Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Coextro Internet review
Sign up for a range of affordable Internet plans with this Ontario-based telecom company.
Are you looking for an affordable Internet provider in Ontario? If you live in an apartment complex or condo, you might benefit from Coextro Internet. This budget telecom company offers plans starting from $20 per month for speeds up to 15Mbps.
You can also get speeds up to 500Mbps if you’re willing to spend more each month. Keep reading to find out how you might be able to benefit from a Coextro Internet plan and how to get started.
- Speed. Ranges from 15Mbps to 500Mbps.
- Starting price. Prices start at $20 per month.
- Minimum contract. Coextro only offers month-to-month contracts.
- Offers. You’ll get a $25 credit whenever you successfully refer a friend to Coextro
What is Coextro?
Coextro is an innovative telecom company that operates exclusively in Ontario. It runs its services on a fibre optic network and works with multiple apartment buildings and condos across the city to bring you high-speed Internet. You can find out if your building qualifies by inputting your address into Coextro‘s website.
The price of your Internet will vary and you’ll get access to different speeds based on where you’re located. Coextro offers a best-price guarantee for its services and offers all of its Internet plans on a month-to-month basis, which means you can cancel at any time without penalty.
What plans does Coextro offer?
Coextro offers a handful of main Internet plans but the services and prices you’ll qualify for will depend on your specific address.
From $20 per month
Quick speed for sharing, streaming and working from multiple devices
From $30 per month
High speed for large households with several users and devices
From $50 per month
One of the fastest download and upload speeds for streaming, gaming, sharing files and more
Does Coextro allow bundling?
There doesn’t seem to be an option to bundle your services on the Coextro website. This could be because the company already offers Internet prices well below the industry average. That said, you can save money by referring friends to Coextro.
What other features should I know about?
You can take advantage of many different features when you sign up with Coextro.
- Low prices. You’ll be able to qualify for very low prices with this service, though it doesn’t offer many extra features or benefits.
- Unlimited data. There are no overage charges or additional fees that you’ll have to pay for going over your data.
- No contracts. You’ll never have to sign on to a contract, which means you can cancel at any time without having to pay a cancellation fee.
- All-day tech support. You’ll be able to call tech support between 9am and 9pm EST to get help with your account.
- Friend referrals. You’ll get a $25 credit whenever you successfully refer a friend to Coextro
- Best-price guarantee. You may be able to get Coextro to match the prices on offer from other providers if you’re set on using its service.
What to watch out for
- Restricted to Ontario. You’ll only be able to take advantage of Coextro‘s services if you live in Ontario.
- Limited to certain buildings. You may not be able to sign up for Coextro Internet if your building is already working with another fibre optic provider.
- Hardware rental costs. You’ll have to pay additional fees to rent or purchase the hardware necessary for you to run your Internet.
- Prices may vary. The prices you’ll pay will depend on your address and the service availability at your location.
- Prices are promotional. The advertised rates are often only available for 3 months, after which the price of your service will go up.
How do I sign up with Coextro?
- Visit Coextro‘s website and fill in your address to find out if you can get service to your building.
- Order your Coextro Internet online or by calling into Coextro‘s customer service department.
- Arrange a technician to come out to install the hardware and activate your plan.
- Sign up for an account with Coextro to manage your bills.
Coextro is an Ontario-based telecom company that provides high-speed Internet for budget prices. It offers its services exclusively to select apartment buildings and condos in the province. You’ll just need to keep in mind that the prices on Coextro‘s website are promotional and may go up over time. You also won’t have access to this service unless your building is linked up to Coextro‘s fibre optic network.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
BMO Plus Chequing Account review
Enjoy 25 free transactions per month and pay a low monthly fee for this basic chequing account.
BMO AIR MILES Chequing Account Review
Collect AIR MILES Reward Miles for making purchases and paying bills with this loyalty chequing account.
BMO Premium Rate Savings Account Review
Earn interest on your savings for no monthly fee with this popular BMO bank account.
BMO Practical Chequing Account review
Enjoy 12 free transactions per month for one low monthly fee with this basic chequing account.
RBC U.S. High Interest eSavings Account Review
Earn a high interest rate on your US savings and pay zero monthly fees to sign up for this account.
RBC Preferred Money Market Savings Account
Earn a high interest rate on your US savings and get six free debits per month when you sign up for this cross-border savings account.
RBC Signature No Limit Banking Account Review
Get a number of perks and executive banking services with this everyday account for a reasonable monthly fee.
RBC Student Banking Account Review
Enjoy a number of student perks and pay no monthly fees for this basic chequing account.
RBC No Limit Banking Account Review
Get unlimited free transactions and RBC ATM withdrawals with this low-fee chequing account.
Coast Capital car loan review
Get competitive interest rates and top-notch customer service with this reputable car loan provider.