet Review
Enjoy affordable high-speed Internet service with this reputable telecom company based in Nova Scotia.
Primus Internet review
Pay zero activation fees and get high-speed Internet when you sign up with this Canada-wide telecom company.