Clear Trust Mortgages review
- Interest Rate (APR)
Clear Trust operates an online mortgage platform that lets you compare financing options side-by-side. You just need to input some personal details to find out which type of mortgage is the best fit for you.
Whether you’re looking to buy your first home or you want to renew your mortgage, it makes sense to compare lenders to find the best rates. This can take a bit of extra time, but it has the potential to save you thousands of dollars in the long run.
If you want to speed up this process, you can sign up for an online mortgage broker like Clear Trust. This will let you compare the rates on offer from multiple lenders so that you can get the financing you need for the best price on the market.
How does Clear Trust work?
Clear Trust operates an online mortgage platform that lets you compare financing options side-by-side. You just need to input some personal details to find out which type of mortgage is the best fit for you. Then you’ll be matched with a list of customized rates from lenders that are willing to finance you.
Once you’ve decided on your ideal mortgage, Clear Trust will handle the paperwork for you. You’ll also be paired with an expert who will give you guidance and up-to-date information about what the application process entails from start to finish.
How is a mortgage broker different from the bank?
Banks are direct lenders that offer fixed and variable rates for different types of mortgages. They don’t compare lenders for you but instead offer their own financial products. These products typically come with higher rates than what you might get with an alternative lender.
Mortgage brokers are third-party companies that don’t offer mortgages directly but source a wide array of mortgage rates from multiple providers. They will also negotiate your application on your behalf and are paid out by the lender of your choice once you sign on for financing.
How much money can I save?
By comparing rates for your mortgage through a licensed broker, you may be able to save hundreds or thousands of dollars in interest. This is because you’ll be able to see how much you can qualify for from multiple lenders, which will help you make an informed decision about the best choice for your particular financial situation.
Another benefit of Clear Trust is that they can give you access to wholesale rates that you might not be able to find on your own. You also won’t need to haggle for the best deal because Clear Trust will be busy negotiating on your behalf behind the scenes.
Do I have to pay to use Clear Trust?
You won’t need to pay to use Clear Trust because its mortgage brokers are paid directly by the lender you choose to go with for your mortgage. In the end, this works out for everyone. The lender gets your business, your mortgage broker gets paid and you get the loan that’s the best fit for your unique set of needs and budget.
What mortgage options are available to me?
Clear Trust offers a number of different mortgage types, based on what you need. These include some of the following:
- First-time home buyer. Get reasonable rates for your first mortgage from a number of suitable lenders.
- Refinancing. Refinance your mortgage to get additional money to cover extra costs like home renovations, debt consolidation and more.
- Mortgage renewals. Switch lenders to get better rates when your mortgage comes up for renewal.
- Bad credit lending. Work with B-lenders and private lenders to finance your mortgage even if your credit is low.
- Home equity line of credit. Get a line of credit secured by your home to access additional funds in case of an emergency.
Pros and cons
- Quick application. You can apply for a wide range of quotes in under five minutes.
- Big savings. You could save thousands of dollars on your mortgage by comparing providers using Clear Trust’s online platform.
- More choice. Your providers will be handpicked, and you’ll get a nice array of rates to choose from.
- Many mortgage types. Clear Trust offers many different types of mortgages for just about anyone, from first-time home buyers to seasoned real estate gurus.
- Free service. You won’t have to pay for access to this platform since the cost is absorbed by your lender on the other end.
- Last resort options. Clear Trust works with credit unions and private lenders to help you get approved even if your credit score is low.
- Expert guidance. You’ll be matched up with a Clear Trust expert who will be there to help you navigate the mortgage process.
What to watch out for
- Limited lenders. You may not get every rate available on the market since Clear Trust will only post rates for its lending partners.
- No pre-existing relationship. Unlike with the big banks, you won’t typically have a pre-existing relationship with whatever lender you match with.
- No in-person service. You won’t be able to visit Clear Trust in person to discuss your mortgage needs.
- Computer-based. You’ll have to be a little bit tech-savvy to navigate the online application and document upload process.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for a Clear Trust loan, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years old (and 19 in some provinces)
- Be a citizen or resident of Canada
- Be free from bankruptcy or other forms of unmanageable debt
Required documents and information
- Government-issued ID. You’ll be required to show proof of ID like your driver’s licence or passport.
- Proof of income. You may need to submit documents like pay stubs and letters of employment to show that you can afford your monthly payments.
- Credit report. You’ll need to allow Clear Trust to pull your credit report so that they can assess your creditworthiness.
- Other financial information. You may have to provide a list of your debts and assets, along with proof that you can pay for your down payment and closing costs.
How to apply
If you think you meet all the eligibility criteria and you’re ready to get started with your loan application, you just need to follow these simple steps.
- Use the online application to provide personal information like your name, email address, proof of ID and relevant documents.
- Review and submit your application.
- Get verified and work with Clear Trust to negotiate the terms of your mortgage if you meet the eligibility requirements.
Compare other mortgage lenders
Clear Trust is a reputable mortgage broker that can connect you to the best mortgage for your unique set of needs and budget. Find out how you can lock in the best rates and terms for your next home loan and start your application today to begin comparing lenders.